C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Xenon Headlight Lens Replacement?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Manual C300 Sport
Lightbulb Xenon Headlight Lens Replacement?

My wife has decided she doesn't like the imperfections on the clear headlight covers of her 2009 C300 (Xenon Headlights) and instead of having me polish it up to a "like-new" finish, she wants to have it replaced.
I am trying to stay clear of dealerships because I know they are going to ask me to give up a kidney for them, but I am really struggling to find just the covers, so that she will be happy with "new" headlights.
She even says she would pay for the full headlight assembly if necessary! SMH

What is the best course of action here and are these parts available anywhere other than a dealership and/or a junkyard? Her headlights are in perfect condition otherwise...

Part #'s or links to stores are appreciated. THANK YOU.
Old 05-16-2021, 11:55 PM

2009 Manual C300 Sport
bump
Old 05-17-2021, 09:17 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2014 C250 Luxury
Nobody sells just the "covers" because there are no covers. The headlights are only sold as a single assembly; other than the bulbs, no part of the headlight is intended to be serviceable. Now, there are plenty of people who break headlights apart to modify them in various ways, so it is possible to get the lens off. Typically that's done by baking them in the oven, which softens up the sealant/adhesive that holds the lens on, and then you can pry the lens off.

But the only way to get a lens in perfect condition is going to be by buying a complete headlight assembly, so you might as well just install new headlights. Or, send your wife off to a spa day, then while she's gone, polish them to "like new" condition. When she gets home, show her the "new" headlights you installed.
Old 05-17-2021, 06:12 PM

Received 150 Likes on 130 Posts
2008 C350 Sport 4Matic Swap
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/194060869727...gAAOSwpCxgYZgz

I've been running these Chinese replacement lenses for over 4 years now and they've held up great. I ceramic coat them yearly which probably helps from UV protection. Replacing them, isn't hard, just take the headlight out and with a heat gun, they are quite easy to open up.
Old 05-17-2021, 08:24 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2014 C250 Luxury
Well, I'll be damned. I've never seen anything like that ^^^^ for any car. I stand corrected.
Old 05-17-2021, 11:27 PM

2009 Manual C300 Sport
Originally Posted by AAIIIC
Nobody sells just the "covers" because there are no covers. The headlights are only sold as a single assembly; other than the bulbs, no part of the headlight is intended to be serviceable. Now, there are plenty of people who break headlights apart to modify them in various ways, so it is possible to get the lens off. Typically that's done by baking them in the oven, which softens up the sealant/adhesive that holds the lens on, and then you can pry the lens off.

But the only way to get a lens in perfect condition is going to be by buying a complete headlight assembly, so you might as well just install new headlights. Or, send your wife off to a spa day, then while she's gone, polish them to "like new" condition. When she gets home, show her the "new" headlights you installed.
OK, So I need a whole new set of HID Headlight assemblies. Is eBay also the only place to find aftermarket replacements?
Old 05-29-2021, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts
2010 c300
Originally Posted by ltwargssf
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/194060869727...gAAOSwpCxgYZgz

I've been running these Chinese replacement lenses for over 4 years now and they've held up great. I ceramic coat them yearly which probably helps from UV protection. Replacing them, isn't hard, just take the headlight out and with a heat gun, they are quite easy to open up.
Bought similar ones for mine and installed them 8 months ago and my my headlights look brand new again. Also good time to clean your HID lens during install. Plasti dipped some of the internals as well.

BEFORE

AFTER

Last edited by aznmode; 05-29-2021 at 11:01 PM.