C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

W204 Door speakers underpowered

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2023, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 c350 Sport
W204 Door speakers underpowered

Hello all,
about a year ago i got a drivers side door replacement and ever since then the audio has been weak and quiet compared to all other speakers. (i know i know i should have complained the day i got it back but im a college student and got it done while i was home for a break) It seems to affect BOTH door speakers being the tweeters by the window and the main bottom right of the door. the bass is really lacking. I have a hunch that maybe they just re-connected everything incorrectly as they dont sound "blown" per say (and I have a hard time thinking both door speakers somehow blew after a repair) . I have the Harmon Kardon package with logic 7. Anyone have any advice for fixing this? maybe its software, maybe its wiring and maybe the speakers are both somehow shot after a door replacement. I am more then happy to take off the door panels to inspect if anyone could point me in the right direction. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

EDIT:
Car also has gotten a new battery (was messed up before and still messed up after) Anything maybe i can do now with a fresh battery? I know MB loves to make us "program" different parts after we get new batteries

Last edited by Noble; 11-09-2023 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-09-2023, 06:42 PM

Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts
W212
Remove the door trim and inspect the bass speakers
See if there is any damage to the cones,
that the voice coil is not frozen in the magnet by pushing it gently with your fingers
that the voice coil is not open circuit, ie blown coil winding, by checking it with an ohm meter
Check also the balance controls and treble / bass etc in the setup
I posted recently on how to replace the HK Logic 7 speakers at a good price
but there is quite a bit of work involved
Old 11-09-2023, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 308 Likes on 264 Posts
W204 2010 C300 4matic Sport M272
Where did you get the door, was it new, did it have the same spec speakers? I think theres maybe 5 different speaker part #s for the front doors.

Have you played around with the balance and fader settings using the center console knob by the shifter?