C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Transfer case woes.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2023, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Transfer case woes.

Hello. My name is Joseph. After reading a few posts I felt that this was the best place to get some information. I've never had to open up a transfer case on a vehicle this new. The bearing is so bad that you can no longer drown it out with the radio. I'm worried about causing damage to the other parts of the unit at this point. I have limited tools and space to work honestly. I've got a very limited budget as well...I mean most of us are limited on funds these days, it's rough out here. I was hoping to get a general idea of cost from someone that has already done the repairs. Along with a general idea of the time it took. I'm fairly mechanically inclined and I'm positive that I can make it work. Is there a kit I can buy with all the parts I need? I know I will need a transmission service kit. The bearings and seals. And I think there is a one time use bolt I need. I apologize if this is something that's already been posted and I just didn't look hard enough, I just had to replace the main panel and sub panel in my friends house and the wiring in there is horrific, my brain may be a little fried. Thank you for your time and effort in advance for any assistance! I hope everyone reading has a great day or night!