C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Track sequence on memory card or USB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
Track sequence on memory card or USB

Why does the HU add all available MP3.s together even if they are sorted in folders?

I only have 4 folders with different albums on my current SD but they show up as tracks 0/157 instead of 0/22 on one album/folder

Anyone else noticed this?

Also, is there anyway to fast forward tracks other than tilting the rotary dial left or right?
Old 11-29-2014, 11:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C400 4matic W205
Originally Posted by vic viper
Why does the HU add all available MP3.s together even if they are sorted in folders?

I only have 4 folders with different albums on my current SD but they show up as tracks 0/157 instead of 0/22 on one album/folder

Also, is there anyway to fast forward tracks other than tilting the rotary dial left or right?
I have noticed that as well. For me I have hundreds of folders and subfolders. From what I can tell it enumerates all the songs in a way that traverses each folder, then it's subfolders then on to the next folder. It would eventually play all the music. With the search by folder option you are basically just selecting the starting location for the entire playlists.
Old 11-29-2014, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
That sucks if you know certain track numbers and want to play them, I use the voice control pretty much, and to say "play track 5" doesnt work as well as it used to on my S204
Old 11-29-2014, 11:42 AM
nnk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205

You can use the touch-sensor/mouse to move back/forward like this:

1. Press middle bottom button on the touch-sensor/mouse once (will bring up the song name, album art etc.)
2. Swipe over the touch-sensor/mouse with one finger (left to right moves forward)
Old 11-29-2014, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
Originally Posted by nnk
You can use the touch-sensor/mouse to move back/forward like this:

1. Press middle bottom button on the touch-sensor/mouse once (will bring up the song name, album art etc.)
2. Swipe over the touch-sensor/mouse with one finger (left to right moves forward)

Yes, but this wont fast forward a track, it will skip to the next.
Old 11-29-2014, 01:57 PM
nnk

W205
Yes, but this wont fast forward a track, it will skip to the next.
Correct .... I don't know if/how it is possible to move even faster (sorry) ...
Old 11-29-2014, 02:40 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Corvette/2017 E-300
Options...playback mode...this allows you to select our the tracks are played back
Old 11-29-2014, 03:09 PM
nnk

W205
Originally Posted by NYC-Style
Options...playback mode...this allows you to select our the tracks are played back
Mix (or not) only though ;-)
Old 11-29-2014, 03:38 PM

Corvette/2017 E-300
Mmmm...I just checked...selected a specific folder (album) - playback mode: normal track sequence...played track...turned dial to the right...it went to the very next track...etc. etc. Now the one thing I will say is that I've copied my music over to the "media register"...I don't know if that has anything to do with it...
Old 11-29-2014, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
I dont have a problem with selecting tracks, the thing is that the system adds all the files into one long sequence, so instead of numbering the tracks on folder 5 from 0 to 22 they get numbered from 57-79 if there are 22 tracks on the album.

It also seems that the only way to fast forward a track is to hold the dial right, and that is not always easy.

Just skipping tracks works fine
Old 11-29-2014, 06:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
Not got the car yet, so can't try this out, for myself. But if you pull the controller back, to open a Search, then select "Search by Cover" then selecting your Album should display the track list within that Album. With that track list, playback mode, set to Random in current Tracklist "should" only display the Track Nos within that Album?

If not, then I'm flummoxed too....
Old 12-02-2014, 04:39 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2015 C300
I won't take delivery of my car for a few months, but here are my thoughts. I am very happy it aggregates all the songs and folders. My current car limits the number of tracks to about 225 per folder and this drives me nuts. I want to put all the tracks into a single folder, and do all the selecting and organizing by ID3 tags. This way you can select by Album, Song, Genre, Artist, Play List, and on some playback devices (Sony) by Year of Release. I really don't understand why you would separate into folders. I have been doing this since mp3s were invented and it works on all modern devices.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:55 PM

Corvette/2017 E-300
Originally Posted by hpilot
I won't take delivery of my car for a few months, but here are my thoughts. I am very happy it aggregates all the songs and folders. My current car limits the number of tracks to about 225 per folder and this drives me nuts. I want to put all the tracks into a single folder, and do all the selecting and organizing by ID3 tags. This way you can select by Album, Song, Genre, Artist, Play List, and on some playback devices (Sony) by Year of Release. I really don't understand why you would separate into folders. I have been doing this since mp3s were invented and it works on all modern devices.

I prefer folders because I like to listed to segregate my music...jazz, rock, etc. etc. I have some folders that are a mix of various artists and genere's...you'll notice that even if you're playing an album...the actual track might be track 1 of 16...but in the COMMAND system it may be track 105 of 500. ID3 tags are good provided they're actually categorizing the music correctly...but that's not always the case.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:01 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2015 C300
Originally Posted by NYC-Style
I prefer folders because I like to listed to segregate my music...jazz, rock, etc. etc. I have some folders that are a mix of various artists and genere's...you'll notice that even if you're playing an album...the actual track might be track 1 of 16...but in the COMMAND system it may be track 105 of 500. ID3 tags are good provided they're actually categorizing the music correctly...but that's not always the case.

I understand. I guess I will see that when I get my car in a few months. Generally I don't care about the actual track number as long as it plays in the right order within an album. That said, I usually just play on shuffle.

BTW, I manually code all my tags so the information is always correct - especially genre. I know most people don't do that. In any case, it sure is a lot better than the crappy head unit I have now!
Old 12-03-2014, 01:25 PM

2015 S205
There's 2 ways of doing fast forward with the touch pad.

I play a lot of 1 hour mixes in my car and you can do the following :

1 ) place your finger on the touch pad and swipe left to right and it will fast-forward what seems to be intervals of 3 minutes - I noticed with single-tracks (5-6 min songs) that this will skip to the next track

2) if you want to "seek" forward just a few seconds 3-5 sec, then place your finger on the touch pad, swipe left to right and keep your finger on the trackpad - It will then fast forward until you lift your finger - So : swipe left to right, and hold

Hope this helps

PS: Btw, please read my comment on your other thread with pictures of your new can if you havent - Im still struggeling with nasty vibrations, and I am now on my 5th workshop visit, and on monday I am getting my 3rd set of tires fitted! - Extremly frustrated
Old 12-04-2014, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
Originally Posted by eaglehorn
There's 2 ways of doing fast forward with the touch pad.

I play a lot of 1 hour mixes in my car and you can do the following :

1 ) place your finger on the touch pad and swipe left to right and it will fast-forward what seems to be intervals of 3 minutes - I noticed with single-tracks (5-6 min songs) that this will skip to the next track

2) if you want to "seek" forward just a few seconds 3-5 sec, then place your finger on the touch pad, swipe left to right and keep your finger on the trackpad - It will then fast forward until you lift your finger - So : swipe left to right, and hold

Hope this helps

PS: Btw, please read my comment on your other thread with pictures of your new can if you havent - Im still struggeling with nasty vibrations, and I am now on my 5th workshop visit, and on monday I am getting my 3rd set of tires fitted! - Extremly frustrated

Wow, thanks, fast forward using the touch pad is spot on!
I have replied in my thread as well.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:20 AM

C Class AMG
sorry to dig up an old thread but i've just taken delivery of a new C class and am having the same issue with the track sequence. despite all songs being organised in to folders, viewing the "current track list" shows every song on the whole USB stick. this makes it very difficult to get back to the list of songs for a folder/album and also makes random track sequence pointless as it shuffles through the whole USB stick thousands of songs!
Old 04-29-2015, 11:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
12E350, 12ML350, 08C350
Originally Posted by sibaker
sorry to dig up an old thread but i've just taken delivery of a new C class and am having the same issue with the track sequence. despite all songs being organised in to folders, viewing the "current track list" shows every song on the whole USB stick. this makes it very difficult to get back to the list of songs for a folder/album and also makes random track sequence pointless as it shuffles through the whole USB stick thousands of songs!
What I did in this case : insert the SD into your computer, right click on the tittle, select "rename", add 1 or 2 or 3....to the front tittle of the track, it will play in that order (in the folder or sub-folder). It's a pain if you have a few hundred tracks, but I know NO WAY to get around the xxx.PM3 in the SD card.
Anyone know any better way, please add.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:01 AM

C Class AMG
i found that using the "folder" view to browse through the USB stick creates the problem, and no matter what you do it seems to think that every track on the disk is all one long track list. so that creates an issue if you go in to "current track list" (shows everything!) or try and do random playback within a track list.

so instead, if you go into the structure via "artists" or "albums" instead, it works properly. selecting an album and then showing "current track list" only shows the tracks in that album as it should, and random playback mode also works within that album

needs a bit of fiddling to tidy up ID3 tags on the mp3's as all that info is based on the tags, and not the file name (whereas going through "folder" option shows itr by file name like the older C class (w204) did).