C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

w204 c200 cdi

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2021, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c220 cdi
w204 c200 cdi

Hey team
This may be a bit long so sorry for that
I brought a 2008 w204 c200 cdi my favorite merc i paid $7500 sadly before i had done 100 K's it was in limp mode showing ecs error and their is no buyer protection on private car sales in Australia.
So i was left with the options of go belt the bloke or fix it. Wife insists on fixing it. So off to my local euro mechanic. It had a bunch of errors (10) but none he thought should put it in limp mode so he cleared all codes said drive it when it limps again bring str8 back and we will have answer so of 90 k later back into limp mode so back i go and of course all the codes were back not just the one causing it. So clears it again. I go out and spend $700 on a half decent scan tool and 50 k later i scan it before limp mode. 7 of the codes are back but being it was not in limp mode via a process of elimination the code causing limp mode must be one of the 3 yet to appear. That means he now has only 3 things that might be causing it. Which is where i am at today. The other 7 such as glow plug stored error dont seem to be limp causing. So i am hoping if i put the 3 up yet to appear someone here may have some insight
1) injector drift cylinder y76\1 (cylinder 1 fuel injection stored)
2) feedback on the status of transmission protection is not received (Current)
the 3rd one is under the heading electronic selector module
3) output circuit 58D has a malfunction there is an open circuit current and stored
THESE ARE THE 3 ERRORS that are not on the scan that was taken in between when car not in limp mode. I have put up a pic of the list with all faults the ones highlighted are the ones that do not appear on scan when it is not in limp mode ...
Any help would be awesome not sure what parts are worth over there but here new injectors are between $2000 and $2400 so i want to try and avoid diagnosis by replacement.
I will be replacing the upstream egt sensor cause that i can do and i will prob give glow plugs a crack as wel. When i start car in mornings glow plug light is on for the first few minutes and i get an error stored about them i am hoping it is just the plugs though i doubt it wld be all 4 so again looking for insight ..
Also a funky error is from control unit

via can bus implausible but no engine light
Old 12-28-2021, 02:32 AM

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts
W204 C200, BMW E30 M3, 1980Gt Mini, Toyota Corona, KTM 200 EXC.
Hi,
Would you get the lower two highlighted faults fixed first then drive it and see if limp home is reactivated, this would then leave the expensive fuel injector as the final item which could cause the problem.

The two I am recommending to do are related to the transmission, I am wondering if there is any electrics like position switch directly below the shift leaver which which could have had a drink spilled down there?