C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car
Question What would you do?

Hello all,

A little intro about myself.

I currently drive a 991 C2S for 3 seasons and a BMW 135 (300hp/ 300 tq RWD with snows) in the winter.

I was all set to get a fully loaded custom order Macan turbo to replace the BMW as the winter car after this coming winter. Wanted to wait for the second year of a brand new model.

Then, I swung by my local jewellery store today and saw some watches that caught my eye.

In essence, C400 4matic + his and her watches = Macan turbo.

What would you do? I am buying, not leasing since I tend to keep my vehicles for 5+ years. Having said that, I am a sucker for new models.

On one hand, it would be cool to have 2 P cars in the garage. On the other hand, I would not mind adding to the watch collection. Of course, cars depreciate a lot faster than the watches that I am looking at. Also easier to pass on the watches to the next generation than cars... Wife voted for new watch, and the C400 fits the bill. Not interested in the ML, GLK, GLA, CLA. Not interested in BMW, Audi, Lexus, RR or any other brand.

Any advice and recommendation appreciated.

TIA.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C400 4matic W205
Originally Posted by Dyim
Hello all,

A little intro about myself.

I currently drive a 991 C2S for 3 seasons and a BMW 135 (300hp/ 300 tq RWD with snows) in the winter.

I was all set to get a fully loaded custom order Macan turbo to replace the BMW as the winter car after this coming winter. Wanted to wait for the second year of a brand new model.

Then, I swung by my local jewellery store today and saw some watches that caught my eye.

In essence, C400 4matic + his and her watches = Macan turbo.

What would you do? I am buying, not leasing since I tend to keep my vehicles for 5+ years. Having said that, I am a sucker for new models.

On one hand, it would be cool to have 2 P cars in the garage. On the other hand, I would not mind adding to the watch collection. Of course, cars depreciate a lot faster than the watches that I am looking at. Also easier to pass on the watches to the next generation than cars... Wife voted for new watch, and the C400 fits the bill. Not interested in the ML, GLK, GLA, CLA. Not interested in BMW, Audi, Lexus, RR or any other brand.

Any advice and recommendation appreciated.

TIA.
A happy wife = happy life.

Which timepieces are you "getting"?
Old 09-23-2014, 01:42 PM

2011 Audi Q5
Well you have one P car and you'll get the same stuff you have now in C2S with Macan. Also, as you know options are so expensive with Porsche. If you didn't have another Porsche, I would say go with Macan but since you have one get watches and the MB. btw, which brand you are going for? Rolex?
Old 09-23-2014, 03:47 PM

2012 Audi A4
I vote that you go with the C Class. Do you really need an SUV, especially when the Mercedes would have 4matic? I can't imagine the Macan is about more space, as it is a small SUV. However I suppose it's all about what you want!

As for the watches, personally I think Rolexes are cliche. Lots of other great, and frankly better choices out there in the price range. I'm curious to hear what you're thinking!
Old 09-23-2014, 05:54 PM

Car
Originally Posted by jbbeauso
A happy wife = happy life.

Which timepieces are you "getting"?
So true.

Originally Posted by ML63_AMG
Well you have one P car and you'll get the same stuff you have now in C2S with Macan. Also, as you know options are so expensive with Porsche. If you didn't have another Porsche, I would say go with Macan but since you have one get watches and the MB. btw, which brand you are going for? Rolex?
Bingo. Looking at the new WG GMT Pepsi dial 116719BLRO. Something with bling for wife.

Originally Posted by Atcdude
I vote that you go with the C Class. Do you really need an SUV, especially when the Mercedes would have 4matic? I can't imagine the Macan is about more space, as it is a small SUV. However I suppose it's all about what you want!

As for the watches, personally I think Rolexes are cliche. Lots of other great, and frankly better choices out there in the price range. I'm curious to hear what you're thinking!

Funny about the SUV. It is actually my wife who wants an SUV. I think she likes the utility of the van that she has as family car but wants something else to drive around. Hence the Macan. That good looking watch changed her mind!

You are right about Rolex being cliche. For some strange reason, I still like it. Have other brands but rolex always appeal to me. I have a friend who is the exact opposite. Rolex is also so indestructible that I am not worried about babying it.

I guess I am posting here since I am leaning towards the Merc. I am afraid to post in the Macan forum maybe because I am afraid what they will say.

Appreciate all the comments. Keep them coming
Old 09-23-2014, 06:34 PM

2012 Audi A4
The reviews so far on the Macan, or at least the ones I have read, have been quite good. I can understand why you're staying away from the Porsche forum!

As for watches, Rolexes no doubt are good watches. I have a buddy who owns several vintage ones that he has had refurbished. Beautiful and solid watches for sure.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:41 AM

2011 Audi Q5
Great taste. I am drooling over 116710BLNR but can't justify trading in my 116710LN on loss, yet.

Originally Posted by Dyim

Bingo. Looking at the new WG GMT Pepsi dial 116719BLRO. Something with bling for wife.