C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Engine Light - P2263 Code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200
Question Engine Light - P2263 Code

Greetings,

In regards to the subject at hand, I own a Mercedes-Benz C200 W204 2008 (Kompressor) and the car has ran so far around 196,000 KM which is the equivalent of 121,788 Miles. I haven't owned the car for long as I'm not the first owner and god knows how the previous owner was treating the car by the time they decided to let go of it. Once I've had my hands on it I took it to a fairly good mechanic that is based on Mercedes vehicles and parts etc... I serviced all the oils, filters and made sure there are no leaks and fix any if it were to occur. Unfortunately, that wasn't enough as it seems like every now and then I have the Check Engine Light popping up and it just feels like the car is so lazy and powerless. Statics show the car should be running 0-100 in around 8.8 seconds? I say 13 Seconds if not more. I have a Hyundai Elentra with a 1.6 base engine and it runs faster than a 1.8 Supercharged engine. I have no clue if the car is going into limp mode, I took the car to the mechanic they said that this is a fixed issue but the code wasn't removed from the vehicle when it was fixed. Therefore, that's why it pops up. I follow the rules of common sense. And I call bs on that. I'm just clueless at this point because I have no clue where to pin point myself and follow which direction. I believe it's a sensor issue which I'll be checking out today at another mechanic to see where that leads.

If anyone has any suggestions that'd be fantastic.