C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400
View Poll Results: Any problems with your new C-class W205 Mercedes Benz ?
Yes
63.49%
No
36.51%
Voters: 441. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2015, 06:22 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Specifications and General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

Mercedes Benz C-class W205 Problems Malfunction What Is Your Experience ?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.25 average.

Old 08-12-2015, 01:27 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 E300 Lux, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2015 Mercedes ML350 (wife's)
Originally Posted by megaoctane
It seems to be like the American built cars are having all the issues - why?

tesla cars delivered to Norway also has a lot of the same issues today as day one, with water leaking in rear taillights, and system failure, and panorama issues.

Bad machine work or lazy workers?
I guess you really haven't read this thread. On page 18 alone, about 75% of the issues are with cars overseas.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:00 PM

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
2020 GLC43
Originally Posted by BlackjackM
I guess you really haven't read this thread. On page 18 alone, about 75% of the issues are with cars overseas.
Year 1 world wide launch, multiple facilities. Everyone is beta testing it.

Most European models, especially with new engines, usually don't get everything sorted out until production year 3.

It's just something you have to deal with to be first on the block to have one. I have gone thru tons of HPFP on 335s and at least 2 thermostats and a new engine on S4 and stranded at least twice. You don't buy Europeans because they are reliable transportation.

Heck, go ask all the SQ5 and Macan owners who live in cold weather. All 2015 model year has defective steering column and you lose steering randomly when weather is near or under -30c.

One thing I know owning European the last 12 years is that flat bed truck driver and I are on first name basis.

Last edited by Xtrema; 08-12-2015 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300
Same here

[QUOTE=robbroy;6257374]
Originally Posted by jbbeauso
I'm experiencing a new problem. This problem has happened 2 times over the past month. I would approach my car with the key on me and try to open the door like I normally would with keyless go, only the door doesn't open. Same thing when trying the other door handles. Then I took out my key and tried using the remote unlock....didn't work either. In fact, none of the key functions worked and I was locked out of the car. This is pretty embarrassing and frustrating. After a minute of no luck, I am about to try opening the car with the mechanical key (which i'm told will set off the alarm system), all of a sudden the key works again like normal. Has anyone else experienced this? I imagine it will difficult for the dealer to troubleshoot this problem when it happens so infrequently.....[/QUOTE
I have same problem right now.
It's so annoying. It's my third times.
So i called roadside just minutes ago.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:10 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C43 Sedan and 2018 E300 Sedan. 2015 S550 gone.
Happened to me also

Take the keyless go button out of the ignition and start the car with the key. Turn it off and try the keyless go function again. Should work. It did for me.

Originally Posted by robbroy

I have same problem right now.
It's so annoying. It's my third times.
So i called roadside just minutes ago.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Originally Posted by Vallie123
Take the keyless go button out of the ignition and start the car with the key. Turn it off and try the keyless go function again. Should work. It did for me.
The problem is often that you can't get into the car, because the fob isn't being recognized. I had this issue with my first C300, my C300 Luxury loaner, and my new c300 Sport. Fortunately, there is now a real fix.

MB has recently released a Keyless Go software update which specifically addresses the communication failure between the fobs and the car. I had mine done by my dealer nearly five weeks ago and have experienced no further issues at all. If you are having any Keyless Go issues, tell your dealer to do the update for you.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:47 AM

Mercedes C class
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
I seem to recall this being normal and related to repeated locking and unlocking. Something about power saving and only the lights used commonly being on every time. My BMW does it if I unlock and re lock several times. The DRL no longer light nor does ambient work, just the main dome lights.

Does this happen every time or just on multiple opening and closing of the car?
My local dealer has diagnosed the problem. Apparently the top front panel (controlling the interior lighting system) has failed. We've ordered a new one.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:31 AM

W205 C250 BlueTEC Avantgarde
Originally Posted by StevenKaplan
I also have a C250BT and I have also experienced this "so called turbo lag".
It happens when the car is hot and in busy traffic / intersections. I get the burning smell too.
The Merc service centre I went to told me a "software ugrade" was needed. I find that hard to believe.

Please let me know if you do manage to get it resolved. Hopefully it is a common problem and the Merc service centres will know what to do eventually.
As a quick report back on the "so called turbo lag".
The Merc service centre did the "software upgrade" and I must say the problem seems to have been sorted.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:01 AM

2015 W205 C300 4matic
Sigh

Well i have had issues with the car in the 6 weeks ive owned it. NOT what i was expecting when buying a new Benz.

1. Command system locked up most of the time.
2. Transmission couldn't decide which gear to switch into, on an intersection.
3. And today the passenger side door panned decided to pop out and will not go back flush against the door.

So every two weeks it seems like im having to make the hour drive to the dealership to get something worked on. And its now a running joke at my job of "whats broke on your Benz this week." Needless to say i'm not very happy at the moment.
Attached Thumbnails Mercedes Benz C-class W205 Problems Malfunction What Is Your Experience ?-5.jpg   Mercedes Benz C-class W205 Problems Malfunction What Is Your Experience ?-4.jpg  
Old 09-04-2015, 01:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C300
Originally Posted by Crimson110
Well i have had issues with the car in the 6 weeks ive owned it. NOT what i was expecting when buying a new Benz.

1. Command system locked up most of the time.
2. Transmission couldn't decide which gear to switch into, on an intersection.
3. And today the passenger side door panned decided to pop out and will not go back flush against the door.

So every two weeks it seems like im having to make the hour drive to the dealership to get something worked on. And its now a running joke at my job of "whats broke on your Benz this week." Needless to say i'm not very happy at the moment.
Had my car for less than 2 weeks and there are a handful of issues. I also felt my door wood piece area felt soft and could easily be pushed in as I press any of the seat memory buttons or heated/ventilated seats buttons.

6 more weeks and maybe they'll be asking "what's left on your new Benz that's not broke"

This W205 is making my W204 look like the most perfectly engineered car. Though I will say the W205 is a major improvement when things are working.

Last edited by jakc; 09-04-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes C300, Mercedes E63, Mercedes ML350
Smart key hands free simply doesn't work.
Trunk can't open doors can't open
My eps light went off
Car lost power going from 80mph to 10mph
Collision inoperative car hit limbo can't move
This was fixed 3 times already and is reoccurring
I spoke to MB regional rep about buy back program for this lemon
And he stated after 5 days of thinking they will have to respectfully decline my request
Will file lemon claim
Otherwise I love this car and I have c63 and ml350 no issues
Oh and collision assist goes off all the time randomly
Old 09-15-2015, 10:44 AM

2015 W205 C300 4matic
Angry

Originally Posted by jakc
Had my car for less than 2 weeks and there are a handful of issues. I also felt my door wood piece area felt soft and could easily be pushed in as I press any of the seat memory buttons or heated/ventilated seats buttons.

6 more weeks and maybe they'll be asking "what's left on your new Benz that's not broke"

This W205 is making my W204 look like the most perfectly engineered car. Though I will say the W205 is a major improvement when things are working.
Sad but true. I had another issue with the transmission failing to shift while turning. A F250 had to swerve into another lane to avoid tboning the side of my car. Took it BACK in. They have had it a week now. And of course cannot make the flaw reoccur. I have called MB corporate and complained that i do not feel safe in the car and no way i would put my 18month old in the back. And i was told that nothing could be done. Pretty upset by all this from a now 7 week old purchase.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:19 AM

Mercedes C200 Saloon W205
On mine W205 C class 2014. Having a problem with touch pad,it doesnt responding. Only response,after rebooting. Also,weird sound comes from somewhere near the engine,after switching the engine off. Weird sound last for about 40 sec.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:19 AM

2015 C300 sport 4Matic
C300 4Matic Issues so far

I've had mine for 4 months and here are the current issues I have:
- I heard rattling and clicking noise from the engine upon start up in the morning. (I had the radio off when I heard it, if I had the radio on I probably wouldn't have noticed it).
- Wind noise coming from the driver's side when speed goes above 40MPH

I took it to a dealer and this is what they've found:
- Verified by their shop foreman that it is more likely caused by Piston Wrist Pins and would need to tear down the engine to identify the source. Parts were ordered though for the Piston Wrist Pins and I will need to go back once the parts are on hand.
- As for the wind noise, they found mounting clips for the drip rail not secured properly causing wind noises coming in to the compartment. It improved significantly but I still hear wind noise when my speed is above 60MPH (my daughter tells me I'm imagining it).

I had a loaner when the car was being looked at the problems, it was a C300 4Matic as well and you can definitely tell the difference. BTW, once the parts do arrive the minimum time my car will be at the shop will be 1 week and it might be longer if they find any other issues.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Adrejs
On mine W205 C class 2014. Having a problem with touch pad,it doesnt responding. Only response,after rebooting. Also,weird sound comes from somewhere near the engine,after switching the engine off. Weird sound last for about 40 sec.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg9RVVyQFuI
Took it to main dealer in Poole. After 3 days of cheking the car,the tecnicians couldnt locate the problem. ((((( The car is still under the warranty. So,what should i do?
Old 10-26-2015, 08:14 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
benzw205
Any update ?

Originally Posted by Adrejs
Took it to main dealer in Poole. After 3 days of cheking the car,the tecnicians couldnt locate the problem. ((((( The car is still under the warranty. So,what should i do?

Any update ?
Old 10-27-2015, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by benzw205
Any update ?
Yep,got reply from them. Saying,they managed to find where the noise come from. And also,they dont know,how to fix this unusual issue. They did sent all info to MB head office,to get support from them. So,since last thursday,they didnt get back to me.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:09 AM

2015 W205 C300 4matic

Well i had some bad luck in my C300. Come into a curve and a semi was also coming around it, but was fully in my lane. Had to swerve off the road to miss hitting him head on. Happened to be a light post there to meet me when i did.
Funny thing is that no air bags released from a head on collision with a light pole at over 45mph. So this will be the 3rd time since ive had the vehicle that either safety equipment didnt work, or that it has almost gotten me into an accident. 4 months time of ownership.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C400
My apologies if someone has mentioned this already but I dont have time to read through all the posts so don't yell at me! haha

Issue I'm having is that when ever i start up the engine cold, and blast the heat..Nothing comes out of my vents and I hear a whining noise for about 10 minutes and then it will come on. My way around this so far is turning on the defroster first, wait a few minutes and then switch it back.

Anyone having this?
Old 10-29-2015, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by Crimson110

Well i had some bad luck in my C300. Come into a curve and a semi was also coming around it, but was fully in my lane. Had to swerve off the road to miss hitting him head on. Happened to be a light post there to meet me when i did.
Funny thing is that no air bags released from a head on collision with a light pole at over 45mph. So this will be the 3rd time since ive had the vehicle that either safety equipment didnt work, or that it has almost gotten me into an accident. 4 months time of ownership.
Man, that just sucks. I hope there was something you could do to get the trucker in trouble? Did he even stop? My guess would be no.

At least you're OK, but your airbags should have certainly deployed on the drivers side. So that's something you need to definitely let MB know.

Again, so sorry to see that. The good news is a good body shop will make the scars go away and you'll never be able to tell anything bad happened.

Take care........
Old 10-29-2015, 01:28 PM

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
C300 4Matic Tenorite Grey
Unfortunately the crash history will always follow the car and affect its value. Best thing you can hope for is the insurance company will write it off but I'm not sure it qualifies for that.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:39 AM

2015 W205 C300 4matic
Hopefully it will just be written off. ive driven a few cars after hard hits in the front end and they seemed to always have problems and were never quite right after that. Will find out today.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C200 Sport Premium Plus. October 2018. 1497cc with 48 volt battery eq
Door handle LEDs. My two front LEDs failed shortly after picking up car from the dealers why back in August 2014, decided to wait until first service this August for fix. When I picked up car from service they told me front two fixed but the rear doors had failed so new handles on order, when I checked a couple of nights later front passenger still out and rear drivers out also on rear drivers the keyless entry did not work plus the handle was slightly loose. It took nearly a month for new handles to arrive booked car in explaining current situation, picked up car later and all fixed. Looks like first time I took car in they tried to swop over the LEDs from rear to front but totally messed up the rear handle.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:40 PM

CLA-250, C-300
Airmatic suspension felt like the car was going to fall apart, I had to drive slow and was paranoid about the wheels coming off. Taking to dealer, read relay could be an issue.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2015MB C300 4matic, Lexus NX
oh no. hopefully you weren't far from a MB dealer. What did they say?
Old 11-20-2015, 09:15 PM

CLA-250, C-300
Originally Posted by alkam2
oh no. hopefully you weren't far from a MB dealer. What did they say?
I had it towed to Pleasanton, I am picking it up tomorrow, did not get a chance to speak to my advisor, I will fin out tomorrow 8 a.m.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.25 average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes Benz C-class W205 Problems Malfunction What Is Your Experience ?