C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Why are there two styles of seat cushions/

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2021, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 Luxury 4Matic
Why are there two styles of seat cushions/

Hi,

I recently purchased a driver's side bottom seat cushion from a donor W204 car at a "pick-and-pull" junkyard to replace the one I had due to the infamous "seam-coming-apart" upholstery problem. When I returned to my car to swap out the seats, I noticed that my seat was a "two-piece" cover, and the one I purchased was a "three-piece" cover. Why is this? I've looked all over to get an explanation, but I cannot find a definitive answer. Is it because one model is Sport and the other is Luxury and that determines witch cushion they put in the car? I want to replace my seat with the correct one if possible. Thanks n advance.
Old 10-13-2021, 10:45 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2014 C250 Luxury
I bought a new seat cover for my wife's '14 C250 Luxury, haven't installed it yet. Based on what I saw on the various Ebay listings (from a few different companies selling replacement covers), and based on what I saw in the '14 C-class brochure (which I found online somewhere), I couldn't figure out what determines whether you have the 2 panel or 3 panel seat cushion. The company that I ordered from on Ebay actually had me take a picture of the existing seat cover and send it to them once I placed the order so they could verify I was getting the correct style (which was the 2 panel for her '14 C250 Luxury). I'd guess if they're doing that, it's not as simple as just Sport vs. Luxury.
Old 11-04-2021, 11:37 AM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
2009 C300 4matic Sport
Seat covers

I think it is Sport vs Luxury. I just replaced mine on a 09 C300 Sport and it was 3 panel. It could also be a difference between real leather and MBTex, a synthetic leather most US C class are upholstered with.

Be careful on Ebay. I purchased one and it looked great and was as easy to install as OEM. However, the seat heater elements were not installed on Ebay version and were sewn into the padding on OEM making element swap unfeasible. The seller was gracious enough to give me full refund and I bought OEM from dealership I have a great relationship with.

Lastly, the entire seat doesn't need to be removed. There are 2 e torx bolts under the front edge of seat holding the seat pan in the frame. Remove those and lift front of lower seat cushion, disconnect airbag and seat controls wiring and it will lift out of seat frame...
Old 11-04-2021, 12:57 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2014 C250 Luxury
Originally Posted by GunDriver
Be careful on Ebay. I purchased one and it looked great and was as easy to install as OEM. However, the seat heater elements were not installed on Ebay version and were sewn into the padding on OEM making element swap unfeasible. The seller was gracious enough to give me full refund and I bought OEM from dealership I have a great relationship with.
Hmmmm.... Guess I better get off my *** and pull the wife's seat apart to see if her '14 is the same - I would imagine it is. The vendor I bought from offers 30-day returns, and I'm basically at that point, so I need to return it now or suck up the $200.