C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Android Head Unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2022, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 C200 W204
Android Head Unit

Hey Guys,

just installed the following an android head unit via the following link:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/224679412932?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=705-154756-20017-0&ssspo=UTzHeb9CSTa&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=78naq_x2tb k&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

However, I seem to be having a weird issue with it at the moment. So as far as radio goes, I can't seem to control that through the head unit itself, if I want to listen to radio, I have to press on the "Radio" button on the factory stereo itself. Additionally, I don't seem to be receiving any sort of audio really. I have a bluetooth Aux adapter which I'll be able to hear audio from, but if I want to play music on the head unit, nothing is actually coming through. For a more visual overview of the issue, the imgur link below has a video:

https://imgur.com/a/kcl3Ssy

any help would be appreciated!
Old 05-24-2022, 03:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300 2010 4matic
Dude I bought 2 differents screen, and I had same issues hopefully there's someone who will help
Old 05-24-2022, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 c250 Chrysler 300s
Guys I wanted to do the same thing. I have seen all the videos of guy installing head units and screens on YouTube, looks fairly simple right? Wrong! I went to three different specialty electronics stores before purchasing the first guy told me he would not have8 exactly what I would need to make the whole system run properly for about 6 month due to covid, second guy says it would cost me more than half of what the car is worth and that he and any of his technicians would not be working on any Mercedes due to how difficult it can be and if not done correctly the entire system could malfunction, the third guy says in order to make things work anD sound better than what is in the car now the entire system speakers and all plus new everything would be required, I would be looking at a full day, (8 hours) labour for two guys plus all the equipment and signing a waver excluding him and the company of anythjng that happens to my car as a direct result of the installation. So it seems to me anyway that I am going to have to be happy with what I have. I hope everything works out for guys without having to win the lottery to accomplish what you have started. Please if you could update the forum as to what happens next. Thank you! ......
Old 05-25-2022, 12:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300 2010 4matic
Originally Posted by Pitter
Guys I wanted to do the same thing. I have seen all the videos of guy installing head units and screens on YouTube, looks fairly simple right? Wrong! I went to three different specialty electronics stores before purchasing the first guy told me he would not have8 exactly what I would need to make the whole system run properly for about 6 month due to covid, second guy says it would cost me more than half of what the car is worth and that he and any of his technicians would not be working on any Mercedes due to how difficult it can be and if not done correctly the entire system could malfunction, the third guy says in order to make things work anD sound better than what is in the car now the entire system speakers and all plus new everything would be required, I would be looking at a full day, (8 hours) labour for two guys plus all the equipment and signing a waver excluding him and the company of anythjng that happens to my car as a direct result of the installation. So it seems to me anyway that I am going to have to be happy with what I have. I hope everything works out for guys without having to win the lottery to accomplish what you have started. Please if you could update the forum as to what happens next. Thank you! ......
Same here,
Old 05-30-2022, 09:23 AM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
2009 C300 4matic Sport
Love this unit

I ordered 2 different Android screens for my C300 on Ebay and sent both back. They claimed to interface with Harmon fiber optic audio system, be able to display Command menu and use command knob but neither worked correctly.

Looking around on the web I found this one:

https://autotecpro.com/product/merce...gation-system/

I ordered and it took about 2 weeks to arrive as it was shipped from Canada. Super easy to install. Company sends you an email with links to YouTube videos of installation. Fit is perfect, interface is great and retains the original menu screen for radio and CD. I have the back up camera they offer with it on order as the other aftermarket I had previously installed wasn't compatible for some reason. Other than that there have been zero issues with head unit.