C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 09:23 AM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 C450

As my screen name indicates,I am an old man(soon to be 75).I am presently driving a 2008 550I which has been a great car,no warranty problems,no recalls,still runs like new.I am ready for a change and am waiting for the C450 to be introduced.I have had high performance cars all my life,and the desire is still there.A few years ago I would beinterested in the C63,but I guess I have mellowed some.I prevously had a 2004 BMW 545I which held the quickest 1/4 drag times record for 9 years(13.64)until someone posted a better time this year.I originaly was going to buy the C400,but the C450 seems a better fit.Can't wait for the introduction.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by oldman&theC
As my screen name indicates,I am an old man(soon to be 75).I am presently driving a 2008 550I which has been a great car,no warranty problems,no recalls,still runs like new.I am ready for a change and am waiting for the C450 to be introduced.I have had high performance cars all my life,and the desire is still there.A few years ago I would beinterested in the C63,but I guess I have mellowed some.I prevously had a 2004 BMW 545I which held the quickest 1/4 drag times record for 9 years(13.64)until someone posted a better time this year.I originaly was going to buy the C400,but the C450 seems a better fit.Can't wait for the introduction.
The C450 will likely be a great luxury car of its type, and fast, but make sure to drive it before buying. Your 5 Series was before BMW lost its way a bit on chassis (steering/handling/ride mix/feel) with the F10 platform, so you may be used to/expecting a certain level of feel and feedback. Make sure you're satisfied with the dynamics before signing on the dotted line! The change I was ready for had me going in the other direction, although we'll probably replace our E with another E next gen, as the "boss" still loves her MB!
Old 10-12-2014, 06:22 AM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by Sportstick
The C450 will likely be a great luxury car of its type, and fast, but make sure to drive it before buying. Your 5 Series was before BMW lost its way a bit on chassis (steering/handling/ride mix/feel) with the F10 platform, so you may be used to/expecting a certain level of feel and feedback. Make sure you're satisfied with the dynamics before signing on the dotted line! The change I was ready for had me going in the other direction, although we'll probably replace our E with another E next gen, as the "boss" still loves her MB!
I am well aware of the different driving dynamics between MB & BMW.At this point in my life I am more interested in straight line acceleration than handling,and the C450 should provide what I want.You are correct about the driving experience of the new BMW,s,especially the 5 series.They are more geared toward luxury than performance.I owned a 97 E420 before my BMW,s and it was a nice car but there was a big difference between MB & BMW in driving dynamics back then,not so much now.I do intend to drive a C450 before driving just to make sure it doesn't have any quirks that I don't like.