C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Rattle while using Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 08:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 c300
Rattle while using Bluetooth

Hi everyone, this is my first post so I apologize if this topic has already been discussed. I picked up my c300 last week and set my phone to Bluetooth. All calls when turned up to a medium volume cause a rattle in the driver side door that almost sounds like a coin is trapped in the door. It happens very infrequently when listening to music and once and a while when listening to talk radio. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Should I bring it in to the dealer or is there something I could do in the settings? Thank you in advance for your help!
-Matt
Old 12-27-2014, 10:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C300
I've also noticed this. It's def distortion while using BT, and it happens not only when I'm on a call, but when I'm playing any music from my phone.

not really sure what the cure is.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300
Cool Bluetooth rattle

I have the same problem in the passenger side door. I also hear it while playing music on occasion. Its sounds like something is loose and vibrating in the speaker.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:00 PM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
c300
Damn, I got the same problem on the passenger door. I thought I had something loose. The other day, I had my car parked in front of the house. All of a sudden, the alarm was triggered. I looked out and there was nobody. Later on, I came out and found that the rear passenger door became loosely opened. What the heck.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:58 AM

2015 C300
Alarm

Originally Posted by huyuci
Damn, I got the same problem on the passenger door. I thought I had something loose. The other day, I had my car parked in front of the house. All of a sudden, the alarm was triggered. I looked out and there was nobody. Later on, I came out and found that the rear passenger door became loosely opened. What the heck.
That's happened to me a few times. I discovered my wife wasn't using enough effort to close the driver side rear door. The car seals very tight so it requires more effort to shut the doors. You probably never shut the door to begin with.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C400
I'm having the same rattling/vibration issues with the speakers on both driver and passenger door. At certain music frequencies it sounds like static interference (almost like the speakers are blown). I've heard this noise while playing music with Bluetooth, CD, and talking on the phone through Bluetooth. Sometimes when I have the sound system off, the vibration can be heard over certain type of roads too. I think the Burmester speaker/grill in the front doors are generating the noise. Maybe they are not properly secured in the door so certain frequencies would cause them to make rattling noises. Will have to get them checked out at the dealer.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:49 PM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by Matts2015c300
Hi everyone, this is my first post so I apologize if this topic has already been discussed. I picked up my c300 last week and set my phone to Bluetooth. All calls when turned up to a medium volume cause a rattle in the driver side door that almost sounds like a coin is trapped in the door. It happens very infrequently when listening to music and once and a while when listening to talk radio. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Should I bring it in to the dealer or is there something I could do in the settings? Thank you in advance for your help!
-Matt
I have an appointment next week to have them look onto the speaker rattle, the burned out led light in the driver side rear door handle and the nasty squeal coming from my brakes. Someone in my family has a '15 c300 and has had it in twice for brake squeal and they finally admitted there was a problem on the c and s class due to a vendor switch. They will replace the brakes under warranty. I told them that I refuse to be jerked around and they need to replace the brakes since I don't want to return 3 times to have them correct the issue . I've had the car in 2 times so far. Once for a nasty dash rattle and the 2nd time they addressed the steering and tire recall. I've owned 2 Infinitis over 6 years and have only had to return to the dealer once for a problem. Needless today I'm not impressed. Love the car but if this is Mercedes quality I'm going back to Japanese.