C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

First time Mercedes-benz owner. Any suggestions on maintenance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2023 | 04:26 PM

2012 mercedes benz c350 coupe
First time Mercedes-benz owner. Any suggestions on maintenance

Hello I just joined this forum. I recently purchased a white 2012 w204 c350 coupe with a m276 engine with 104k miles. I bought it at a auction I haven't actually received the car yet but I was wondering if i could get some advice for things that should be done to the car mechanically with the current mileage. I plan to change the spark plugs and do a oil change also a friend told me I should change the transmission oil. Anything other then that before I actually start driving it. Also anyone know a good website or websites or maybe even links to the following I plan to put a carbon fiber wing, carbon fiber skirts and a carbon fiber diffuser I like the one that the c63 comes with so it's not to big like other ones ive seen so I'd like to be able to put that one on my car if possible. Also maybe some rim suggestions maybe some pics of someone with the same rims mentioned or with different ideas so i can choose what i like i forsure want black rims since the car is white. I was looking at the forge star f14 and cf5v and also the ones in the second picture that I don't know what they're called first pic is the car i bought.
. Also rim size suggestions. My bad for the long post kinda wanted to cover everything in one post I'm just really excited always wanted a benz wish it was a c63 but whatever any other suggestions or advice is much appreciated thank you
Old 05-10-2023 | 02:47 PM

2013 Mercedes GL350 Bluetec (X166) & 2019 Mercedes A220 (W177) & Retired 2008 Mercedes C300 (W204)
Congrats

I would suggest the following:
  • Oil/filter change
  • Transmission oil/filter change
  • Differential oil change (Front and Rear) - was not clear if it was AWD or RWD
  • Spark Plugs
  • PCV
  • Air Filter
  • Cabin filter
  • Check brakes and rotors when you get the vehicle and change accordingly.
  • Check serpentine belt, would recommend replacing along with pulleys and tensioner, especially if squealing.
Most of the above is fairly inexpensive if your doing the work yourself. It may be overkill, but that will ensure you've covered your basics on maintenance not knowing what the previous maintenance was.
The following users liked this post:
JCM_MB (05-10-2023)
Old 05-10-2023 | 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Mikey178
Congrats

I would suggest the following:
  • Oil/filter change
  • Transmission oil/filter change
  • Differential oil change (Front and Rear) - was not clear if it was AWD or RWD
  • Spark Plugs
  • PCV
  • Air Filter
  • Cabin filter
  • Check brakes and rotors when you get the vehicle and change accordingly.
  • Check serpentine belt, would recommend replacing along with pulleys and tensioner, especially if squealing.
Most of the above is fairly inexpensive if your doing the work yourself. It may be overkill, but that will ensure you've covered your basics on maintenance not knowing what the previous maintenance was.
I would take @Mikey178 advice in full PLUS:
1 - with your VIN number check if the M276 engine falls into the category that requires chain tensioner replacements, and/or check valve for the camshaft adjusters. M276 engines made in 2012 are usually in the range, but good to check; otherwise, you may end up requiring earlier camshaft adjusters. If you hear some rattling at start-up, the issue already started, and it should be dealt with promptly.
2 - Check the camshaft magnets and camshaft sensors for oil seeping into the harness. It is not a visible leak, and you must disconnect the harness and visually verify there is NO oil whatsoever in the connector. Oil from here can make it to the ECU, and the car will start with misfires and other ignition gremlins.
3 - Check the drainage points at both A-pillars to be certain they are not clogged; otherwise, water may enter the vehicle (if it has not already entered)
4 - Check for any signs of water/humidity under the carpets at the front (driver and passenger sides)

Until all the above recommendations are completed (all 4 apply to any MB with an M276 engine), I would not spend a penny on cosmetics for the car since if something of the above goes wrong you are going to need plenty of $$$$. ECU replacement due to oil harness in @2k+ , Camshaft adjusters @800+x4 (if all damaged) for starters. Once the car is clear of known issues, go ahead with the extras.