C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Rotted rear subframe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 05:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 C300 Lux
Rotted rear subframe

I have some questions, and hope someone can help. I tried to search the forums, but have so far only found limited info.

The car is 2012 C300 Luxury with 73,000 miles. It mainly ran on local roads in NJ with some highways. I just sent the car to the dealer for 9 year maintenance (Service A), and the dealer told me that the car has a rotted rear subframe problem and the subframe could break out in months. He quoted a replacement cost of $5,800.

1) I tried to google online and did find that some also have similar problem. One owner even said that the problem is well known and that in Canada it is a recall service. Has anyone in USA encountered similar problem? If yes, did MB provide any assistance?
2) If owner has to pay to replace the rear subframe, what is the normal cost? The dealership quote of $5,800 sounds like a ripoff.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 01-27-2021, 07:15 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 C300 Sport
Check out this thread

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-subframe.html
Old 02-16-2021, 08:59 AM

2012 C300 Lux
Thanks for the info.

I took my car to another auto shop to check. The guy who inspected said there shouldn't be a concern in 1-2 years. The rear subframe only has two small areas with a bit of rust.

I also called a few other auto shops for quote. The quotes (including parts, labor, alignment, brake fluid, etc.) are around $2,500, but the subframe is in back order everywhere.

Anyway, it does seem that the MB dearlershop's claim was a ripoff.

The following users liked this post:
Nosa1 (06-14-2024)
Old 02-16-2021, 11:37 PM

Received 150 Likes on 130 Posts
2008 C350 Sport 4Matic Swap
Originally Posted by kev10
Thanks for the info.

I took my car to another auto shop to check. The guy who inspected said there shouldn't be a concern in 1-2 years. The rear subframe only has two small areas with a bit of rust.

I also called a few other auto shops for quote. The quotes (including parts, labor, alignment, brake fluid, etc.) are around $2,500, but the subframe is in back order everywhere.

Anyway, it does seem that the MB dearlershop's claim was a ripoff.
You have to fluid film these cars. Take your under panels over and coat everything. If your subframe is showing signs of failure, the brake lines can't be to far behind.
Old 12-13-2021, 04:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300
Same Issue w/ My 2011 C300

Kev,

I just experienced the same issue with my 2011 C300 which has approx 119k miles.

My son was away at college and started complaining a couple of months ago about the car leaking brake fluid. At that time he took it to a local mechanic near school who replaced the brake line. Fast forward to last week and my son (now home for Christmas break) complained about the rear of the car swaying when coming to an abrupt stop.

I had a shop close to me that specializes in German vehicles take a look at my car and was shocked when they showed me the rear subframe (see attached photo). I was even more alarmed to learn that over the past couple of months this the same shop has replaced the subframe in 3 to 4 Benzs. This is a serious issue that could lead to a catastrophic accident.

I spoke to someone (Laura) at MB corporate office today and was informed that there aren’t any current safety recalls for subframes. She also took my complaint but said she really couldn’t escalate it unless my car had been involved in an accident and I had it diagnosed at a Mercedes dealership. Needless to say I will be writing a safety complaint to the NHTSA shortly! I’m lucky that it didn’t take my son getting into a serious accident for me to uncover the problem.

Nosa1 (06-14-2024)
Old 12-13-2021, 08:00 PM

'11 MB C300, '93 Toyota Supra T , '12 Chevy Cruze
Same thing happened to me a month ago. The w212 sub frame also fits our cars so that is what i bought used on eBay. $1800 later and the car isnt worth a dollar more and is now safe to drive.
Old 05-20-2022, 03:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
c300
I am glad I found this forum. I just learned of the same issue with my 2010 C-300 (90,000 miles) when I brought it in yesterday for an inspection and A service. I bought this car for its reputation for safety and longevity, only to discover that Mercedes has a widely acknowledged issue with rotted sub-frames -- it's a serious safety issue and recalled in other countries. I was given a quote for close to $5000 to repair the subframe and brake line. The car has been serviced by the dealer from day 1 and has never missed its maintenance services.

I asked the dealer to put my car on a the hoist so that I could validate/inspect the rust and brought a friend along who is mechanical engineer and motor head for his evaluation and input. The underbody was pristine condition given the car's age, except for the subframe. The mechanics and service manager suggested that winter weather and salty roads were to blame -- however, there was no evidence of corrosion related issues anywhere else. As my friend said, if winter weather were to blame, there would be evidence of rust and corrosion on other parts, which would also have to be replaced, and that this points to a design and/or manufacturing issue.

Mercedes needs to step up and do the right thing - which is fixing it at no cost to the owner or dealer. People have filed complaints with the NHTSA and with Mercedes, however, nothing has been done about a serious issue. I shudder to think what could have happened if the subframe had cracked while driving it. This is law suit waiting to happen.

By way of background, my car has been continually serviced by the dealer since its purchase. It's in otherwise great shape. I have spent over the past year nearly $2k for repairs for normal wear and tear, which I would never had made had I been advised of this issue because this level of rot/corrosion did NOT occur overnight, or even in the course of one year. Neither the dealer nor Mercedes can blame it on winter weather because owners in states where winter weather is not a problem, such as Georgia and North Carolina, have experienced this issue too. For G-d's sakes, Mercedes is based in Stuttgart, Germany where winter is icy and cold. One would think they would have designed parts to withstand salty roads.

Moreover -- we all paid a premium for this car and its German engineering, and reputation for safety and quality. I don't think that any of us should be shouldering the financial cost of a part that clearly has design and/or manufacturing defects, particularly since it has been recalled in other countries. I didn't buy a premium car from a marquee company to deal with safety issues like this. Basically what Mercedes is telling us is that the lifespan of your car is 90,000 - 100,000 miles. Sounds dicey to me.

As a point of comparison, I drove a BMW 528e for 15 years, put on well over 200k of miles on it, drove it in all kinds of inclement weather, without subframe rot. My son inherited a 1986 BMW from his grandfather several years which was retired just last year after 36 years of reliable driving -- with no subframe corrosion.

I am filing a complaint with the NHTSA, will contact Mercedes, and will likely speak to my state reps to see if they can explain why the NHTSA has not issued a recall. Why should it take a serious accident or death for the NHTSA or Mercedes to fix this problem?

Last edited by Kalla; 05-20-2022 at 03:45 PM. Reason: spelling
RossP (05-21-2022)
Old 06-19-2022, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300
2011 C300 rear subframe assembly rusted out

I’m glad that I found this forum, too. I have always taken my 2011 C300 to the dealer since it was purchased, but because the car is getting a bit older, this year I took it to a very reputable local import car shop. I wanted to get an oil change, but I also had a thumping sound in the right rear of my car when I went over a bump that I wanted them to look at. They called to tell me that my rear subframe assembly was rusted out and they didn’t feel safe having me drive it. They also sent a video to show the rust. I have always parked my car in the garage and had a parking garage at my office and only have 89k miles on the car.

They told me that they’ve seen a large number of Mercedes C300’s with this very same problem and suggested that I file a claim with the NHTSA (which I did) because a Mercedes should never have this problem.

On top of this, I’ve been waiting 2 months for my repair because the part is now on back order and coming from Germany. On Friday I called Mercedes Customer Service to file a complaint. I was given a case number and told that someone from the executive management team would call next week. I’m not sure what my next step will be.

it sounds to me like there should be a recall as there is obviously a problem with the material used to make the original part.

Originally Posted by Kalla
I am glad I found this forum. I just learned of the same issue with my 2010 C-300 (90,000 miles) when I brought it in yesterday for an inspection and A service. I bought this car for its reputation for safety and longevity, only to discover that Mercedes has a widely acknowledged issue with rotted sub-frames -- it's a serious safety issue and recalled in other countries. I was given a quote for close to $5000 to repair the subframe and brake line. The car has been serviced by the dealer from day 1 and has never missed its maintenance services.

I asked the dealer to put my car on a the hoist so that I could validate/inspect the rust and brought a friend along who is mechanical engineer and motor head for his evaluation and input. The underbody was pristine condition given the car's age, except for the subframe. The mechanics and service manager suggested that winter weather and salty roads were to blame -- however, there was no evidence of corrosion related issues anywhere else. As my friend said, if winter weather were to blame, there would be evidence of rust and corrosion on other parts, which would also have to be replaced, and that this points to a design and/or manufacturing issue.

Mercedes needs to step up and do the right thing - which is fixing it at no cost to the owner or dealer. People have filed complaints with the NHTSA and with Mercedes, however, nothing has been done about a serious issue. I shudder to think what could have happened if the subframe had cracked while driving it. This is law suit waiting to happen.

By way of background, my car has been continually serviced by the dealer since its purchase. It's in otherwise great shape. I have spent over the past year nearly $2k for repairs for normal wear and tear, which I would never had made had I been advised of this issue because this level of rot/corrosion did NOT occur overnight, or even in the course of one year. Neither the dealer nor Mercedes can blame it on winter weather because owners in states where winter weather is not a problem, such as Georgia and North Carolina, have experienced this issue too. For G-d's sakes, Mercedes is based in Stuttgart, Germany where winter is icy and cold. One would think they would have designed parts to withstand salty roads.

Moreover -- we all paid a premium for this car and its German engineering, and reputation for safety and quality. I don't think that any of us should be shouldering the financial cost of a part that clearly has design and/or manufacturing defects, particularly since it has been recalled in other countries. I didn't buy a premium car from a marquee company to deal with safety issues like this. Basically what Mercedes is telling us is that the lifespan of your car is 90,000 - 100,000 miles. Sounds dicey to me.

As a point of comparison, I drove a BMW 528e for 15 years, put on well over 200k of miles on it, drove it in all kinds of inclement weather, without subframe rot. My son inherited a 1986 BMW from his grandfather several years which was retired just last year after 36 years of reliable driving -- with no subframe corrosion.

I am filing a complaint with the NHTSA, will contact Mercedes, and will likely speak to my state reps to see if they can explain why the NHTSA has not issued a recall. Why should it take a serious accident or death for the NHTSA or Mercedes to fix this problem?
Old 06-21-2022, 08:49 PM

C300
Rusted out subframe

I just had to have my car towed to Mercedes to find out I also have a rusted out subframe that is so rusted it rusted out my control arm and it broke off. I’m completely livid for the fact I drive for 90 minutes each way on Sunday for Fathers and could have crashed. My car is a 2010 C300 woth only 92k miles. They sent me a video and I wanted to die of how bad the rust was and why they never mentioned this to me when I take my car in for service. This is dangerous and we should not be paying for this since it’s happening on all the cars. Shame on them. I will be filing a complaint
Originally Posted by JanetLN
I’m glad that I found this forum, too. I have always taken my 2011 C300 to the dealer since it was purchased, but because the car is getting a bit older, this year I took it to a very reputable local import car shop. I wanted to get an oil change, but I also had a thumping sound in the right rear of my car when I went over a bump that I wanted them to look at. They called to tell me that my rear subframe assembly was rusted out and they didn’t feel safe having me drive it. They also sent a video to show the rust. I have always parked my car in the garage and had a parking garage at my office and only have 89k miles on the car.

They told me that they’ve seen a large number of Mercedes C300’s with this very same problem and suggested that I file a claim with the NHTSA (which I did) because a Mercedes should never have this problem.

On top of this, I’ve been waiting 2 months for my repair because the part is now on back order and coming from Germany. On Friday I called Mercedes Customer Service to file a complaint. I was given a case number and told that someone from the executive management team would call next week. I’m not sure what my next step will be.

it sounds to me like there should be a recall as there is obviously a problem with the material used to make the original part.
Old 06-24-2022, 10:12 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 BMW 228i Convertible; 2018 Lincoln MKZ
So I guess I'm glad I found this thread. I test drove a 2012 C300 with 92k on the clock last night and was probably going to buy it tomorrow morning. I'm in Minnesota, land of snow and salt. This car has been in the local area all it's life and from this thread I gather I can expect that the rear subframe is likely already rusted and borderline. Is this correct?

Pity. The car ran and drove absolutely like a new car. I was impressed it could look and run so good being 10 years old and with that kind of mileage
Old 06-24-2022, 10:37 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2014 C250 Luxury
Originally Posted by leftoverture
So I guess I'm glad I found this thread. I test drove a 2012 C300 with 92k on the clock last night and was probably going to buy it tomorrow morning. I'm in Minnesota, land of snow and salt. This car has been in the local area all it's life and from this thread I gather I can expect that the rear subframe is likely already rusted and borderline. Is this correct?

Pity. The car ran and drove absolutely like a new car. I was impressed it could look and run so good being 10 years old and with that kind of mileage
I'm not sure I would immediately jump to assuming the car you looked at is a lost cause just based on a couple of threads with 20 or 30 people posting that their car has a rusted subframe. Obviously it's an expensive repair if it turns out that car is affected by this rust issue, so it's probably worth getting a close look at it yourself to put your mind at ease before making the purchase. If it's a dealer selling the car, have them put it up on a lift for you to see the subframe. If it's a private sale, bring a jack and jack stands and jack it up to take a look.
Old 06-24-2022, 11:47 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 BMW 228i Convertible; 2018 Lincoln MKZ
Originally Posted by AAIIIC
I'm not sure I would immediately jump to assuming the car you looked at is a lost cause just based on a couple of threads with 20 or 30 people posting that their car has a rusted subframe. Obviously it's an expensive repair if it turns out that car is affected by this rust issue, so it's probably worth getting a close look at it yourself to put your mind at ease before making the purchase. If it's a dealer selling the car, have them put it up on a lift for you to see the subframe. If it's a private sale, bring a jack and jack stands and jack it up to take a look.
Well, it sounds like it affects all C300s reading this thread. So my presumption is that even if the subframe isn't cracked now, being constantly in the snow and salt it would be a problem eventually. And I can't afford to go there.

Am I wrong that all C300s have this issue? Is it only a limited number, as in a batch manufacturing defect or something they corrected at some point?
Old 06-24-2022, 01:43 PM

2014 C250 Luxury
Originally Posted by leftoverture
Well, it sounds like it affects all C300s reading this thread. So my presumption is that even if the subframe isn't cracked now, being constantly in the snow and salt it would be a problem eventually. And I can't afford to go there.

Am I wrong that all C300s have this issue? Is it only a limited number, as in a batch manufacturing defect or something they corrected at some point?
I'm not sure how you arrived at the conclusion that all C300s have this issue. Again, between this thread and the other thread that RossP linked, there are probably 20 or 30 people who have chimed in with this issue. How many C300 owners peruse this forum? Certainly it's more than 20 or 30 - if the problem affected every C300, wouldn't there be a bunch more people responding to these threads? And the nature of this sort of forum is that people log in and report problems; nobody logs in and creates a thread that says, "My rear subframe is fine. Just wanted to let you know. Oh, and my front one is fine, too, in case anyone was wondering." Add in that the users of this forum are only a tiny, tiny fraction of the total ownership of W204s, which were sold all over the world, and you should come to the conclusion that you have no useful data to assess the commonality of the subframe rust issue.

If you're worried about it, inspect the car before buying - that way you'll know if it's a problem for that specific car.
Old 06-25-2022, 04:04 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 C250 W205
In Germany Mercedes does replace rusted-out rear subframes at no cost to the car owner.
The rusting originates from the inside of the subframe.
Reason for the issue:
A third party supplier delivered those subframes w/o sufficient rustproofing to the inside.

Last edited by Joe1959; 06-25-2022 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-12-2022, 05:33 PM

C300
I just had this happen to me. C300 2011 142k miles. In Edina MN. the W204 frame models from 2008-2011 seem to be affected.
Colleen (09-26-2022)
Old 07-15-2022, 03:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
c300
Following up on my previous post, I spoke to an independent but MB certified repair shop -- the owner said he's routinely been replacing subframes for the past couple of years. He said he would not recommend the car any longer because they have "cheaped out" on all their parts. His advice has been to reconsider purchases of Mercedes, or simply lease for 3 years as it's not worth the cost of future repairs.

Secondly, my eldest son's future father in law, who I just met for the first time, is in very high end luxury sales in a state not known for corrosive winter weather. He said their repair shop has a back log of repairs for Mercedes subframe repairs ... and that he will never recommend Mercedes to buyers -- and mentioned that there are too many issues in the last couple of years on the newer models. In fact, he said that the newer Mercedes models are going to be in worse shape, in fewer years, than my C300. He said in the good old days, there was a saying, "Friends don't sell friends a Ford" but in today's world, it's the Mercedes. In his opinion, MB's "duty of care" to their clients is at the very low end of the spectrum compared to other high end automobile manufacturers. In fact, he said that since it's a known issue, it borders on egregious that the MB, as well as the MB dealer based repair shops are not being proactive when doing standard maintenance, or advising clients of the problem before the car becomes undrivable/dangerous.

I am in the process of reaching out to the State Attorney General about the subframe/brakeline issues with Mercedes, will also be sending letters to state representatives as well. I am incredulous how many issues the manufacturer has had, and why in the interest of our safety, and their reputation, MB hasn't voluntarily recalled the parts.

I will post copies of my letters to state representatives -- and maybe if enough of us make the effort, MB will do the right thing.

Last edited by Kalla; 07-15-2022 at 03:53 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Kalla:
Colleen (09-26-2022), DonnyGT (02-09-2023), Zboyz3 (07-22-2022)
Old 07-29-2022, 09:56 AM

2012 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by Kalla
Following up on my previous post, I spoke to an independent but MB certified repair shop -- the owner said he's routinely been replacing subframes for the past couple of years. He said he would not recommend the car any longer because they have "cheaped out" on all their parts. His advice has been to reconsider purchases of Mercedes, or simply lease for 3 years as it's not worth the cost of future repairs.

Secondly, my eldest son's future father in law, who I just met for the first time, is in very high end luxury sales in a state not known for corrosive winter weather. He said their repair shop has a back log of repairs for Mercedes subframe repairs ... and that he will never recommend Mercedes to buyers -- and mentioned that there are too many issues in the last couple of years on the newer models. In fact, he said that the newer Mercedes models are going to be in worse shape, in fewer years, than my C300. He said in the good old days, there was a saying, "Friends don't sell friends a Ford" but in today's world, it's the Mercedes. In his opinion, MB's "duty of care" to their clients is at the very low end of the spectrum compared to other high end automobile manufacturers. In fact, he said that since it's a known issue, it borders on egregious that the MB, as well as the MB dealer based repair shops are not being proactive when doing standard maintenance, or advising clients of the problem before the car becomes undrivable/dangerous.

I am in the process of reaching out to the State Attorney General about the subframe/brakeline issues with Mercedes, will also be sending letters to state representatives as well. I am incredulous how many issues the manufacturer has had, and why in the interest of our safety, and their reputation, MB hasn't voluntarily recalled the parts.

I will post copies of my letters to state representatives -- and maybe if enough of us make the effort, MB will do the right thing.
I had my MB dealer submit my case to MB HQ and was told that since I purchased my 2012 C300 from this dealer that MB would cover 50% of the cost, so $2500.00 out of my pocket as the total cost is $5000.00. The dealer said that currently they have 12 rear subframes on backorder with MB, and they didn't have an ETA on when those were gonna be coming in. I ordered a used one from a south western salvage yard and will install it myself. Probably a 2 day project assuming nothing else breaks when removing the old exhaust, brakes, rear diff, axles, control arms, etc. My dealer also told me to save my receipts as they suspect a recall to be coming in the next year and MB will refund my money, of course not my labor I'm sure. Once I get the used one in, I plan to weld some extra bracing to the control arm brackets as they rip apart from the subframe as well as apply a generous rust proofing to the entire unit before reassembly. I have seen folks on here comment that it isn't all W204 C300s that are affected by this issue, and they are right and wrong, if you live in the south and never see road salt you are probably not affected, if you live in the north and they use salt to melt snow/ice from the roads then your frame will rust out. Hopefully the recall comes sooner than later and people can wait for it, otherwise spend the money to get it repaired (or try it yourself) and hold on to all your receipts and maybe you will get reimbursed at some point.
Old 08-09-2022, 07:37 PM

Received 75 Likes on 72 Posts
Mercedes w204 4matic sport

Wife asked me to get something during my lunch. On the way back to work my car went all over the place when braking. I work at a dealer as a tech so I put it in the air and found this! Thank god I wasn’t on the highway when it gave out… 2013 c300 with 93k on it. Live in NY. I submitted a case with MBUSA and we’ll see if I get anywhere with this. I undercoated my car last fall to hopefully avoid this but I guess I was too late.
Old 08-16-2022, 10:08 AM
Banned

240 2002
Now the rear subframe has an extended warranty in the US. The interesting in this is if some extra parts like the all-wheel drive systems get damaged by this kind of damage must be replaced at no extra cost to the owner. Pretty sure they will make an extra charge to fix the part to get some profit on it.

Last edited by Sheiklic; 05-15-2023 at 07:48 AM. Reason: update
Old 08-16-2022, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Sheiklic
C300 between 2008-2014 have that issue, is not a recall in the US (I don't know why maybe the owners don't want to say it) But is a regular issue on these models. You can find a brand new subframe in the dealer and its price is around $1000.00. Yea, these "expert" shops abuse very often too. And please don't drive the car until gets fixed, or can damage all the transmission parts in the rear.

https://www.mercedesbenzstarparts.co...ber-2043500141

Good luck.
I called that dealer who runs the site and gave them my vin. They said my subframe is different from that one. They said mine is A2073509702. Call a dealer before ordering to make sure. Maybe I should verify with another dealer?
Old 08-18-2022, 02:17 PM
pjl

2011 C300
2011 C300 Sport 4 Matic rear frame rot rear axel carrier

I have a 2011 c300 and the rear axle carrier frame is rotted on the driver's side. This car has only seen 5 winters (2011-2013 and 2019 - 2021) In the in-between years
it was garaged and stored for the winter. There is no corrosion anywhere on the vehicle except the rear carrier arms (both sides) as others have noted in the thread. I would
expect rot elsewhere if it were salt in general. In my opinion, this is a design issue. Since Canada has administered a recall I assume it is a valid defect. Lucky the rot allowed me to drive but with caution. I have been waiting for parts for 3 months and they are still on backorder. The local Mercedes dealer indicated the same but I assume they are handling their customers first before selling to repair shops. Please log a complaint with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (see below). I have seen a number of complaints logged already. If there isn't a recall I hope there is a class action lawsuit. Maybe we should start one?

NHTSA | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration

https://www.nhtsa.gov

Last edited by pjl; 05-22-2023 at 11:44 AM. Reason: when frame examined, more extensive, not to drive except local. have pics
nitin (10-14-2022)
Old 08-28-2022, 12:34 PM

2014 C250 Luxury
2014 W204, only ~52k miles, lived its entire life in the Mid-Atlantic (where roads are salted in the winter), no subframe rust at all.
Old 09-03-2022, 08:33 PM

2013 MB E350
Replacing my E350 Rear Subframe using Aftermarket Part

My 2013 E350 also has a rusted rear subframe like many others described here. MB dealer would not cover this even with my extended warranty. This is not safe and I would like to replace it. The Mercedes part has been on back order for some time and is not clear when they will have it in stock. I would like to replace mine using an aftermarket rear subframe. Has anyone replaced theirs using an aftermarket subframe or sees any issue with using an aftermarket part? I appreciate your comments.
Old 09-04-2022, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by JasonKing
My 2013 E350 also has a rusted rear subframe like many others described here. MB dealer would not cover this even with my extended warranty. This is not safe and I would like to replace it. The Mercedes part has been on back order for some time and is not clear when they will have it in stock. I would like to replace mine using an aftermarket rear subframe. Has anyone replaced theirs using an aftermarket subframe or sees any issue with using an aftermarket part? I appreciate your comments.
i haven’t heard of others using aftermarket but I believe there are 2 or more different subframes as I found out for our car. That’s why I decided to bite the bullet and pre-order OEM. That was a month ago. I’ve heard of up to a 3 months back order. So I’m just waiting at this point. That aside, I know people do seem to go aftermarket, just do your homework as aftermarket can be questionable fitment from my experiences.
Old 09-12-2022, 05:05 PM

2012 C300
Same happened here today. 2012 C300 was making strange slapping noises upon braking and some pulling to one side. MB dealership confirmed the left rear sub frame rotted and rusted out. Quoted me 6,300. Glad to have found the forum as well. Thank you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Rotted rear subframe