C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

iDataStart Remote Start module does not work after installation on C200K W204

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2022, 04:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 W204
iDataStart Remote Start module does not work after installation on C200K W204

Hello folks,

just registered here for the very first time because I have a serious problem with my new remote starter.
As I am living in Germany and remote starters aren't really common here (some people use parking heaters instead), I got an iDataStart module for my W204 via Ebay shipped from the States. It is a 2008 C200K sedan, German model. No PTS, only tip-start.

I bought the CMBMXA0 module together with the ADS-THR-BZ3 T-Harness Set. No remotes or whatsoever, I wanted to go with the OEM key option first.
Flashed via Weblink using the ADS-USB cable, it was no problem. Then I installed everything as described in the install instructions, programmed the module correctly beforehand and so on, it actually even remote started up the first time using the OEM key!

But since then it hasn't worked on any try at all anymore. If I try to start the car now by pressing 3x "lock" on the key, the ignition turns on, but then random error messages on the instrument cluster appear and sometimes even the displays in the car flicker as well. As it tries to start the car, you can also clearly hear ticking noises of I guess the relays from the starter and fuel pump. The module tries the starting process up to 3 times, but it doesn't start, it not even cranks.
After that, the parking lights also flash to indicate the proper error code, but that doesn't help much, sometimes there are 3 + 7, sometimes 3 + 8 flashes.

Since these startup processes seemed anything but healthy to the car, I have already removed the module again, deleted all error codes that were stored via Xentry and reset the speedometer, flashed the module and expansion pack again, also reset the iDataStart module several times. Unfortunately, that didn't change anything either.

Well, to me it looks like the immobilizer bypass is failing, even though the key apparently read successfully in the programming procedure beforehand. Now I just don't know on anymore. Instructions said I only had to unplug one connector from the ignition switch and plug the T-harness in instead. With the T-Harness installed, the car starts normally with the key in the ignition switch. So wiring seems to be okay.

I have recorded a start up process and the wiring, have a look here:

Anyone have ideas what could be going on there? Thank you in advance!

Greetings from GER

Last edited by webpoinz; 01-14-2022 at 04:07 AM.