C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C300 My Three Month Review. (Long!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 08:55 AM
pek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
I felt the need to chime in here. As born/raised resident of the U.S. rust-belt, cars made by US manufacturers had some issues long ago. My first cars were a '67 VW 1300, then had various Opels (I really, really wanted J Edgar Opel, for those older Car & driver readers), grabbed the last of the German built Opels when Buick shot themselves in both feet. Never had fit/finish problems with the Opels, In fact, both my then-wife and I both almost got into trouble when we didn't notice how fast we were going in that 1900, fast and quiet. The Japanese & American cars I've had since were not very memorable, just, there. I had a little more spark when Chrysler brought back the 300M, had 3 of those, then the re-designed 300. When Buick brought back the Opel (and Chinese) designed LaCross in 2010 (built in Canada, I believe?), jumped right on that, still have it, even though I had to have the engine replaced at about 11k miles, had loose metal bits floating around that ended up in the crankshaft. Having an engine completely size up on you when driving is an interesting experience. So early manufacturing pains can happen almost anytime, anywhere. I'm hoping the c300 I'm picking up in the spring sometime (put the order in last month, not being input into the build queue until Jan, then 4 to 6 weeks wait). My first preference had been the Opel-built 2015 Regal, but no dealers in my area seem to care about having many on their lot to test drive (really wanted another Opel), and (I took it as a sign), M-B built a brand, shiny new dealership right in front of the GM dealer I go to for service. They DID have C300's to drive, and when the C300 ended up at about the same price as a new LaCross, it was pretty much a no-brainer. I just hate the wait.

After that ramble, I'm hoping an teething pains for QC have been worked out by the time the new build lines start up again. While they should strive for zero, I expect anything can/will be corrected by the dealer when I get it. Someday. Soon, I hope.