C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Need help finding part names

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2023, 04:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes c300
Need help finding part names

Hi everyone,

Here is the issue: During heavy rainy season water managed to get inside my car due to the sunroof inner canals being clogged. When this happened, I was out of town for a month, and found out about it when I got back. When I returned the passenger side was filled with water and due to it sitting there for a while, it was moldy as well. I managed to remove close to 1.5 - 2 buckets of water from the passenger side, and the car was working fine until one day the instrument cluster stopped working completely. No lights, nor needles worked and the passenger seat motor stopped working as well ( the seat can move up and down, and incline forward and backward, but did not move forward and back ). The mechanic removed the entire carpet from both passenger and driver side, and found that there was water in the driver side as well, and said that a sensor and some cables were underwater. He asked me to get a replacement for a sensor module ( part A 005 542 1918 Q 01 ), which I found on Ebay as well as a seat motor. But he also mentioned that that some other cables and attachments were underwater, to what he referred as "instrument cluster ground cables". However, I am not able to find these anyway nor do I know if that's what they're really called.

Question 1: Does anyone know what these things are called? If so, how can I look them up to buy them with the correct code. There are two brown ones, and one big white one ( has green cables going inside )

there are 2 of these brown ones, and one large one. Apparently there is a chip inside them

Question 2: Has anyone every had this water issue? What other checks can be done to determine the functionality of the instrument cluster? I don't want to say I don't trust my mechanic, but at the same time just want to make sure I am buying the correct parts, as the sensor module is already $500.

Vehicle details:

2011, c300

Last edited by alico2011; 04-11-2023 at 04:40 AM.