C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Ordered new C class - which colour?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 AMG Line Premium Plus (W205)
Ordered new C class - which colour?!

Hi!

I've just placed my order (in the UK) for a new C-Class C220 hopefully arriving late June/July

Specs:
C220 Premium Plus AMG Line
- Diesel - 2,143 cc, 4 cylinder, 170 hp/125kW
- Mirror Package
- Parktronic with Active Park assist
- Interior lighting package
- High gloss black trim with aluminum door trims
- 19" Alloys
- Panoramic sun roof
- Keyless-go comfort package
- Burmeister surround system
- Ambient lighting
- Memory package
- COMMAND online system,
- Driving assistance package (blind spot assist, distronic plus, lane keeping asist, Pre-Safe)
- 360 Camera,
- Heads up display,

Options i didn't spec:
- Natural leather interior (It comes with Artico leather which is manmade, I didn't see the point in paying for natural leather especially since I want a black interior)
- Air-Balance package (I'm not paying £350 = about $600 for an air freshener lol)
- Airmatic agility package (this is the air suspension, I don't really need it, and prefer the more sporty/bumpy normal suspension)
- Active LED light system (The dealer seems to think this comes with the premium plus/amg packages I've chosen, although i'm sure it doesn't - in any case I don't need it).
- Privacy glass (see below)

I've been debating between obsidian black or white for the colour and I _think_ i've settled on white.

The dealer is telling me diamond white is the best option, but to me it looks like a creamy/pearly white, and I think I prefer a pure crisp white like Polar White.

What do you think? I'm torn because the diamond white will be a mercedes only colour, whereas the polar white may look a lot like other white cars on the road. At the same time I love the pure crisp white look or polar white.

Also if I do go for white, should I get privacy glass? I love the dark black contrast with the pure white paintwork, but I'm concerned it may look really odd with just the back windows tinted.

What do you think?

Any advice appreciated!
Old 05-15-2014, 09:05 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 C 180 AMG Sportline W205
I've owned two obisidian black metallic Mercedes cars in total 8 years.
I chose polar white this time around. The designo diamond white is a bit yellowish.
did you get to see the car in bright white?
I was at the dealer yesterday, and compared a polar white C class with a Cirrus white GLA. The white is so crispy white it hurts the eyes

AND YES you must go for the tinted windows to get the contrast.
Bit of a shame that we can't yet order the night package teased a few days back.

Here are som pictures from the dealership yesterday.
The GLA can be seen in the background, and i don't know if it is visible, but it is not as white as the C.
Ordered new C class - which colour?!-4e5a4974-618c-425a-89ab-b9dc64011b9b_zpszhtr0qbv.jpg

Ordered new C class - which colour?!-83c5f897-9eee-4180-89a7-e19eab9d260b_zpsvflvax6y.jpg
Old 05-15-2014, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by megaoctane
I chose polar white this time around. The designo diamond white is a bit yellowish.
I was at the dealer yesterday, and compared a polar white C class with a Cirrus white GLA. The white is so crispy white it hurts the eyes

Bit of a shame that we can't yet order the night package teased a few days back.

The GLA can be seen in the background, and i don't know if it is visible, but it is not as white as the C.
Thanks for the pics There's no demo W205 c-classes in the UK yet, but my dealer says he's getting one next week. I saw an AMG E i think in diamond white, and a current C in polar white, or the other way round - I don't rember now. I thought exactly the same thing. As soon as you put a pure white car next to diamond white it looks dirty/yellow.

Do the tinted windows look good though when the front sides are not tinted? Does it look strange from the side?

I only just read about the night package today and I might try to spec it if my car doesn't go into production before it's available. My dealer promised to call me as soon as he has a set production date and I have to finalise all my spec. My order only went through a few days ago and I'm number 3 out of 4 cars they have in their allocation for June/July. I expect it'll probably go into production before the night package is out though.

The other thing in the UK is the alloys are only available in titanium grey (silver), and you can't put any black into them. That makes me even more sad I can't get the night package!

Right now my order has Polar white and privacy glass, so unless I call and change it that's what i'll get
Attached Thumbnails Ordered new C class - which colour?!-screen-shot-2014-05-13-18.12.03.png  
Old 05-15-2014, 09:22 AM

we got the same tires in Norway as well.
The tinted glass may seem weird with only dark in the back, but a white car without tinted glass is not good resale value. Or else you might want to get the electric rollo in the back, and shades on the back doors...
Old 05-15-2014, 09:25 AM

we got the same tires in Norway as well.
The tinted glass may seem weird with only dark in the back, but a white car without tinted glass is not good resale value. Or else you might want to get the electric rollo in the back, and shades on the back doors...
Hmm ok I prefer the tinted glass better I think.

Also I just read about the 360 degree camera being cancelled on cars delivered in 2014 because of interference with the GPS. My dealer doesn't know anything about it tho. Have you heard anything about it in norway?

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/36...***-80975.html
Old 05-15-2014, 09:32 AM

No they didn't mention it to me. I got the simple rear view camera and not the 360. It's a bit overkill, but extremely nice to have of course
I heard another dealer telling me it was delayed, but that was before I placed the order and before the news broke on the internet.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:35 AM

No they didn't mention it to me. I got the simple rear view camera and not the 360. It's a bit overkill, but extremely nice to have of course
I heard another dealer telling me it was delayed, but that was before I placed the order and before the news broke on the internet.
Ahh, I hope it's just a rumour :/

I only passed my driving test a couple of months ago, and am currently driving an old VW golf that's in the family. I wanted the 360 degree camera to help me get use to such a 'big' car. I also don't want to curb my alloys right away :P

I know for experienced drivers the 360 is really overkill
Old 05-15-2014, 09:41 AM

I understand. Congrats on passing the driving test.
I am driving around in an old 1999 c class while I wait for the new C.
360 is overkill so is the automatic parking assist for a driver who is "one" with his/her car. You end up not using those functions, because you can do it faster and in one go.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C400
does anyone know when night package will be available in US? will it be available right away? im looking to order my C400 as soon as possible for an early build date. but i think im going to go with polar white, in which case ill want the night package.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300

Didn't realize you had two Obsidian. If this were your first MB, and knowing the W205 lines, would you pick Polar or Obsidian? I think they both look great! But I think you have some insight here owning the PW but having owned OB.