C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Engine Swap Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 02:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Mercedes Benz C230
Unhappy Engine Swap Issues

Hello there everyone. New poster long time reader. Back in the summer of last year I bought two 2006 MB C230 vehicles. One was red and one was white both 2006 models both C230 V6s seperated by a mere 3 months in production date. The white benz had been in a front end accident which I believe was a deer. Unfortunately at the time I did not have the title to it and was only going to use it for parts to make the red one complete. The miles on the white engine are 44,000. The red car ran fine but had cam issues. I drove it until October when the water pump seal gave out. Upon this happening I spent a few months finding a mechanic who wasn't afraid of working on it. I finally found one who was willing to do the engine swap and I was impressed by his enthusiasm so I hired him to do the engine swap. A few days ago he got the engines swapped, the white engine with 44k went into the red shell to which I had the title for. Upon getting everything together the white engine in the red shell will absolutely not fire. The engine has compression in all cylinders, the fuel pump is working, there is at least 6 gallons of fuel in the tank but yet all it does is crank and crank but no start. It sounds like it wants to start but does not fire. Also of note we installed brand new spark plugs and changed the starter, cam sensors ect. The computer on this white engine is from the red car still. I was weary if this would work as I've read the computer that sits on top of the engine is basically synced to the engine by serial numbers? Should I try the old white car computer or perhaps try the keys from the white car on the red shell? I've still been using the old red shell key and fab. Does anyone here happen to know what is wrong? It seems like something dumb we overlooked. Any help would be appreciated and I'd be happy to answer any other questions if I didn't cover anything. Thank you for reading! I can snag photos tomorrow too if needed.
Old 03-20-2021, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 543 Likes on 479 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
try the other ECU