C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

HK amplifier defect after workshop changed rear bumper?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2020 | 11:52 AM

Mercedes C W204
HK amplifier defect after workshop changed rear bumper?

Hi!

My 8 year old W204 sedan was got a dent when a friend drove it (smh...)
The speakers and everything worked fine, it was jsut cosmetic UNTIL a workshop changed the rear bumper.
My HK speakers sounds distorted (almost broken) on both rear and front speakers on the left side,
ever since it came back from the workshop.
And I suspect it may be because they damaged the wiring from the amplifier (on the left side of trunk).

1. I just want to know if you knowledgeable people think this is something that inevitably would have happened?
And it just accidentally happened to be during the period it was at the workshop.
OR
2. There may have been a mistake done by the workshop during the replacement of the rear bumper,
that led to the wiring or the amplifier getting damaged.

I really hope someone can help. I've had a long discussion with the workshop,
and my dad just passed away after agreeing that this must be something that the workshop needs to do for us free of charge.
THANKS!
Old 06-11-2020 | 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
You're going to have a difficult time proving that.. but it's worth taking up with the body shop to see if they are willing to investigate.

Did you say your dad.. like died.. after agreeing with you? That was an odd segue.