C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Extended Warranty - HPFP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2021, 01:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 c250
Extended Warranty - HPFP

So I received a new limited warranty coverage addendum on the following model years: 2012-2015 C-Class, SLK class vehicles (204, 172 engines I believe). The limited warranty on the High Pressure Fuel Pump is extended to 10 years/120,000 miles from the vehicles warranty start date! This is great news as these HPFP are expensive and fail quiet often!

Here’s my concern that I would like advice on! So the HPFP has been giving me problems for a few years now on my 2013 C class. I’ve taken it to the dealership and independent mechanic shop specializing in German car repairs. Both said I needed the HPFP, but I’ve always kinda put it off because of the expensive cost (~$1600) and I finally bit the bullet and took it into the shop earlier this week to get it fixed because I was losing too much power and the check engine light wouldn’t reset, like it usually does after a few on/off cycle. So if the problem occurred before the 120,000 miles but I didn’t get it fixed until now when my car is sitting at about 185,000 miles. Is there any way I could be reimbursed for this repair since it’s in the dealerships system that I needed it repaired long ago before the extended warranty?
Old 11-12-2021, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 443 Likes on 364 Posts
2021 GLB250 FWD, 2023 GLA250 FWD
Originally Posted by Sticktalk
So I received a new limited warranty coverage addendum on the following model years: 2012-2015 C-Class, SLK class vehicles (204, 172 engines I believe). The limited warranty on the High Pressure Fuel Pump is extended to 10 years/120,000 miles from the vehicles warranty start date! This is great news as these HPFP are expensive and fail quiet often!

Here’s my concern that I would like advice on! So the HPFP has been giving me problems for a few years now on my 2013 C class. I’ve taken it to the dealership and independent mechanic shop specializing in German car repairs. Both said I needed the HPFP, but I’ve always kinda put it off because of the expensive cost (~$1600) and I finally bit the bullet and took it into the shop earlier this week to get it fixed because I was losing too much power and the check engine light wouldn’t reset, like it usually does after a few on/off cycle. So if the problem occurred before the 120,000 miles but I didn’t get it fixed until now when my car is sitting at about 185,000 miles. Is there any way I could be reimbursed for this repair since it’s in the dealerships system that I needed it repaired long ago before the extended warranty?
Wow, that's a good question. I would say dealer documentation of the problem existing before reaching 120K miles would qualify. I suggest you go back to the dealer who originally diagnosed the problem and start there. Talk to the Service Manager, not one of the service writers or any of his assistants about this. There is also a number that can be called if the dealer's answer is not satisfactory. I just posted the letter in this forum in a new thread.