C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

W204 P2009, jerky low gear shifting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2022, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 220cdi
W204 P2009, jerky low gear shifting

Hi,

First of all im pretty new to this forum, sooo please let me know if this is not the correct place to post.
So as you might have seen from the title, i am having some issues with my C220 MB.

# Some info about car
(220 CDI / 2007 / 200k km / Auto 5G)

# Current issue
As soon as engine starts, i can kind of feel it hesitating to change gear (or change it and jerk after changing it)
After a long road, effects are more noticable, especialy when i have to break (like to make a turn) and then press the accelerator right after.

## A bit of backstory
4 months ago, i changed ECU (According to my mechanic was defective and he couldnt debug limp mode that i was having at the time)
After that was changed, no more limp mode, just the check engine light on.
After he checked he told me that IMRC had gone bad. Changed that also, check engine light is off ( although i suspect he turned it off via some shady way :| )
Now lets enter the era of jerky shifting and engine kind of stalling ( humming noise ) when on lets say 3rd gear, but low rpm (1500-2000). Humming goes away after i accelerate more.
So in order to combat this, some valvle in the gearbox was changed. Issue with jerky shifting persists...

Scanning at my local mechanic again what pops up is the P2009 code which says "Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit Low Bank 1". Aaaand that is where i am stuck. He checked but i think he wasn't sure what to look for as he did not find any electrical stuff not being connected properly. Sooo i was wondering since there are a lot of experienced guys out here you can maybe help out a fella, as since i have bought the car i never got to enjoy it properly working once.

Many thanks in advance, any help or idea is appreciated