C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Dealership prob. What's your take?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250
Dealership prob. What's your take?

So for the past two weeks I've been busy with my 2013 c250. I have 74k in it and I changed the motor oil, transmission fluid with tc drain, flushed the brake fluid, replaced the air intake filter and cabin filter and replaced the brake pads and rotors..and also replaced the air intake duct. My c250 has the amg appearance package so the headlights are hid and some other stuff. A couple of days ago, I noticed that one light (not the high or low beam or daylight or signal light) was busted so I changed the bulbs on both sides. I don't know what it's called but it lights up only when I use my signal lights. The signal lights (bottom of headlight) are the ones blinking..the ones that I am pertaining to are the ones that lights up like a regular light and turns off when I'm not using my signal. Anyway, I replaced both bulbs (L & R) and I couldn't lock it in place. I can only get one tooth to catch. It wasn't that of a big deal but since I am going to the dealership, I asked them if they can lock it in place for me...so they did...but when they are bout to give me my car back, those lights weren't working anymore and my left high beam wasn't working. I refused to take it back and the advisor was nice enough to take care of it...that was yesterday. Today, he told me that the high beam was fixed but those 2 lights were still not working. Any thoughts on this? I still don't have the car. The advisor said that they are going to run diagnostics on the wire harness and if it was a separate problem then I would have to pay for it. My issue is that I brought the car with working lights then they are returning it in this condition. Since this is my first time using that dealership (Temecula), I kinda look like I am trying to rip them off..at least that's how I feel. I wish I didn't bring the car if I knew that this would happen. They still have my car and I'm using a loaner. I feel like I'm gonna end up taking the car as is. What is your take on this if this happens to you? Should they cover it or should I just let it go? I don't want to look like I'm trying to rip them off and I know that they are probably suspecting since that was my first visit so I don't have any good records with them yet..and I don't have any evidence that these lights were working before I brought it in..I mean who would have thought that I would need to take a video of those lights working before going to the dealership. Sorry for my long post. Just giving you a big picture of what's going on so you know what I am going through right now.

*The main reason that I went to the dealership was because when I called MBUSA, they told me to go to my local dealership so I can activate my iButton. I just asked about it since I don't know what it was. Since they made it sound like a quick drop in, I decided to go. And since I am there, I asked them to lock those lights in place for me coz I couldn't do it, check for Command firware update and engine/transmission software update if there is any (they said there isn't for all of them) and to check the oil leak that I've been noticing but not significant enough. For the oil leak, they said it is coming from the head gasket but since I am experiencing this problem with them, it's making me think if they really checked it properly and if they really know what they are doing. I'm getting a second opinion hopefully tomorrow when I get my car back. I am hoping that it is just a valve cover and not the head gasket but we'll see.

Anyway, what's your take? Just let it go and take the car back as is or push them? I'm kinda in the middle right now since I don't have any evidence to support my claim.