C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Best color for class 2015

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 C 350 2014 GLK350
I have given it a lot of thought and believe that Iridium Silver is the best choice for me. I have Diamond Silver, on the GLK, since it was primarily for my wife and she likes blue. Diamond Silver looks fine on the GLK but I don't believe it will be a good choice for the C sedan.

I have had five Iridium Silver MB's and find the color ok. It has a slight blue tinge that I don't especially like but overall it looks good in the C. I believe that smaller cars look good in lighter colors so white is also a very good option. I have had three cars in white and liked every one of them. I just don't like white in large cars like the S Class. White would be my second choice.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C400 4matic W205
Originally Posted by spill6
That is so weird to read. It's pretty much the same journey I've been through. I also live in TO and it won me over at the Auto Show. Macan was nice too . I really wanted Diamond Silver but that baby blue hue is way too blueish in overcast. Saw an ML this morning in Diamond Silver and same impression. Not a bad colour at all, but just not 'me'.

Question to you is, why did you choose Silver over Polar White? I'm down to those two and the blacks (so 4 I guess). I have a deal done and right now I'm on Silver but I have until tomorrow to lock in the config. I'll be hitting a couple of dealers in the morning to do another round of colour analysis

Black looks soo nice clean, and having a glass roof means one large area less to wax after a wash. Contrast to show the pano roof is nice, but I would also be ok with a sleeper car when it is more a 'wow' when people get in. Love the pano roof just for the brightness / openness / light.

Do you have your car yet? Did you tint it? Tint is a must have...I think I'm going Pinnacle F1 30% all around. Could consider the 15% on the rear window (not rear sides).
So the long answer is.....I choose Iridium silver over polar white because in my opinon it hides dirt and winter slush better, its more timeless, and classy. The white that i really liked was the diamond white. But my wife for example didn't "see" the difference which was a downer for me. The polar sorry to say reminds me of an old refrigerator sometimes and when dirty its horrible to look at. It can be made to look nice when clean with window tints, black/chrome accents like the pano roof which pops like crazy on white and the front lip on the AMG line. But I wonder if white is a bit of a fad now. Its been pointed out before, it seems like EVERYONE is getting white for the W205. I remember not too long ago white was a colour that was frowned upon for looking inexpensive (in some circles).... Either way Iridium silver was my play it safe choice.

No I haven't received my order yet. I have decided on the Formula One Pinnacle (ceramic) tint but i'm not sure about the darkness. Either 40% all around or 30 in the rear and back, and 40 in the front.

Last edited by jbbeauso; 09-17-2014 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:55 PM

2015 C400 4matic W205
Originally Posted by MB-JIM
I have given it a lot of thought and believe that Iridium Silver is the best choice for me. I have Diamond Silver, on the GLK, since it was primarily for my wife and she likes blue. Diamond Silver looks fine on the GLK but I don't believe it will be a good choice for the C sedan.

I have had five Iridium Silver MB's and find the color ok. It has a slight blue tinge that I don't especially like but overall it looks good in the C. I believe that smaller cars look good in lighter colors so white is also a very good option. I have had three cars in white and liked every one of them. I just don't like white in large cars like the S Class. White would be my second choice.
I wouldn't generally consider myself to be insecure. But when I thought I wanted diamond silver, and someone said it looked like a chick colour... I ended up changing my order. Sad but true....Someone on another forum had said that diamond silver was a "beautiful" colour. Someone then responded that they aren't going for beautiful, they are going for sick/wicked/etc...if that makes any sense.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:43 PM

C300
Originally Posted by jbbeauso
I wouldn't generally consider myself to be insecure. But when I thought I wanted diamond silver, and someone said it looked like a chick colour... I ended up changing my order. Sad but true....Someone on another forum had said that diamond silver was a "beautiful" colour. Someone then responded that they aren't going for beautiful, they are going for sick/wicked/etc...if that makes any sense.
Beautiful yes. I think it's a great colour for a woman, and I think white is another great colour for a woman, on this car.

Sick/wicked to me = black on black. Is that what they ended up with?
Old 09-17-2014, 11:45 PM

C300
Originally Posted by MB-JIM

I really like that slight blue tinge....it's ever so slight. I really with they made a darker silver like the new Lexus platinum? silver. Too many times I wondered if the car was diamond silver when I saw that blue tinge. Now I'm pretty sure most of them sure Iridium just catching the sun the right way.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:49 PM

C300
Originally Posted by jbbeauso
I have decided on the Formula One Pinnacle (ceramic) tint but i'm not sure about the darkness. Either 40% all around or 30 in the rear and back, and 40 in the front.
I have pinnacle f1 ceramic 35% on my current sedan, and it is for sure too light. On the C300, for sure I'd go same % on the side windows to keep it uniform. 35% is definitely not dark at all. And with a pano roof it's going to be even lighter from the outside.

I'd highly recommend 35% front/rear vs 40 all around or 40/30 front/rear if you do want it lighter in the front. Uniform is definitely better.

I think whatever colour I end up with I will go 30% front/rear sides and TBD on the back. Does the car in Canada come with any factory tint?
Old 09-18-2014, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
Well then that Sales Rep wasn't very knowledgeable. Diamond Silver has been around a long time...2001 ...2003? But dealers don't order / stock cars in that colour as it a colour either people love, or don't like at all.

I was surprised Mississauga MB had a W205 Diamond Silver in stock and in the lot, outside, and I went to look at it in 3 different lighting environments - sunny, dusk, overcast.

Nope, Diamond Silver came 2013.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:38 AM

C300
Originally Posted by vic viper
Nope, Diamond Silver came 2013.
Google for old threads....there are a lot of pics of diamond silver on old SLKs...unless they changed the shade but I doubt it?
Old 09-18-2014, 02:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
Nope, that is Tellurium Silver, color code 762
Old 09-18-2014, 02:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 C250 Sport
Well then that Sales Rep wasn't very knowledgeable. Diamond Silver has been around a long time...2001 ...2003? But dealers don't order / stock cars in that colour as it a colour either people love, or don't like at all.

I was surprised Mississauga MB had a W205 Diamond Silver in stock and in the lot, outside, and I went to look at it in 3 different lighting environments - sunny, dusk, overcast.
AFAIK, Diamond Silver was a new color just last year (at least in the US). The lat gen SLK offered a very similar color, but I don't think it was called Diamond Silver. The color is also pretty common in LA now....

Last edited by alsyli; 09-18-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:27 AM

2015 C400 4matic W205
Beautiful yes. I think it's a great colour for a woman, and I think white is another great colour for a woman, on this car.

Sick/wicked to me = black on black. Is that what they ended up with?
Here is the thread I was referring to on Diamond silver being feminine. Not sure what that person ended up with. But that thread was from 2004 for the SLK.

And * correction he said,

"...I'm not aiming for beautiful, I'm going for stoopid phat"

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r171...nd-silver.html

Last edited by jbbeauso; 09-19-2014 at 04:18 AM.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:37 AM

2015 C400 4matic W205
I have pinnacle f1 ceramic 35% on my current sedan, and it is for sure too light. On the C300, for sure I'd go same % on the side windows to keep it uniform. 35% is definitely not dark at all. And with a pano roof it's going to be even lighter from the outside.

I'd highly recommend 35% front/rear vs 40 all around or 40/30 front/rear if you do want it lighter in the front. Uniform is definitely better.

I think whatever colour I end up with I will go 30% front/rear sides and TBD on the back. Does the car in Canada come with any factory tint?
I think the Canadian c400 is supposed to come with a light factory tint but I have no idea how dark. Did your current sedan have factory tint when you applied the pinnacle 35? The OEM tint seems to be the biggest variable since nobody seems to know how dark it is and the addition of a second tint is multiplicative. for example 75% factory x 40% F1 = 30 % overall
Old 09-18-2014, 09:35 AM

'15 C300 RWD Luxury
Yesterday I was at the dealer, and they had a diamond silver, iridium silver and palladium silver w205s on the lot. I liked the diamond silver the least, never liked blue cars and it came across as too blue to me. The Iridium silver looked good, but next to the Palladium (which happened to be in the luxury package), the Palladium looked way more distinctive. The lines, the contrast with the chrome, along with the rims and the grill also in palladium, it looked by far the best to my eyes. We also moved the car from outside in to the showroom and it looked great in all lighting conditions.

I should have snapped some pics, but I think I'm set on the Palladium silver with the luxury package and sunroof. It has a real presence in person.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
Palladium is really great looking, even though silver and white cars are common and boring the Palladium fits the W205 very well.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:44 AM

BMW 328iX
Has anyone even considered Tenorite Grey ?

I had trouble selecting between Tenorite Grey and Palladium Silver. I was in a rush to get my order in so I can get the car late Nov, rather than December and selected Tenorite grey with the red leather interior.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:49 AM

golf tdi
I chose Steel Grey for my C300 with the luxury package. I saw one yesterday at Loeber Motors in Chicago and it looked great.

Living in the city one almost has to get a darker colored car because other cars will bump into you or scrape one's car when parallel parking. Light colored bumpers, which are dark colored under the paint, get ruined very quickly.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:23 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,400 Likes on 2,845 Posts
2012 CLS63
buy a white one; then wrap it, call it a day
Old 09-18-2014, 11:59 PM

C300
Nope, that is Tellurium Silver, color code 762
2006 and looks like the same silver with blue

http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r171-gen...cs-please.html
Old 09-19-2014, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
2006 and looks like the same silver with blue

http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r171-gen...cs-please.html

Yes "looks like" but please check the color codes.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:32 AM

2015 C400 4matic W205
Yes "looks like" but please check the color codes.
I think this is the answer....

http://gtcarlot.com/colors/Mercedes-Benz/All/

It appears Diamond Silver Metallic has 2 codes. 988 or 762

There are also other colours identified with more than one code.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
Like I said above, 762 is Tellurium Silver, similar to diamond but not the same thing.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:52 PM

2015 C300 4Matic
We would have gone with a metallic red or burgandy if they had had it... Settled for the black with black/cranberry leather interior and think it looks pretty damn good!
Old 09-19-2014, 06:09 PM

C300
Originally Posted by PDXSwoosh
We would have gone with a metallic red or burgandy if they had had it... Settled for the black with black/cranberry leather interior and think it looks pretty damn good!
Gloss black or Obsidian?

I like the look of gloss black 040 better but I don't want it to look dirty 95% of the time.

Right now Obsidian took out Silver as my colour choice, with pano roof. Mistake?
Old 09-19-2014, 06:36 PM

2015 C300 4Matic
Gloss Black.... We honestly looked at a car with Obsidian and could not tell there was any difference from the Gloss Black. We would have had to wait several months for obsidian and pay an additional $720. Are you telling me you think that Obsidian doesn't look as dirty as gloss black under the same conditions? My eyesight isn't as good as it used to be, so I would have to give you the benefit of the doubt on that one.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:55 PM

C300
Originally Posted by PDXSwoosh
Gloss Black.... We honestly looked at a car with Obsidian and could not tell there was any difference from the Gloss Black. We would have had to wait several months for obsidian and pay an additional $720. Are you telling me you think that Obsidian doesn't look as dirty as gloss black under the same conditions? My eyesight isn't as good as it used to be, so I would have to give you the benefit of the doubt on that one.
I like gloss better when clean and every w205 I've seen has been gloss. Looks awesome. So I can't say vs obsidian. I've just searched this site a bit and obsidian will hide scratches better and won't look as dirty when it has a light dust / diry coating because the metallic will shine and lighten up the paint. To me it looks like obsidian has a slight blurring /fogging of the black paint. I'm trying to pick what will look best most of the time when washed say every two weeks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best color for class 2015