C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Car turns off once a day while driving please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S class 2006
Car turns off once a day while driving please help

I am facing this issue since 15 days my car is turning off some days when driving first pick up goes followed by all systems shutting anf then the car just turns off while running. And when I scan the car it says in all modules high voltageScan report attached below I showed the mechanic but he is unable to diagnose without it happening infront of him and it does not happen everyday so it's a issue which can't be reproduced on the spot
Old 02-03-2022, 05:19 PM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Kashish Singh
I am facing this issue since 15 days my car is turning off some days when driving first pick up goes followed by all systems shutting anf then the car just turns off while running. And when I scan the car it says in all modules high voltageScan report attached below I showed the mechanic but he is unable to diagnose without it happening infront of him and it does not happen everyday so it's a issue which can't be reproduced on the spot
Well, the modules are telling you they are seeing an over voltage condition which can only happen within the alternator so that may be a place to start. Multiple modules see this so go ahead and replace the alternator. They don't like high voltage as much as they don't like low voltage.
Old 06-06-2023, 08:03 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
S350
Originally Posted by Kashish Singh
Happened to me. Fuel pump & filter probably need replacing. My car threw all kinds of errors. A bad fuel pump sometimes produces a crackling noise. You can hear it in the left back seat. At least it did with me. After I replaced the fuel pump & filter, all codes disappeared.