C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Music Register playlist and voice control system (2 questions!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Music Register playlist and voice control system (2 questions!)

First time mercedes owner here! I had an audi before..and decided to "upgrade" to the new c300. It's a wonderful car and a great mix of luxury, sportiness, and technology. There are two (first world problems) little things that are bothering me and since this seems to be the board with the most knowledgeable/active users, this is probably the best place to ask..

1. I put a bunch of songs into folders, along with playlists for those folders, on a USB and connected the USB to the car. I clicked on "copy all" to copy everything to the music register HDD. The music files copied fine...but the playlists do not copy over? Is this true or am I missing something? Is there any way to create playlists on the hard drive? Or, on a related note, is it possible to JUST play songs in a folder? When you click a song by browsing by folder, it plays all songs on the USB...

2. Is there any place I can find the voice control system guide? In PDF or whatever form? I'd like to know all the possibilities of the things I can control with my voice...my salesman said navigation and phone are the only things, and only showed me one or two commands ("navigate to" and "dial" or "call"). Does the system read text messages when they come in?

Sorry for the elaborate questions..these are the only two issues I've encountered that I'd like to fix...and the second one is more of a clarification issue, hehe. Thanks!
Old 09-28-2014, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/owners...007d184335RCRD

This should be, hopefully, the link for the voice control video. The online manuals and videos offer help on just about every topic, and fill in the huge gaps left in the printed manual.

As far as how much you can do with voice control, I asked the car to wash itself and got no response at all.

Last edited by StanNH; 09-28-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
thanks for the link..I found the manuals did lack a little when it came to the "extras" but they are good for basic stuff.

I hear the car washing itself will be an option for the w206. You have to upgrade to the "literally a concierge" package though.

As far as playlists, anyone know if we can playlist on the music register? or if we can just play a certain folder instead of all music files from a source?

Last edited by truthlesshunter; 09-28-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 CLA 250 4Matic Black
Sadly my C300 won't let me copy my CD's.
I have tried a few of my favorite CDs that I had stored in my W204 but it as if the CD player does not exist.
I have tried setting the CD as the Media device #1 but then the option to copy to register is greyed out.

I am hoping this is some minor alteration to the method that I have not figured out, otherwise it would be a big downer.