C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400
View Poll Results: Any problems with your new C-class W205 Mercedes Benz ?
Yes
63.49%
No
36.51%
Voters: 441. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2015, 06:22 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Specifications and General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

Mercedes Benz C-class W205 Problems Malfunction What Is Your Experience ?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.25 average.

Old 07-28-2014, 11:43 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
benzw205
Mercedes Benz C-class W205 Problems Malfunction What Is Your Experience ?

Hello,

As this car is new I am interested to know what kind of problems early buyers have and how these ptoblems are fixed by Mercedes Benz. The C-class W205 being new problems also are.

I Hope it is okay to keep a list here to make it easier for people looking for this in Google.

Thank you to add your experience to this post.

What I have found:

CD PLAYER PROBLEM:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...mand-w205.html

IP RADIO, ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...xperience.html

TOUCHPAD PROBLEM:

Last edited by benzw205; 07-28-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C180
The video of touchpad is my video for my car
It is replaced now.

I got a CD drive problem few days ago. Does anyone complained about that before? Any link?
Old 08-26-2014, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 AMG Saloon 2014 Premium Plus Bluetec
Engine Management Light

The first time this showed up was after I had the tracker fitted. I thought it had been completely resolved but apparently not the case.

The other day, driving on the motorway from Birmingham to London (UK), the EML light came on. I think I know why this is - I was driving at a constant speed (without cruise control as it was at about 1000 miles in mileage) for too long. I didn't experience a lag in performance as I did the first time (when it was the tracker causing issues) but it is annoying to see it on the dash, signifying something is wrong (or nothing at all if it is just a fault code that needs to be cleared). The earliest they'll see me is Friday.

On the plus side, I have found their customer service to be impeccable. Although it's inconvenient for me to wait a few days, the car is still driveable and still have the peace of mind that complimentary Roadside Assistance is just a call way. They reacted very fast when I experienced the tracker/ EML/ electrics/ CPA issue - all linked to one problem, which they fixed within 48 hours.

Other than that, no other issues.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:10 PM

W205 C220 2014 AMG line
Just to add I have a W205 AMG Line which I bought 3 weeks ago and today it was driving quite heavy and in low gears. Then the EML came on and stayed on.
Mercedes was less than helpful and they said they are busy and cannot see me. I said I have a holiday booked and I plan on driving. They said just pop in tomorrow and see if we could help you.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:39 PM

C220 AMG Saloon 2014 Premium Plus Bluetec
Originally Posted by mike1024
Just to add I have a W205 AMG Line which I bought 3 weeks ago and today it was driving quite heavy and in low gears. Then the EML came on and stayed on.
Mercedes was less than helpful and they said they are busy and cannot see me. I said I have a holiday booked and I plan on driving. They said just pop in tomorrow and see if we could help you.
Apparently it is a known problem and the guy I spoke to said they would update the software (??) as there has been an update released. Anyway, they had the car for a few hours and got rid of the problem. They could only test it for a mile and asked me to bring it back so they could keep it for 2 days to fully test and ensure the problem has gone. Since I picked it up from the service centre, I have done 20 miles on a mix of roads in Comfort and Sport+. The problem has not occurred again.

I'm surprised at their reluctance to help you. I took it to Stratford After-sales Centre in East London. Despite a 2 week wait for the diagnostics engineer, because it has now happened twice, they took my car in at 2 days notice. They even have a shuttle service to take me to the nearest station to get home and picked me up again from the local station. I did kick up a fuss, politely, with their head office letting them know that my perception of buying a Mercedes-Benz was that I was paying a premium partly for the after-sales service and a new car from any manufacturer simply shouldn't have these problems.

Hope they're able to sort yours out soon. Check and see if there are any dedicated after-sales centres near you.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:27 PM

benzw205
Thanks for update. Hope it will be fine soon.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:23 AM

W212 E220 BlueTec
I am just facing the same type of issue with my Car a W212 E Class 220 Bluetec 2014

My car is only 200Km and I get this EML light and a message concerning the AdBlue.

It seems that the AdBlue is there and they have difficulty to find the real issue.
In fact they just have reset the error and give my car back!

I drove only a few Km back I get this message back!!

It's a pity my car is running fine just this **** of AdBlue to reduce CO2 emission that doesn't seems to work properly. The major issue is that this is taking time to solve it!!!

Any ideas that I would be able to suggest to them they look a but lost with this technology.

This is my 4th Mercedes but the first time that I have so much issue with!

The best Or nothing!!! not sure that this is a good marketing image.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:11 AM

C180
New update for my issues

MB informed me that they order a CD unit replacement for my Car. Sounds good and waiting for delivery.

My touchpad which replaced 1 1/2 month ago, stopped responding today morning!! After 1 hour parking the car it worked again normally!!!

This support the feedback from MB to the other 4 cars that it is a software update and waiting for updating it to their cars. This was the last reply from MB last week. I believe if this works for them, then i will ask for update also.
The following users liked this post:
Lacoupe (05-30-2016)
Old 09-21-2014, 03:18 PM

W202
Originally Posted by khaleds
The video of touchpad is my video for my car
It is replaced now.

I got a CD drive problem few days ago. Does anyone complained about that before? Any link?
almost similar case got for me too .customer complait is CD not working, but checking function found ok. Event fault in power train control unit , communication with comand. found new software need advise for how to update the software w205 comand and audio20
Old 09-24-2014, 03:46 AM

W205
I had a message from my car dealer. They are expecting the update in the next 2 weeks. Replacement isn't the solution, so they had told me when we first discovered the CD problems.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:02 PM

W205 C300
Just picked up a new C300. Car is an absolute beast but I'm having an issue with the USB port. Port 1 and the SD slot work fine, but I can't get USB Port 2 to work at all. Is there some sort of trick to activating the second port or is it just broken?
Old 10-01-2014, 11:37 PM

W205 C250 Sedan AMG Line
On day 2 car switched to Transport Mode, Speed limited to 40km/h, rear doors locked, most of dash blank. Dealer did something to the computer, now all good. Said it was something that should have been set after shipping.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:32 AM

benzw205
Has anybody bornt a CD or DD with MP3 files ? I tried and none worked on mine...
Old 10-02-2014, 11:48 AM

2015 C400 loaded
Had my only issue so far. I have the COmand system and while driving to Philly this weekend i went under a slight bridge and missed my exit, not paying attention. When I came back out it kind of froze up couldn't reroute, I couldn't cancel it either as it was kind of stuck. Took a while for it to go back to normal, by then we had found it by google in my phone.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:47 AM

benzw205
What about the bip when a car or motorbike comes to close to you, is it most of the time wrong for you ? Mine often bips when something passed but is already far !
The following users liked this post:
emr61 (09-21-2019)
Old 10-18-2014, 08:19 PM

2015 C400 4matic W205
Dead touch pad after 4 days of use

Wow! Not a good sign. My touch pad is stuck in the pressed position and the touch pad is non responsive to touch. I can't help but think they will replace it with one that will last 2 weeks. Now I know why they kept the scroll wheel. Maybe I should opt for the extended warranty after all!
Old 10-18-2014, 08:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 CLA 250 4Matic Black
Originally Posted by jbbeauso
Wow! Not a good sign. My touch pad is stuck in the pressed position and the touch pad is non responsive to touch. I can't help but think they will replace it with one that will last 2 weeks. Now I know why they kept the scroll wheel. Maybe I should opt for the extended warranty after all!
That's sucks or stucks
I had test drove both a C300 and C400 and both touchpads were not working. I assumed it was due to software failure.

jbbeauso I would try using a small suction cup to see if you can raise it back up. Its the weekend and no service until Monday
Old 10-18-2014, 08:46 PM

2015 C400 4matic W205
Originally Posted by Leslielp
That's sucks or stucks
I had test drove both a C300 and C400 and both touchpads were not working. I assumed it was due to software failure.

jbbeauso I would try using a small suction cup to see if you can raise it back up. Its the weekend and no service until Monday
I thought about trying to fix it but it would likely be only a temporary fix, and not something I should have to do after spending the kind of money that I did. Plus I want them to see the problem themselves when I bring it in.... I'm Stuck with the scroll wheel for now...
Old 10-19-2014, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Just approaching the 1,000 km mark and have not had a single problem yet. CD player works great, touch pad hasn't malfunctioned at all, and the 4 cylinder engine is feeling and sounding better all the time. I have an early VIN ... under 3,000 ... in a US built car, but have had no issues to complain about yet.

Of course saying I've had 750 trouble free miles doesn't really mean much. If the first year of ownership continues like this, I'll be very happy.

UPDATE: Car has now been in for the steering column recall (no issues), the 18" tire recall (two new tires ordered), a minor alignment issue (re-aligned by dealer), and will have to go back to have the fuel filler door replaced (to replace a poorly aligned one.) Nothing major, but more little nuisance issues than I expected.

Last edited by StanNH; 11-13-2014 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:48 PM

2015 C400 loaded
So far so good here. 1600 miles no problems yet. Other than the Internet radio doesn't work but I don't care as I wouldn't use it anyway.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:47 AM

c class w205
C220 w205 in UK Audio 20 problems

Hi, had my C220 about six weeks, on the day I collected it the complete Audio 20
system froze up simply nothing would work!
went directly back to the dealers where the salesman held down the "on" button
until it re booted, i noticed that when i had the balance set off centre the bass would decrease progressively until with the balance fully over to the left there is no low frequency at all unlike the right side which kept its low frequency content when fully over, so sound quality is disappointing compared to the w204 I traded I tried w205 c250 in the showroom its audio 20 behaved normally i.e. bass correct on left and right!
Car went into the dealers they agreed this was not right but no error codes were found!
they tried another W205 c220 that was in for service and this showed the same balance problem as mine?
Last week it lost al external inputs SD card and both USBs showed as not present (came back after engine restart) So back to the dealers, the workshop technician remembered he had seen a notice from MB that they are aware of the problem and are working on an update, I do hope it address the BASS problem!

Paul
Does anybody have the button combination for getting into the W205 engineering menu yet?
Old 10-21-2014, 03:44 PM

C220 Bluetec W205
Hi All

My new C220 AMG Line manual (yes manual!) was delivered on September 16. So what problems have I experienced:
- Start/Stop stopped working at 660 miles. Car tried to restart at traffic lights but gave up with all the dash lights on. Restarted ok but now it just doesn't operate. Start/Stop comes on amber for about 1 minutes after restarting then goes off and stays off.
- Annoying creaking from dashboard which comes and goes.
- Tonight the display failed with vertical lines. Eventually reset and seems okay now

All in all not what I expect from my first Mercedes. A trip go the dealers as soon as I can arrange. Will report on outcome.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:09 AM

W205
more problems and finaly the software update

Finally, I just got my car back from the dealer where it got the software update. I'm glad because the last day's I got more and more software problems:
* My navigation screen got stuck, and the other day it was working fine again.
* Park assist spotted parking space, when there was absolut no space to park the car.
* Telephone connection was working real slow

For now the software update seems to be working fine. If otherwise I keep you informed
Old 10-24-2014, 11:45 AM

c class w205
Originally Posted by Hans H
Finally, I just got my car back from the dealer where it got the software update. I'm glad because the last day's I got more and more software problems:
* My navigation screen got stuck, and the other day it was working fine again.
* Park assist spotted parking space, when there was absolut no space to park the car.
* Telephone connection was working real slow

For now the software update seems to be working fine. If otherwise I keep you informed
Hi thanks for the heads up about the update! Can you confirm which country you reside?
Paul
Old 10-24-2014, 02:52 PM

W205
I live in the Netherlands and my car is manufactured in Germany.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.25 average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes Benz C-class W205 Problems Malfunction What Is Your Experience ?