C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Intake Air Temperature Sensor Location

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2023, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C250 CDI 2010 Diesel UK Manual
Intake Air Temperature Sensor Location

Hi guys,

I have a fault code P0097

'Intake Air Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit Low Bank 1' on my diesel C250 2010 Manual, I have a new part but don't know where the sensor is located, I am assuming I need to remove the ECU and get under to the airbox?

Typically, the fault occurred at the worst possible moment, just as we were leaving the UK to drive across France! Luckily the car kept going, it was a nail-biting trip, the dpf has become sooted up as a result. Now back in the UK I need to sort it out.

I've trawled the web and can't find what IU need to know, so if anyone can point me in the right direction to save me dismantling anything unnecessary, and disturbing other things that may raise other issues, that would be great.

Many thanks
Mark
Old 04-16-2023, 08:58 AM

Received 79 Likes on 78 Posts
W204 C220CDI 2011
Looking at my 651 there are two sensors on the circular pipe output from the air filter. The first looks like the MAF and the second is most likely the Temp Sensor.
If you have the part then just compare p/ns.
Old 04-16-2023, 01:41 PM

Thank you, sounds the same as mine, I think you're right that the first is the maf, but the second seems to be the map sensor, from what I can gather from googling, I took it out and it looks like it's measuring pressure.
I think I will have to concede defeat and get it booked in, I'll update the thread with the outcome.

Thank you again, I really appreciate your input, have a good day and best of luck with yours.
Old 07-03-2023, 05:22 PM

mercedes w205 220cdi
Originally Posted by Mark Peberdy
Thank you, sounds the same as mine, I think you're right that the first is the maf, but the second seems to be the map sensor, from what I can gather from googling, I took it out and it looks like it's measuring pressure.
I think I will have to concede defeat and get it booked in, I'll update the thread with the outcome.

Thank you again, I really appreciate your input, have a good day and best of luck with yours.

I'm having the same problem error in my W204 220cdi. I've replaced MAF, MAP, outside temperature sensor...next i'm going to replace the air sensor in the crankcase breather...
DId you solved your problem?
Thanks
Old 07-04-2023, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by talochha
I'm having the same problem error in my W204 220cdi. I've replaced MAF, MAP, outside temperature sensor...next i'm going to replace the air sensor in the crankcase breather...
DId you solved your problem?
Thanks
Hi there, no we gave up, I replaced the intake air temp sensor with a new genuine MB part and didn't clear the fault, suspected a wiring issue and we decided to move the car on, shame.

If it helps folks, the Mercedes C250 CDI S204 intake air temperature sensor is located through the left hand front wheel arch, just take the wheel off and you can see it, takes 2 mins. I googled this for hours - nothing came up, my mechanic figured it out, so here it is to help future head-scratchers!