C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Automatic headlight adjustment at start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2020, 05:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C250 CGI (2010)
Automatic headlight adjustment at start

Hey Guys!

I have an issue, I didn't really find any answers so far.
So I own a 2010 pre FL model with Xenon headlights. Few weeks ago I had a car wash, and my left headlight got some water inside. (Unfortunately because of the prev. owner the inner plastic housing of the headlight was broken, so water could be leaked into the headlight, then vaporized.). This is not the first time it happened, usually it takes 1-2 days to dry. If this happens, the Xenon bulb is also not working. (Error code on dashboard). Few days passes, "system" dries, and everything is working fine.

At the last car wash, this happened again. 1-2 days passed, and the bulb itself is working fine. No error code. But! There is the following function in these cars: When you start the engine, the xenon headlights are making automatically a height/range adjustment, or calibration, or whatever is this called. Moving down and up.
Now this function is not working on the left side. When I start the engine, this range adjustment happens only on the right side, the left side stays fixed.

Any ideas? The fuses are fine. Where are this moving motor or ECU located?
Is there a possibility to repair this function, withour replacing the complete headlamp?

Thank you for the help. Sorry for bad English