C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Error codes P0455, B210D, U300e

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2024, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C300 4matic Sport
Error codes P0455, B210D, U300e

Hello all.

I've recently became the owner of a beautiful 2013 C300 4matic Sport. It drives like no other car I've owned before. I've always been a closet enthusiast, and this is my first adventure with a german car and a MB. I did my research before I made the decision. I have a local indy shop that would work on it for reasonable prices. I live 15 mins away from a high income area where they all drive the newest nicest cars, so they know their stuff at that shop. I also have a 3 year warranty through a third party, but it has a $250 deductible.

I'm getting these codes using a $30 bluetooth Obd2 scanner I got off Amazon that was recommended on another forum.

Anyways, so after digging around Google I discovered th P0455 has something to do with the gas cap or there is an issue with the purge control valve, or something fuel related? I've already got a replacement cap comming via Rock Auto next week. What else could I do to solve this? I've only gotten premium gas 3 times in it. I don't believe it's the original cap either, it has yellow writing on it and the tether is cut.

About B210D, what is this code? The only thing I could find on this was that the engine has high pressure, or it has something to do with the body, hence the B.

Does U300E have something to do to ABS module like I've found in my research or is it something more? What would be a fix for this?

I wanna see if either I can fix it myself, or if the Indy shop can, before I call up the warranty people. That's why I'm asking on here, the less money I gotta spend the better.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Old 03-30-2024, 08:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,632 Likes on 1,217 Posts
2015 SL400 (M276 Turbo), 2014 C350 Sport (M276 NA), 2004 SL500 (M113), 2004 Audi TT225 (BEA)
Congratulations on your acquisition. The vehicle service contract is probably a good idea, just read the fine print carefully. Your spending doesn't end with purchasing the car -- these cars are great and of good quality, but you do need to learn all you can about them and take good care of them. They are not Honda Civics! You need to be prepared to invest in your ownership of a Mercedes. Here are some tips:
  1. Get a real scanner, such as the LAUNCH Creader Elite 2.0 BENZ, usually around $150 on Amazon. It's compact enough to fit in your glove box or one of the cubbies in the trunk. I have one for each of my cars and consider them as important as a spare tire. If your car gets a CEL/MIL or goes into limp mode while you are away from home, you'll want to know why and whether it is safe to continue to drive. Sometimes a "perfect storm" of conditions will cause a fault that can be cleared never to return. Clearing a code can also return the car to normal operations. When you get a DTC, always check to see if it is Stored or Current.
  2. Get a copy of the Star Diagnostic System (SDS), more commonly referred to as XENTRY. The SDS is the shop diagnostic tool. It is comprised of a C4 Multiplexer with DoIP, a Windows laptop (used), and the XENTRY software package which is usually bundled with WIS (electronic shop manual), EPC (electronic parts catalog), and other utilities that are best left to experts. XENTRY is more than a scan tool. It will walk you through trouble-shooting steps to fix any problem by repair or replacement. Genuine used SDSs are expensive, but there are decent Chinese clones of the C4 Multiplexer and good copies of the software. Your best source for the software and what to get for hardware is BenzNinja (www.benzninja.com). He is a sponsor here and you'll see his posts promoting his services. There is a one-time fee to join the BenzNinja Club, but you will have lifetime remote support for any and all Mercedes you might own.
  3. Understand that Mercedes cars are temperamental when it comes to electronics. A failing battery (or batteries as some cars have two) will create lots of havoc. Therefore, if you don't drive your car often, get a CTEK battery tender. CTEK is the OEM manufacturer for Mercedes branded chargers.
  4. Get to know good sources of parts. Rock Auto is a good source. Also www.fcpeuro.com, www.autohausaz.com, www.pelicanparts.com, www.eeuroparts.com, www.rmeuropean.com, ecstuning.com, etc. FCPEuro is well known for its lifetime replacement policy -- buy a part from them; buy the replacement for it when it wears out from them; send the old part to them; get refunded. This includes motor oil, filters, brake pads, transmission kits, etc. Because of this, they are not always the cheapest at first, but become so over time for maintenance and wear items.
Within XENTRY:
P0455 indicates a fault with the oxygen sensor, bank 2, control unit. Instructions are to clear the code, start the engine, and if the code returns, replace the ECU. (Hope the code does not return.)
B210D indicates a low voltage.
U300E is a code associated with the anti-lock brakes.
All of these may be due to a bad or failing battery. Are they Stored or Current? Have you replaced or disconnected the battery?

Good luck.

Last edited by JettaRed; 03-30-2024 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-30-2024, 09:35 AM

2013 C300 4matic Sport
I am well aware that you don't stop spending money after buying the car, I'm prepared to spend the money on it, but if I can save some $$, that would be a bonus. I wanna learn this car inside and out, and fix as much as I can myself.'

Originally Posted by JettaRed
P0455 indicates a fault with the oxygen sensor, bank 2, control unit. Instructions are to clear the code, start the engine, and if the code returns, replace the ECU. (Hope the code does not return.)
B210D indicates a low voltage.
U300E is a code associated with the anti-lock brakes.
All of these may be due to a bad or failing battery. Are they Stored or Current? Have you replaced or disconnected the battery?

All the codes are current.
The dealership replaced the battery the week before I drove it home. They were cleaning it for me and discovered the battery was dead. Could they have given me bad battery?

Old 03-30-2024, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 SL400 (M276 Turbo), 2014 C350 Sport (M276 NA), 2004 SL500 (M113), 2004 Audi TT225 (BEA)
Originally Posted by Wizardington
I am well aware that you don't stop spending money after buying the car, I'm prepared to spend the money on it, but if I can save some $$, that would be a bonus. I wanna learn this car inside and out, and fix as much as I can myself.'

All the codes are current.
The dealership replaced the battery the week before I drove it home. They were cleaning it for me and discovered the battery was dead. Could they have given me bad battery?
Doubtful that they installed a bad battery. Where the codes present when they did that? Was there a CEL when you acquired the car? If the dealership replaced the battery, I would think that they would have scanned and cleared any codes that might have been caused. Did they say anything?

Please notice that P0455 shows up as an O2 issue in XENTRY, where P0455 identifies an EVAP leak when searching. I can't explain why, but I would examine both since the EVAP problem is probably cheaper to fix.
Old 03-30-2024, 10:20 AM

2013 C300 4matic Sport
There was no light on when I purchased it, It came on after I put gas in it the first time, and took a somewhat long drive. I got a new gas cap on the way, so hopefully that solves that.

If not, I'm going to be giving the warranty people a call if the light comes back on and if the ECU does need to be replaced.
Old 03-30-2024, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Did you buy it from a dealer or individual? It could have been an existing problem that doesn't trigger the CEL right away -- some faults do and some don't. Sounds like it happened after a longer drive and a couple of on and offs after you took delivery. Was the battery replaced at a Mercedes dealership? What warranty company did you go with?
Old 03-30-2024, 09:37 PM

2013 C300 4matic Sport
Originally Posted by JettaRed
Did you buy it from a dealer or individual? It could have been an existing problem that doesn't trigger the CEL right away -- some faults do and some don't. Sounds like it happened after a longer drive and a couple of on and offs after you took delivery. Was the battery replaced at a Mercedes dealership? What warranty company did you go with?
I bought the car through a used Euro Car Dealership that has very good reviews and comments, so they seemed trustworthy, and the salesman was very helpful. They said they would put in a new battery. The warranty company we went with is called Wheelz, and the salesman said they were a good company to work with.

It has 90k miles on it if that factors in to some degree. The car has an impressive maintenance history. Two previous owners, no accidents, no major issues, scheduled maintenance was done on time.

I also noticed my ECO mode only seems to work after I've driven around for minute or two. Would a bad/dead aux battery be the cause of the active codes?

On a side note, I haven't had a chance to clear the codes yet, because of work and my Bluetooth scanner wont clear them, car runs and drives no issues other wise,
However, I saw these as inactive codes when I got home from work today:
P2610(This is a concern, scanner says it has to with timing)
U01689 (Car alarm has no communication)

I'm planning on unplugging the main battery tomorrow to reset my CEL, and replace the gas cap.

Thanks for all the help so far!!!

Last edited by Wizardington; 03-30-2024 at 09:43 PM.
Old 03-30-2024, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I wouldn't worry about the ECO mode. As a matter of fact, you probably don't want to use it. The Start/Stop function has been shown to not be the best for engine internals. Also, my 2014 C350 was slow to activate it before I disabled it.

P2610 is not about engine timing, but rather engine on/off cycles. Google it if you haven't already.

Getting the right scanner is most important right now. You want to be able to clear codes, read freeze-frame data, etc. As I wrote above, the LAUNCH Creader Elite 2.0 BENZ is the scanner you want. Order now and you'll probably have it by Monday or Tuesday. Generic scanners are usually a waste of time and money.