C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Picture Help Needed C300 Sport Pin Stripe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
15 C300 Sport SOLD!!! :)
Picture Help Needed C300 Sport Pin Stripe

Hi gang,

I hit a deer two months ago and broke out the right headlamp assembly and did very minor damage to the right fender. The repair has been a fiasco between the body shop and the dealer, so much so that I may sell the car when I finally get it right. For example, when "attempting to align the fender gaps" the body shop accidentally cracked the fender (actually their fix of the damage failed, so it was poor workmanship to begin with). So it goes in tomorrow morning for a new fender, at their expense.

In looking it over prior to taking in back in, I noticed that the pin striping on that side is different from the striping on the driver's (left) side. On the driver's side there is a tri-star logo in the fender stripe near the driver's door. On the passenger side, just a stripe. I have one picture I took before the repairs that barely shows the logo on the passenger side. But I'm looking for a better photo in anticipation of their claim that it was never there. I've gone through the pictures stickie and didn't see one picture showing the stripes. I also checked MBUSA and a couple of dealer sites but couldn't find any other examples.

If anyone has a car with the stripes including the MB tri-star logo, can you please take a picture or two and email to me (my gmail is 14thbmw). I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Mike
2015 C300 Sport 4Matic

Last edited by Mikemcn; 12-28-2014 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Added car info
Old 12-29-2014, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
15 C300 Sport SOLD!!! :)
Update:

My wife had taken a picture when I bought the car and found it on her phone last night. When I took the car in this morning the body shop agreed that it needs to be redone.

Thanks to all, and Happy New Year!