C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Car suddenly pulled to the right - Scary

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2021, 11:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 C300 Sport 4MATIC (current) 2006 C280 Elegance 4MATIC (sold)
Car suddenly pulled to the right - Scary

Hello,

My 2012 C300 4 Matic did something I’ve never experienced in any car before. I was coming out of a right turn onto a large empty road and decided to floor it for fun but the car suddenly did something rather scary. The car accelerated up to 68 km/h and just stayed there along with the motor holding the revs and wouldn’t go any faster despite the pedal being floored. The car then suddenly pulled hard to the right and I almost jumped the curb but yanked the car back to the left. Immediately after that I just drove it at the speed limit. I then decided to floor the car again to see what would happen but as soon as I gave the car a decent amount of throttle it again violently pulled to the right. It almost felt like only the two passenger side wheels were getting power and the car was torque steering.

At that point I pulled into a parking lot and shut the vehicle off. I did a walk around and saw nothing weird. I looked under the hood and nothing either. No warning lights or weird sounds. Weather was warm and dry out and I have newer Continental DWS tires on it with stock factory wheels. Car has 126,000kms and is up to date on maintenance.

Upon restarting I drove normal and later decided on flooring it to see what would happen. The car accelerated straight and smooth like nothing is wrong and drives just fine again. Any thoughts? Could this be sensor or module related?

Thanks.