C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Abs and traction control lights are on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-benz C300 2011 4matic sports
Abs and traction control lights are on

What should I do ? I replaced the front driver side ABS sensor . Should I replace the passenger front side sensor? Or should I take it to the shop??! I really don’t want to but I keep seeing other methods on how to fix it , but I’m not sure if it’s the right way . I don’t want to make it even more worse . I have a 2011 Mercedes C300 4matic sport

Last edited by Gkbrans; Yesterday at 12:04 PM.
Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C200 w204
You need to have a diagnostic carried out to identify the actual problem, otherwise you are just wasting time & money.
The following users liked this post:
JettaRed (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

Received 1,844 Likes on 1,369 Posts
2015 SL400 (M276 Turbo), 2014 C350 Sport (M276 NA), 2004 SL500 (M113), 2004 Audi TT225 (BEA)
Get a Mercedes-specific scanner.

Baby Scanner - Launch Creader Elite specific for MB - Bi-directional and more - MBWorld.org Forums
Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by bazzbazz
You need to have a diagnostic carried out to identify the actual problem, otherwise you are just wasting time & money.
yea I understand , which code scanner would you recommend ? Or do you recommend to take it to a shop?
Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 340 Posts
W204 2010 C300 4matic Sport M272
I recommend getting a Mercedes specific scanner just in general. Take it a shop as a last resort, especially if we are talking taking it to a Mercedes dealer at over $200/hr.

I'm always searching Amazon for deals and they have some on scanners. I see they have the Launch Creader 2.0 for $151, I think thats what others recommend.

I have a Foxwell NT530 with Mercedes software but im not really recommending it because I havent had the chance to try out anything else other than a $15 basic reader. I just had a check engine light on and the scanner was able to tell me it was an O2 sensor which I ended up replacing myself and saved alot of money. Only thing I dont like about the NT530 is its not touch screen, also isnt wifi so i have to download updates from my computer. The NT710 is the touch screen version but its over $250.

*I will say my experience with customer service from Foxwell was good. I had bought the scanner "used-like new" on Amazon for a very low price and when I received it I couldnt register it it my name, appears it really was used and someone already registered it. I emailed Foxwell on a Friday night about it and they responded Monday and reset it for me so I could register it. Seems like they did a factory reset on there end. They even followed up with me the next day asking if the problem was solved. Then after that I had downloaded there newest update and the auto vin detection wouldnt work, I had to enter the vin in myself. I emailed Foxwell about it and within a few days they linked me to a new software download and everything was working fine again.

Last edited by TimC300; Yesterday at 02:46 PM.
Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by TimC300
I recommend getting a Mercedes specific scanner just in general. Take it a shop as a last resort, especially if we are talking taking it to a Mercedes dealer at over $200/hr.

I'm always searching Amazon for deals and they have some on scanners. I see they have the Launch Creader 2.0 for $151, I think thats what others recommend.

I have a Foxwell NT530 with Mercedes software but im not really recommending it because I havent had the chance to try out anything else other than a $15 basic reader. I just had a check engine light on and the scanner was able to tell me it was an O2 sensor which I ended up replacing myself and saved alot of money. Only thing I dont like about the NT530 is its not touch screen, also isnt wifi so i have to download updates from my computer. The NT710 is the touch screen version but its over $250.

*I will say my experience with customer service from Foxwell was good. I had bought the scanner "used-like new" on Amazon for a very low price and when I received it I couldnt register it it my name, appears it really was used and someone already registered it. I emailed Foxwell on a Friday night about it and they responded Monday and reset it for me so I could register it. Seems like they did a factory reset on there end. They even followed up with me the next day asking if the problem was solved. Then after that I had downloaded there newest update and the auto vin detection wouldnt work, I had to enter the vin in myself. I emailed Foxwell about it and within a few days they linked me to a new software download and everything was working fine again.

THANK YOU!!! You really been a lot of help !! I will get this scanner and hopefully see what’s wrong with it. Also see if I just have to reset my ECU or whatever . Thank you again!! But what else can I do , if all fails . Seems like I would need a good scanner to even decide my next step , right?
Old Yesterday, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

In the photo it looks like the "Brake" light is on. is your parking brake on?

So you start the car and all those warning lights stay on?

Do you get any messages on the dash where the odometer is, if so what do they say? Or try going into Messages on the dash using the steering wheel buttons and check.

Have you done anything to the car recently before those warnings came on, or they just popped up out of the blue?

Old Yesterday, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Have you tried pushing the ESP button? Im assuming you have, just wondering.
Old Yesterday, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I was searching around for your issue and was coming up with the basic problems. mostly a faulty wheel speed sensor. Still need to scan the car to see if that is the issue, and if so which one it even is. Could be the rear.