C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Spare Tire Bolt Size??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2020 | 02:04 PM

W220
Spare Tire Bolt Size??

Got up this morning and another flat tire 😡😓 if been getting flat tires like crazy so this time I changed the tire myself instead of going to a tire shop. So for the heck of it I looked over the manual, and I guess the spare tire comes with its own size bolts, and there no were to be found. You can't use the same bolts because the difference in length but the bolts that I took off from the rims are small like the ones used for the spare tire 😕😕 ok so Hooray I found them on the rims your not supposed to use them on because obviously there shorter so out of curiosity I took off one bolt from all my other tires, and there all short the wrong size WTF ! Anyone else has this problem ? Maybe you didn't, 't notice, but I feel like this is extremely dangerous because the short bolts barely grip anything I haven't contacted MB yet I definitely feel like going ape **** crazy and maybe talk to a lawyer especially because I have my kids in this car practically all the time and when I don't I foot is a bit heavy 2014 c 300 4matic supercharged I'm surprised the wheels never flew off any ideas on what the fu$% to do ?

Spare tire bolts are different size

Thats the bolt that came off the other rim