C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Swapping gauge clusters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2023, 06:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S204 C-Class
Swapping gauge clusters

Hello! I own a 2009 S204 C-Class, pre-facelift with a 2.2L OM646 diesel engine. I have been looking everywhere for an answer to my question but I never found anything conclusive.
My problem is with the standard, simple gauge cluster that I own (as seen in picture A). It feels really cheap and is the only part of the car that I really don't like, as it is really empty.
What I want to know, and haven't found an answer to, is if I can change it to the "floating pin" one (as seen in picture B), and what it would take to do it. I know cluster A comes with the 4-button steering wheel and cluster B comes with the 12-button steering wheel, and I am willing to change that as well, since it is necessary for complete functionality. If it's possible, how hard is it to swap? Does it take a lot of coding, do some features not work no matter what you do? Do connections fit, or does it need rewiring? If anyone tried this, I'd really like to know.
I also have the NTG4 navigation system with linguatronic feature, but I haven't found a way to access it without the steering wheel button specifically designed for it.
Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Standard (4-button steering wheel) cluster. Picture A

Upgraded (12-button steering wheel) cluster. Picture B