C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Replacing W204 cup holder clips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2023, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C350
Replacing W204 cup holder clips

Do I need to remove the top trim cover to put these in, or can I do it sliding it in and trying to pull it back into the retaining clips? Don't want to force it. Not going in at the moment.
Might have more room to work with them if trim cover is off and I can try and approach from more of a top angle, but can't tell.
Lots of trim removal videos, but nothing dealing with replacing the clips.

Old 05-02-2024, 07:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 GLK250
Sorry to bump an ancient thread. I had the same issue on mine, and was looking for 'how to' on fixing. Since this thread was open and asking, figured I'd give my answer at least.

I had decided to replace the trim at the same time, since it was starting to wear and look bad. It only made sense to attempt them both at the same time. The trim piece was insanely easy to get off-just pry up a bit at the front, it lifts up, and then it slides forward a bit at the back side where it's normally covered by the folding console flaps. I had the same concerns with getting the pins back in, so after trying a few methods I ended up with putting the finger in at an angle so that one side locked into the notch, and then did an 'up and over' maneuver to get the other side to seat. I did use a flathead screwdriver to go in from one of the access holes with the trim removed. From that hole I could push the second side of the finger into the notch. Then it just needed a little squeeze to push the final tabs into place, and back in business!

Though at this point I hope nobody has that issue. I paid $40 to get a single finger kit. Looks like it used to be $30 for all 4, and they are sold out everywhere. Good luck anyone else reading this!

Originally Posted by mrsnak
Do I need to remove the top trim cover to put these in, or can I do it sliding it in and trying to pull it back into the retaining clips? Don't want to force it. Not going in at the moment.
Might have more room to work with them if trim cover is off and I can try and approach from more of a top angle, but can't tell.
Lots of trim removal videos, but nothing dealing with replacing the clips.

Old 05-02-2024, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C350
I ended up doing pretty much the same thing. These were the photos I took of the process. I didn't need to remove the cup holder at all.

Bending the spring

You need a certain amount of spring tension, but too much will make it hard to stay in.

Screwdriver to snap it in
Old 05-02-2024, 10:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 GLK250
Yep, that's almost exactly how I did it-Just didn't stand it up straight before the screwdriver bit-good call on that!

And interestingly, it was the same one that needed replacing.
The following users liked this post:
mrsnak (05-03-2024)