C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Joyeauto NTG4.0 troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2024, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz C250 W204
Question Joyeauto NTG4.0 troubleshooting

Hello,

I'm encountering some issues with my JoyeAuto Android Auto/Carplay upgrade installation for NTG 4.0 (model WJME-3). While the basic functions work fine and I've been using it for almost half a year, there are some glitches I'd like to resolve.
  1. Whenever the key is turned from the 1st to the 2nd position, the entire media system restarts itself. The same occurs when the door is closed and engine is started. I've documented this behavior in a couple of videos, which you can view here:
    and
  2. The rear camera doesn't function when the system is in Android Auto mode (or JoyeAuto menu), but it works perfectly in the original MB menu. When I shift into reverse, the camera screen fails to appear in the new menu. I even attempted to disconnect the cable from the camera, and in the original MB menu, only a black screen appeared when I shifted into reverse. I have the manual transmission.
  3. I'd like the media system to automatically start in the Android Auto menu when it boots up. Are there any settings I can adjust to achieve this?
I'd greatly appreciate any assistance with these issues. I've tried reaching out to JoyeAuto via email and their website's chat feature, but unfortunately, I haven't received any helpful responses.

Cheers