C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2013 C250 Electrical Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C250 Sport
2013 C250 Electrical Issues

So, I took my car into my preferred shop (possibly not for much longer) to get the parking brake adjusted and some vibration issues on Wednesday. After diag they agreed to change the tranny mount to see if that would help since the motor mounts were previously changed. So come Friday and they get the approval code from my extended warranty to perform the work and inform me they'll need the car until Monday to finish since they are closed on weekends. Here's where it gets bad...

I call them at 4:30 on Monday to ask if the work is done. They said that the car battery was dead in the morning and possible somebody left an interior light on or something so they jumped it, then replaced the tranny mount. After lowering it, the car would not start so they jumped it again. The battery is almost brand new and I bought it literally a month ago. They claimed the issue is now that the driver window wont go back up.

I figured it just needed to be recalibrated so I drove there to see if I could show them. Only, that is not the issue at all. When I arrived the headlights and taillights were on while the car was off. I pointed it out and they said it wasn't on earlier. To my surprise the light switch was set to auto. I opened the door and my door marker lamp is strobing. Upon starting the car the blind spot assist says it's inoperable. My left blinker flasher on the dash alternates extremely fast on the driver's side. None of the windows can go up and down except the front passenger and only from that widow switch on that door. When rolled up all the way, it comes down about half an inch when you remove your finger from the switch. When the doors lock, they click excessively as if it's locking itself multiple times. Key fob is recognized to start the car, but not to unlock or lock the doors. Driver's window is stuck 100% down.

That was yesterday. Now today I called them around 10:30 am to check in and they told me that their master tech has been at it all morning unsuccessfully, and they tried to play it off it's just a simple driver window wont go up issue. I informed him that I stopped by yesterday and gave him a list of issues I noticed within 5 minutes. It's not simply a window won't roll up issue. There's a major electrical fault going on. I chewed him out pretty good that I was getting a parking brake adjustment and new tranny mount and they should never have needed the car for so long to begin with, and I'm at a loss for words over the current status of the car.

They assured me they'll get to the bottom of it and they could take it to a Benz specialty shop for further diag on their dime if necessary. I'm pretty pissed off. I also have no idea of the extent of the damage caused by them. At least I have a Platinum level extended warranty in the event the car is screwed, however the shop's insurance should be the one to cover it, not my warranty! It's 1 pm now and I've heard nothing since I last called this morning.

I'm lost on this one. WTF? Should I be worried that once they "fix" it that I could run into more related problems down the line?

Last edited by Icon13; 03-24-2021 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-23-2021, 09:02 PM

Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
W204 C200, BMW E30 M3, 1980Gt Mini, Toyota Corona, KTM 200 EXC.
Hi,
I wonder if the issue stems back from leaving the key in the ignition over the weekend and the battery has gone dead flat, lost some programming or damage was caused when jump starting when it should have been connected up to a charger.

Going forward, I think have some one with you go to the shop make a list of the things you have noticed that do not work as they should, sign the list and date it and get the shop to sign the list.
I dont know about your warranty but am thinking if there is no cost to you have the shop arrange delivery to Mercedes dealer for diagnosis dont get involved with any other “expert” speciality shops yes on there cost.

Once it leaves the Mercedes dealers fixed there will be no on going issues or worries.

Old 03-23-2021, 10:47 PM

Received 115 Likes on 97 Posts
2020 C300, 2013 C250, 2000 Boxster S
Wonder if they jumpstarted the vehicle with the jumper cables reversed? Saw this once several years ago. Car appeared to be fine but had all kinds of weird electrical problems.