C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Trunk has gap on one side *see attached picture*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 12:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'13 C300 Sport 4Matic M276 w/ Renntech Stage 1
Trunk has gap on one side *see attached picture*

Hey there folks,
As you can see in the picture below, one side of my trunk lid has quite a large gap when closed. Also noticed it squeaks when I close it slowly. The other side is completely fine. From what I gather, the hinge on this side is likely broken, and will need to be replaced. It appears the part number for this is 2047500528. I did not notice any dents or bends in the body panel either, which is why I am lead to believe the hinge is the issue. If anyone has faced this issue, can you let me know the fix for this, and the cost?

Thanks!

Old 01-04-2021, 01:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'13 C300 Sport 4Matic M276 w/ Renntech Stage 1
Follow up post:

I was talking to my mechanic, and I was able to get it fixed without bringing it in. He said that this likely happened due to overfilling the trunk, which caused one of the springs to get out of whack. To fix it, pop open your trunk and push it with quite a bit of strength towards your rear windshield. You are going to hear some creaking coming from the springs, but this is normal. You will likely need to push harder than you think, as I didn't get it first time, as I was afraid of breaking something, and had to do it twice after getting his confirmation to push harder.

If this does not work for you, and you are looking to replace the part, the part number for the hinge is:

204-750-052-8

Old 03-05-2023, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Correct way to push

Originally Posted by picuron
Follow up post:

I was talking to my mechanic, and I was able to get it fixed without bringing it in. He said that this likely happened due to overfilling the trunk, which caused one of the springs to get out of whack. To fix it, pop open your trunk and push it with quite a bit of strength towards your rear windshield. You are going to hear some creaking coming from the springs, but this is normal. You will likely need to push harder than you think, as I didn't get it first time, as I was afraid of breaking something, and had to do it twice after getting his confirmation to push harder.

If this does not work for you, and you are looking to replace the part, the part number for the hinge is:

204-750-052-8

Hi, i have the same exact issue, how exactly should i be pushing? The natural way up or do i push it in? Thank you
Old 08-10-2023, 03:37 PM

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
2005 Mercedes S600
i need to know this too. i have the same issue