C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Air Condition problem W204/S204

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 08:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C-class 200CDI
Question Air Condition problem W204/S204

Hello,

Have S204, manufactured 01/2010 (first facelifted model before the last one from 2011-2014) and I have strange Air Condition problem.
- It is cooling but when A/C button is "ON" I can not make it heating the car, if I move rounded temperature button to 26°C it will not affect temperature change - it will be the same cool as when it is on 16°C. I think it is some middle cool temperature, maybe around 20°C, because I think it was more cold before. So, no matter how I change temperature it is always the same cool temperature.
- When I turn off the A/C button then heating is working
- Also, I noticed that middle section of the car (between driver and co-driver) become very hot, especially on co-drviver size and when you put your left leg and touch it it is very hot (steering wheel in on the left side).
- Read climate zone is not cooling a lot, it is more hot than cold when A/C button is ON.

Coolant gas is ok, not leaking, and it was filtered/cleaned last year and level is the same.

I connected the vehicle to some OBD diagnostic tool and all I got regarding AC is "Air quality control senzor failed".
Do you know from this description what is going wrong and if it is possible to give me some rough estimation what could cause this problem and maybe expected costs of the repair.