C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

2015 C300 4matic with luxury package, driver's assistance package and airmatic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
golf tdi
2015 C300 4matic with luxury package, driver's assistance package and airmatic

There was a post recently about the ride height of the luxury package model. My C300 arrived last week and I'm very pleased. It has the airmatic which is terrific (and does make a big difference with the ride height and the amount of space over the wheel wells) and the driver's assistance package including distronic plus. I didn't care for the airpanel louvers on the grill and I was pleased to learn that those are not available with distronic plus.
Attached Thumbnails 2015 C300 4matic with luxury package, driver's assistance package and airmatic-heinrich-1.jpg   2015 C300 4matic with luxury package, driver's assistance package and airmatic-heinrich-2.jpg   2015 C300 4matic with luxury package, driver's assistance package and airmatic-heinrich-3.jpg  
Old 10-14-2014, 02:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
Congrats, and thanks for pics. Classy looking grill and wheels! Had you tested the car on steel to give a good contrast/comparison? I believe you are the first on on the board with lux and air. How do you like the driver assist? Is it controlled by buttons over headlight switch? Easy to turn on/off? How does the cruise feel on this model? Thanks and congratulations again!
Old 10-14-2014, 02:16 PM

C300
Very nice!

I am a day or two away from ordering a Lux package, and had nearly convinced myself to skip the airmatic as being unnecessary (given that the Lux package already has a very nice ride). I would love to hear your thoughts on how the airmatic improves things in that regard.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by tgchicago
There was a post recently about the ride height of the luxury package model. My C300 arrived last week and I'm very pleased. It has the airmatic which is terrific (and does make a big difference with the ride height and the amount of space over the wheel wells) and the driver's assistance package including distronic plus. I didn't care for the airpanel louvers on the grill and I was pleased to learn that those are not available with distronic plus.
Looks so much better with the lower ride height. Sigh...I miss IL sometimes.

M
Old 10-14-2014, 05:34 PM

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
W205 C250BT
Great looking car. Is that the Tenorite Gray?
That front end really does make it look like an S-Class. We don't have the option to order with that grill style down-under yet - not sure if they'll introduce it later. All our cars here are with the Avantgard or AMG style grille.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:31 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C43 Sedan and 2020 Volvo V60 CC
I think it's Steel Gray...beautiful car nonetheless!
Old 10-15-2014, 12:16 PM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
In that first picture (side profile) what setting did you have the airmatic on?

Really great pictures by the way
Old 10-15-2014, 02:39 PM

golf tdi
Originally Posted by floridadriver
Congrats, and thanks for pics. Classy looking grill and wheels! Had you tested the car on steel to give a good contrast/comparison? I believe you are the first on on the board with lux and air. How do you like the driver assist? Is it controlled by buttons over headlight switch? Easy to turn on/off? How does the cruise feel on this model? Thanks and congratulations again!

Thanks! Really enjoying it. I did try the standard luxury suspension and the airmatic seems to give it a more sophisticated/S class like feel. I live in the city so I don't get a daily opportunity to try out the car on windy roads, but I was in the suburbs last weekend and it was excellent zipping around some curvy roads.

The driver's assistance package is one of my favorite parts of the car. The main switch is near the headlight switch, but I just leave that on and turn the distronic on and off via the cruise control lever. I have been using it frequently and it works great. As a new user I'm not 100% comfortable trusting it to stop the car in rush hour traffic, but it hasn't let me down yet. On the highway at speed it works perfectly and makes driving in traffic much less stressful!
Old 10-15-2014, 02:42 PM

golf tdi
Originally Posted by bahamaman
Very nice!

I am a day or two away from ordering a Lux package, and had nearly convinced myself to skip the airmatic as being unnecessary (given that the Lux package already has a very nice ride). I would love to hear your thoughts on how the airmatic improves things in that regard.

I think the car has a more solid feel with the airmatic. When I have it in comfort or econ setting it reminds me a lot of S class vehicles I have driven, and in sport or sport+ it is more firm without being harsh.

I am pleased I ordered the airmatic and based on my experience so far highly recommend it!
Old 10-15-2014, 02:44 PM

golf tdi
Originally Posted by DBOC205
Great looking car. Is that the Tenorite Gray?
That front end really does make it look like an S-Class. We don't have the option to order with that grill style down-under yet - not sure if they'll introduce it later. All our cars here are with the Avantgard or AMG style grille.

Thanks! My car is steel grey but I believe the color is called tenorite grey outside the US.

I really didn't like the airpanel louvers so I'm really happy with the grill with the distronic package.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:51 PM

C300
I think the car has a more solid feel with the airmatic. When I have it in comfort or econ setting it reminds me a lot of S class vehicles I have driven, and in sport or sport+ it is more firm without being harsh.

I am pleased I ordered the airmatic and based on my experience so far highly recommend it!
Just sent an email to my salesperson, and added AIRMATIC back into my order. I am getting Driver Assist as well.

Thanks for taking the time to post your most helpful comments!
Old 10-15-2014, 06:28 PM

The driver's assistance package is one of my favorite parts of the car. The main switch is near the headlight switch, but I just leave that on and turn the distronic on and off via the cruise control lever. I have been using it frequently and it works great. As a new user I'm not 100% comfortable trusting it to stop the car in rush hour traffic, but it hasn't let me down yet. On the highway at speed it works perfectly and makes driving in traffic much less stressful!
I'm really happy to hear it's working well for you. Please continue to update the forum on the pros and cons of the system. Especially in slow traffic on the highway
I know Chicago has a lot of traffic. :P I was there for a month this past summer.

If I do purchase a C it's going to have this feature. It's just too good to not have down the road, especially if you're buying to keep.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1963 220Sb
Wow, didn't realize it gets the exposed tailpipes. Looks great. I ended up getting a CLA, but the blue luxury C was a very close second.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by PHYBENZ
Wow, didn't realize it gets the exposed tailpipes. Looks great.
Same here, for some reason I thought luxury were hidden.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:48 PM

golf tdi
Originally Posted by unr1
In that first picture (side profile) what setting did you have the airmatic on?

Really great pictures by the way

Thanks! It was in sport+ for the photo.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:30 PM

Thanks! It was in sport+ for the photo.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:48 PM

Toyota Camry
Awesome pictures. True baby S with classic grille and standing star.