C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Rear Left undercarriage rattle when going over bumps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C250 W204, 2010
Lightbulb Rear Left undercarriage rattle when going over bumps

Car: Mercedes C250 W204, 2010

Issue: Every time I go over a bump or a drop in road height, there is a loud recoil from the rear left suspension area. The after-effect (shutter noise) comes mostly from the left rear (70%) undercarriage but also to the right which is about 30%…..

Additional triggers; an uneven road, a drop in road height, ditches, potholes, crevices, etc.

Attempted fixes; Mechanics failed attempts to resolve the issue have been by trying to fix the rear spare wheel holder, adjust the bushes on the left rear, adjust the tension and handbrake cable, brand new struts on the back left and rear right, and fix exhaust heat shield by re riveting it

Solutions for Additional noise/vibration reduction advice: I have put noise deadening mats in the boot and under the rear speaker shelf BUT it is separate from the rear (L) suspension area issue.

Effect: The noise is VERY annoying and activates my stress levels and distracts me from what should be a smooth ride. All my other cars never make this noise. I.e M3, Audi A5, etc.

If someone could point me in the right direction with the proper solution for my Mercedes mechanic that would be superb?