C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Switched fuse for hard-wire?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2014 | 12:07 PM

2015 C-Class C300W4
Switched fuse for hard-wire?

Looking to hard-wire my radar detector to a spot in the fuse box on the driver's side. Anyone know if there's a switched fuse in that block, or are they all "always-hot"?

Currently have the wire running down to the 12v socket in the center console, but it's really, really tight and I need a little more wiggle room to put the detector where I need it. It'll be really convenient if I can simply run down the driver side window and into the fuse box, but I need a switched fuse to tap into.

- Mark
Old 12-19-2014 | 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by radiojon
Looking to hard-wire my radar detector to a spot in the fuse box on the driver's side. Anyone know if there's a switched fuse in that block, or are they all "always-hot"?

Currently have the wire running down to the 12v socket in the center console, but it's really, really tight and I need a little more wiggle room to put the detector where I need it. It'll be really convenient if I can simply run down the driver side window and into the fuse box, but I need a switched fuse to tap into.

- Mark
Simply check the owners manual to see what corresponds to what. From there simply use a tester to see if its a switched fuse or not. Don't forget to use a separate fuse for your connection of lesser amperage than the fuse you are connecting to. Most connections in the fuse box should be of the switched variety.