C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Louvered grill with luxury package?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w205 4matic lux trim
Originally Posted by diamondsilver16
You don't need to remove them. The power connector for the Airpanel is located at the bottom center behind the grill; easily accessible from under the hood.

Just unplug the connector when the grill is in the desired position, either open or closed, and it will stay that way permanently. Disconnecting it will not activate the CEL ('check engine' light) or affect any other functionality of the vehicle.

I put one of those reindeer noses on the front of my car for the holidays, so I disconnected mine in the open position to prevent the wire ties from the nose interfering with the shutters. Been driving it that way for 1.5 months and it has been perfectly fine.

Just be sure to cover the end of the unplugged connector with (electrical) tape so that it doesn't corrode in case you want to reconnect it again at some point in the future.
Hello,
I am trying to disconnect the plug in connector for the airflow panel but i am having some difficulties. I do not want to break anything so can you please give me some advice on how to properly remove it? thanks
Old 03-17-2022, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Before and After

Originally Posted by QuincyG
Thanks for taking the time to respond! That makes me feel much better! I've been looking for information about this for most of the week lol

just wanted to come on here and say I ordered the grille from Ali Express. With shipping from China I think it came out to $275 and it looks beautiful. I wasn’t a fan of the luxury grille so I unplugged the air panel cord and drove it around for 2 weeks to see if it would throw any warnings or check engine lights and it didn’t so I went ahead and switched it out. Super easy just unscrew the top 5 and then kinda play around with getting all the clips off using a flathead to push down on the bottom ones. I attached the link below for anyone who comes across this thread and wants to change it out

US $121.60 5% Off | GOLFLIATH For Mercedes Benz C-class W205 diamond style ABS silver black grille grill for C180 C200 C250 C300 Classic model
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLd68wy
Old 03-18-2022, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 792 Likes on 536 Posts
2018 AMG E43
Nice job at a great price! The grille looks awesome.

Just my opinion, the black surround looks a bit odd to me. If you like it, cool, rock on.

If not, I'm sure a vinyl wrap shop could vinyl it white for not much $.