C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Installing 10.5" Android Unit in my 2013 C300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2023, 12:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 C300 4Matic Sport
Installing 10.5" Android Unit in my 2013 C300

Hello all! Need some help for I am frustrated beyond belief. I am in the final stretch of the Android 10.5" screen install and I am stuck at trying to reinstall the COMAND/Headunit. With the new adapter and cables in place, it seems the headunit does not have enough space to slide back into place. Any thoughts or ideas on how to better house/hide the cables behind the unit for reinstall?

thank you!
Lance
Old 01-31-2023, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts
2010 c300
Trying getting the quad lock to go under the command. Its the only thing that's preventing the command from going in to place.
Old 05-06-2024, 09:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DashLynx.com
Always make sure to search for products that are made in the USA, like ours, provide you support by calling a phone number where you can speak to someone in the USA time zone. This is really important, especially for installation, so you can connect with someone who can do a video call with you at the same time. Plus, our products come with a lifetime warranty.
Old 05-06-2024, 11:32 PM

2013 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by DashLynx
Always make sure to search for products that are made in the USA, like ours, provide you support by calling a phone number where you can speak to someone in the USA time zone. This is really important, especially for installation, so you can connect with someone who can do a video call with you at the same time. Plus, our products come with a lifetime warranty.
good point. support for my unit was next to none; wonky time zone. These units WILL require install and setup help; unless you've done them before. They are tricky at times to get all systems GO even after getting it squashed in the center stack. I still like my unit and use it today.
Old 05-07-2024, 10:28 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

DashLynx.com
Originally Posted by oldghost
good point. support for my unit was next to none; wonky time zone. These units WILL require install and setup help; unless you've done them before. They are tricky at times to get all systems GO even after getting it squashed in the center stack. I still like my unit and use it today.
Yes that's why sometimes people think they saving $150 buying it from an overseas vendor but the most important part is that you will need support you want to have the limited lifetime warranty, you want to have support after you purchased it if something goes wrong a year down the line you wanna be able to call somebody and speak to them

Last edited by DashLynx; 05-07-2024 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-07-2024, 10:38 AM

2013 GL350 X166.824
I installed a GTA Car Kit in my GL350 and it was smooth, seamless, and support was super fast. Highly recommend. https://www.gtacarkits.com/

They are physically located in north america, so same time zones, etc.

For my quad lock I pushed it to the left (as is in their youtube install video) and it fit in just fine.

If you email support they respond very quickly and use zendesk (or something similar) to manage/respond to issues.
Old 05-07-2024, 10:50 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

DashLynx.com
Originally Posted by asuchander
I installed a GTA Car Kit in my GL350 and it was smooth, seamless, and support was super fast. Highly recommend. https://www.gtacarkits.com/

They are physically located in north america, so same time zones, etc.

For my quad lock I pushed it to the left (as is in their youtube install video) and it fit in just fine.

If you email support they respond very quickly and use zendesk (or something similar) to manage/respond to issues.
Basically, they're just reselling low-quality Chinese kits that everyone else buys, slapping their label on them like they made it themselves. They're not even manufacturers. Plus, their product only comes with a one-year warranty. What happens after that year? You're out of luck if something breaks. On our kits, we offer a lifetime warranty. If their product is so great, why is their warranty only one year?