C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Comand w Iphone6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C400 loaded
Comand w Iphone6

So I finally bought an iphone which i swore I'd never do, but I also have an ipod nano in the car. The nano has never had problems, but the iphone is weird at times. Nothing crazy bad but it will freeze up briefly trying to access podcasts and doesnt like skipping to the next song easily. Not as smooth as the ipod. Today it completely locked up and didnt recognize the iphone at all when plugged in. I had to google and if you hold down the eject button on the dvd drive for 10 seconds it will reboot comand. Then everything worked fine. I am sure the comand software was pre OS8 so maybe that is what is casing it. Just seeing if others have had issues and also if you need to reboot thats how

Last edited by abstractls; 11-07-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,098 Likes on 726 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by abstractls
So I finally bought an iphone which i swore I'd never do, but I also have an ipod nano in the car. The nano has never had problems, but the iphone is weird at times. Nothing crazy bad but it will freeze up briefly trying to access podcasts and doesnt like skipping to the next song easily. Not as smooth as the ipod. Today it completely locked up and didnt recognize the iphone at all when plugged in. I had to google and if you hold down the eject button on the dvd drive for 10 seconds it will reboot comand. Then everything worked fine. I am sure the comand software was pre OS8 so maybe that is what is casing it. Just seeing if others have had issues and also if you need to reboot thats how
YOUR FAULT!!!!! Na na na na

You could have gotten an excellent HTC one M8 (much better than Iphone) with windows or android instead!!!! Better yet, you could have gotten the Harman Kardon edition to better exercise your Burmester Audio!!!!!!

Last edited by c4004matic; 11-07-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:28 PM

2015 C400 loaded
I wont get into the arguing, I have had android for years and while a better overall phone, music is the biggest thing for me and they cant auto sync to itunes and pofcastst over wifi without major major working. Plus they dont operate on the comand system in any way usable. Plus carplay is a big deal too. Sheer convenience for what I want it for is why I switched. Although I would NOT have done it if it weren't for the ability to change the keyboard to swiftkey as apples is terrible.

I am officially apple everything now. While I can build a far faster computer with PC components I DJ and produce and stability is far better on the imac on macbook pros. Although MS software blows so the usefulness of Apples software is worth a ton more so it balances out.

That being said, this problem could happen with any phone with a new os in comand
Old 11-07-2014, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
I wont get into the arguing, I have had android for years and while a better overall phone, music is the biggest thing for me and they cant auto sync to itunes and pofcastst over wifi without major major working. Plus they dont operate on the comand system in any way usable. Plus carplay is a big deal too. Sheer convenience for what I want it for is why I switched. Although I would NOT have done it if it weren't for the ability to change the keyboard to swiftkey as apples is terrible.

I am officially apple everything now. While I can build a far faster computer with PC components I DJ and produce and stability is far better on the imac on macbook pros. Although MS software blows so the usefulness of Apples software is worth a ton more so it balances out.

That being said, this problem could happen with any phone with a new os in comand
Have you ever noticed that the quality of recordings from I tunes is horrible? Most are "tuned" for earbuds, over boosted bass, horrible compression and a smorgasboard of volume levels. Your Burmester will quickly reveal how bad it is I was lucky long time ago that my Ipod didnt last long thus I never was invested in the I tunes store. I tunes is the drug that has kept people with Apple. Amazon MP3's are much better (as far as MP3's go) and better yet, more consistent quality. Should have taken the money tombs:

Old 11-07-2014, 03:25 PM

2015 C400 loaded
Originally Posted by c4004matic
Have you ever noticed that the quality of recordings from I tunes is horrible? Most are "tuned" for earbuds, over boosted bass, horrible compression and a smorgasboard of volume levels. Your Burmester will quickly reveal how bad it is I was lucky long time ago that my Ipod didnt last long thus I never was invested in the I tunes store. I tunes is the drug that has kept people with Apple. Amazon MP3's are much better (as far as MP3's go) and better yet, more consistent quality. Should have taken the money tombs:

Riddick - Insulting - YouTube
Who said I buy from itunes? Most of my music is sent directly from the labels. I couldn't tell you the last time I bought music on itunes, and probably only 3 times ever. Itunes is simply library and podcast management and most DJ software is designed to integrate with ti for playlist building and tagging. I have over 100k tracks, all ripped by proper encoders and many coming form CD or vinyl. All of which at 320k.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:42 PM

B200T
Who said I buy from itunes? Most of my music is sent directly from the labels. I couldn't tell you the last time I bought music on itunes, and probably only 3 times ever. Itunes is simply library and podcast management and most DJ software is designed to integrate with ti for playlist building and tagging. I have over 100k tracks, all ripped by proper encoders and many coming form CD or vinyl. All of which at 320k.
Umm...you did. You said that you need autosync to iTunes.

Although I cannot comment on the DJ software you use, I disagree with you about the stability of Macs, iMacs and various Macbooks.
My company supports hundreds of PCs and Macs (as well as some unix and ubuntu machines), and when you buy a decent brand, and not entry level machines from that brand, they have less issues and are more stable than Macs (and typically cost the same or often less, sometimes even much less, depending on what you're getting).
If you had stability issues with the systems you've built, it must have been because you cheaped-out on your builds (or one of the components), or didn't configure something right. Or used (insert favorite expletive here) Windows Vista or Windows ME or something

This, by the way, extends to iPhones and Android phones. In fact, there are statistics that show that apps crash twice as often on iPhones than Android phones (the disparity between the two has just increased in the past 4 years). People are just not aware that the iPhone crashes, because it just takes you to the home screen (people think they pressed the home button, when this happens, more often than not), whereas on the Android phone, you get a crash notice, and ability to send the crash report to the developer.

Sources, just before I get eaten alive by Apple fans (which often happens at work when they ask and hear an answer they don't like):
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2455622,00.asp
http://www.minyanville.com/sectors/t.../2014/id/54402

Last edited by mihaelb; 11-07-2014 at 03:46 PM. Reason: macbooks, Windows ME
Old 11-07-2014, 03:49 PM

B200T
YOUR FAULT!!!!! Na na na na

You could have gotten an excellent HTC one M8 (much better than Iphone) with windows or android instead!!!! Better yet, you could have gotten the Harman Kardon edition to better exercise your Burmester Audio!!!!!!
Cool...never heard about the HKE edition...but I don't think that particular edition will make a difference (over other Android/Windows phones) when using the car's stereo, as then you're talking about streaming, rather than phone's speakers' output.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Then why Apple???????
Old 11-07-2014, 03:52 PM

2015 C400 loaded
Originally Posted by mihaelb
Umm...you did. You said that you need autosync to iTunes.

Although I cannot comment on the DJ software you use, I disagree with you about the stability of Macs, iMacs.
My company supports hundreds of PCs and Macs (as well as some unix and ubuntu machines), and when you buy a decent brand, and not entry level machines from that brand, they have less issues and are more stable than Macs (and typically cost the same or often less, sometimes even much less, depending on what you're getting).
If you had stability issues with the systems you've built, it must have bene because you cheaped-out on your builds, or didn't configure something right. Or used (insert favorite expletive here) Windows Vista

This, by the way, extends to iPhones and Android phones. In fact, there are statistics that show that apps crash twice as often on iPhones than Android phones (the disparity between the two has just increased in the past 4 years). People are just not aware that the iPhone crashes, because it just takes you to the home screen (people think they pressed home more often than not), whereas on the Android phone, you get a crash notice, and ability to send the crash report to the developer.

Sources, just before I get eaten alive by Apple fans (which often happens at work when they ask and hear an answer they don't like):
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2455622,00.asp
http://www.minyanville.com/sectors/t.../2014/id/54402
Ummm, I didn't. I said I need to autosync itunes to my iphone. All of my MP3s that I have bought(99.9% outside of itunes) and imported automatically sync over wifi instead of having to plug it in like an ipod.

I really am not going to bother with the stupid arguments any further. I have owned both and all of my PCs were with the highest grade components you could get at those times. Ask anyone that does heavily taxing software like Ableton, Photoshop, etc.. on how often PCs crash and have issues. Plus the longer you own a PC the longer the registry slows everything down. I have never had those problems on a MAC. For one simple reason, because macs have a finite combination of hardware so it's easier to write for stability. Plus some software like Logic Pro aren't available on PC. Now if you are gamer, hands down go PC. But iphoto, imovie, etc are far far better than what is available for free on the PC. You would have to purchase software to be up to par. As far as crashes on android vs iphone I am not really concerned, those happen no matter what and I haven't really experienced too many problems with either of them. I am not about the which is better, it is about which is better for your purposes. Music and airplay is something Iphone excels at far better than android. Customization and widgets are far better on Android.

Last edited by abstractls; 11-07-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Cool...never heard about the HKE edition...but I don't think that particular edition will make a difference (over other Android/Windows phones) when using the car's stereo, as then you're talking about streaming, rather than phone's speakers' output.
In fact it does make a difference. Although it wont make an MP3 sound like a FLAC file but it has a nice "Clari Fi" setting that works wonders for MP3's! It also has a surround setting that is OK. The phone is even "listenable" without speakers, for 35 bucks extra on a 600 dollar plus phone why not? I have exactly zero regrets. It connects to everything instantly without any hassles, simply slick in everyway. Not exactly the best camera but I never take cellphone picks any way, I have Nikons for that!
Old 11-07-2014, 04:13 PM

B200T
Ummm, I didn't. I said I need to autosync itunes to my iphone. All of my MP3s that I have bought and imported automatically sync over wifi instead of having to plug it in like an ipod.

I really am not going to bother with the stupid arguments any further. I have owned both and all of my PCs were with the highest grade components you could get at those times. Ask anyone that does heavily taxing software like Ableton, Photoshop, etc.. on how often PCs crash and have issues. Plus the longer you own a PC the longer the registry slows everything down. I have never had those problems on a MAC. For one simple reason, because macs have a finite combination of hardware so it's easier to write for stability. Plus some software like Logic Pro aren't available on PC. Now if you are gamer, hands down go PC. But iphoto, imovie, etc are far far better than what is available for free on the PC. You would have to purchase software to be up to par. As far as crashes on android vs iphone I am not really concerned, those happen no matter what and I haven't really experienced too many problems with either of them. I am not about the which is better, it is about which is better for your purposes. Music and airplay is something Iphone excels at far better than android. Customization and widgets are far better on Android.
Some of our customers ARE graphics designers using the entire Adobe graphics suite, including Photoshop. They do have the highest ratio of Mac to PC usage, but your crash observations do not echo what they say and what we have observed with them.
Yes, the free apps that come with Windows are pretty basic, but with all the money you save by not going Mac, you either pay for the purchased apps on the PC or offset the price of them.

Not familiar with Logic Pro on either platform. No DJ customers...

I'm not trying to argue with you-just pointing out that your observations, (which you based on just your case), are wrong, based on a much-larger sample, as well as information on the internet, for others for whom this may be of interest/consideration.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:15 PM

B200T
In fact it does make a difference. Although it wont make an MP3 sound like a FLAC file but it has a nice "Clari Fi" setting that works wonders for MP3's! It also has a surround setting that is OK. The phone is even "listenable" without speakers, for 35 bucks extra on a 600 dollar plus phone why not? I have exactly zero regrets. It connects to everything instantly without any hassles, simply slick in everyway. Not exactly the best camera but I never take cellphone picks any way, I have Nikons for that!
Interesting...Will have to be really nice to my wife to convince her to get my new toy...I mean work phone, on the heels of the upcoming C class purchase
Old 11-07-2014, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Ummm, I didn't. I said I need to autosync itunes to my iphone. All of my MP3s that I have bought and imported automatically sync over wifi instead of having to plug it in like an ipod.

Gee I run thousands of 36 megapixel photos through my Dell XPS all in one and it churns them into Jpgs and edits them in raw without breaking a sweat. It even eats videos for breakfast! Ive never had Issues with apple just never seen the need to pay double for the same or better performance with a PC. Nothing works with apple unless its apple a major cost and pain in the rear! Special cables special adapters all at premium prices. Once you think your fully equipped they change the connector thus making your old equipment obsolete! Apple is like a cancer that eats money for the pleasure of a pretty white envelope with a silly apple on it.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:33 PM

2015 C400 loaded
Some of our customers ARE graphics designers using the entire Adobe graphics suite, including Photoshop. They do have the highest ratio of Mac to PC usage, but your crash observations do not echo what they say and what we have observed with them.
Yes, the free apps that come with Windows are pretty basic, but with all the money you save by not going Mac, you either pay for the purchased apps on the PC or offset the price of them.

Not familiar with Logic Pro on either platform. No DJ customers...

I'm not trying to argue with you-just pointing out that your observations, (which you based on just your case), are wrong, based on a much-larger sample, as well as information on the internet, for others for whom this may be of interest/consideration.
Logic isnt DJ software it what many recording studios use, most moved away from Pro Tools years ago. The sheer nature of the architecture (unix based) of Macs are better for audio and video production as well as simplicity for basic users, so it covers both ends. What Macs cant do is business platforms well at all. That isnt their market. I know hundreds of studio people and most are mac users. Trust me again I swore I would never switch and lo and behold it's a simpler process with less problems. Most graphic artists are mac based on the print and design end, but most 3D artists are windows or unix based.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:39 PM

2015 C400 loaded
Gee I run thousands of 36 megapixel photos through my Dell XPS all in one and it churns them into Jpgs and edits them in raw without breaking a sweat. It even eats videos for breakfast! Ive never had Issues with apple just never seen the need to pay double for the same or better performance with a PC. Nothing works with apple unless its apple a major cost and pain in the rear! Special cables special adapters all at premium prices. Once you think your fully equipped they change the connector thus making your old equipment obsolete! Apple is like a cancer that eats money for the pleasure of a pretty white envelope with a silly apple on it.

You have been duped into the belief that apples are more expensive for the same thing. Just google it, apple vs pc cost. Article afetr article, including from PC Mag that show in fact for the same equivalent components they are not much different at all. It's a very common belief and not at all true. They changed cables ONCE. Thats it. Sure they went from firewire to thunderbolt but thats like moving from floppy to usb. Different beasts. But the lightning cable is different. I mean we did go from mini usb to micro on androids too. Your assessment of silly little apple is just stupid. There is much more to an apple product. I'm not a fan boy, but for wht i use it does its purpose better. I like the widgets on android far better but I can live with it. If I need a basic pc, not apple can match it for price. Both are good for what they are. It just crashes different lol

Old 11-07-2014, 04:40 PM

2015 C400 loaded
BTW this is about as stupid as a BMW vs mercedes thread. Do you think anyone actually gives a flying f*** if you dont like apple or pc? I'm not against either.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Logic isnt DJ software it what many recording studios use, most moved away from Pro Tools years ago. The sheer nature of the architecture (unix based) of Macs are better for audio and video production as well as simplicity for basic users, so it covers both ends. What Macs cant do is business platforms well at all. That isnt their market. I know hundreds of studio people and most are mac users. Trust me again I swore I would never switch and lo and behold it's a simpler process with less problems. Most graphic artists are mac based on the print and design end, but most 3D artists are windows or unix based.
All you have said here is true.
Still hate Apple
Old 11-07-2014, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
You have been duped into the belief that apples are more expensive for the same thing. Just google it, apple vs pc cost. Article afetr article, including from PC Mag that show in fact for the same equivalent components they are not much different at all. It's a very common belief and not at all true. They changed cables ONCE. Thats it. Sure they went from firewire to thunderbolt but thats like moving from floppy to usb. Different beasts. But the lightning cable is different. I mean we did go from mini usb to micro on androids too. Your assessment of silly little apple is just stupid. There is much more to an apple product. I'm not a fan boy, but for wht i use it does its purpose better. I like the widgets on android far better but I can live with it. If I need a basic pc, not apple can match it for price. Both are good for what they are. It just crashes different lol

Crash Different - YouTube

http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-27-2720...ps-27-2720-aio

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/imac-retina

Exactly the same price, however the apple has 1/2 the storage 1/2 the memory and 1/2 the processor! Now whos been drinking the Kool Aid?

Both have ultrahigh definition 27 inch screens but the apple is not touch.
Not even on the same planet pricewise.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
BTW this is about as stupid as a BMW vs mercedes thread. Do you think anyone actually gives a flying f*** if you dont like apple or pc? I'm not against either.

Hey we're discussing what is the best smartphone to use on our Mercedes' Given that the car has more connectivity than before, the connecting (or not connective) device is now a crucial part of the car!
Old 11-07-2014, 10:05 PM

None
FWIW, I have an iPhone 6+ on ios 8.1 with no issues. I had one issue with playing on bluetooth then switching to the cable interface trying to resume the song. This caused some weirdness in terms of skipping/playing.

I generally stick to the cable since it skips the phone's DAC if going through USB. Still sync with bluetooth for phone calls though..
Old 11-07-2014, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by prophetx2
FWIW, I have an iPhone 6+ on ios 8.1 with no issues. I had one issue with playing on bluetooth then switching to the cable interface trying to resume the song. This caused some weirdness in terms of skipping/playing.

I generally stick to the cable since it skips the phone's DAC if going through USB. Still sync with bluetooth for phone calls though..
There is another thread about IPhone 6 completely bringing command 20 system down. BTW I'm mostly giving I phone users crap since apple is a senseless cult. Its just insane watching the groupies hang on every word at the reveals of new products, as if something truly new was going to appear out of thin air, its magical!!
Old 11-09-2014, 11:09 PM

2015 C400 loaded
Hey we're discussing what is the best smartphone to use on our Mercedes' Given that the car has more connectivity than before, the connecting (or not connective) device is now a crucial part of the car!
Correct and that isn't the android. It had very little connectivity with my S4
Old 11-09-2014, 11:11 PM

2015 C400 loaded
There is another thread about IPhone 6 completely bringing command 20 system down. BTW I'm mostly giving I phone users crap since apple is a senseless cult. Its just insane watching the groupies hang on every word at the reveals of new products, as if something truly new was going to appear out of thin air, its magical!!
I dont hang on every word or care about the cult. I happen to like what it does for MY purposes which it does do FAr better than andoird, so can you take your childish rant to a PC vs Mac forum instead? This thread was to talk to those with iphone 6 issues but you derailed it with the 20 year old mac vs pc discussion that really only a bunch of loser geeks care about
Old 11-10-2014, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
For what it's worth, I just paired my iPhone 5S with IOS 8.1 to COMAND.

The car gave me a message that it couldn't pair, and it would have to be done from the phone. I looked at the Bluetooth menu on the phone, found the MB connection, and selected it. The car then asked if it had the correct passkey, I selected yes, and the pairing was done in a few seconds.

It works perfectly and it did import my entire address book. The whole procedure took about two minutes and was done without even having to look at the manual.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:47 AM

2015 C400 loaded
Originally Posted by StanNH
For what it's worth, I just paired my iPhone 5S with IOS 8.1 to COMAND.

The car gave me a message that it couldn't pair, and it would have to be done from the phone. I looked at the Bluetooth menu on the phone, found the MB connection, and selected it. The car then asked if it had the correct passkey, I selected yes, and the pairing was done in a few seconds.

It works perfectly and it did import my entire address book. The whole procedure took about two minutes and was done without even having to look at the manual.
You're taking about Bluetooth. No issues there. This is about plugging in and using as ipod