C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Need help in my apple I phone 6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220
Need help in my apple I phone 6

I've just got a new 2015 black amg line c220 which I love, but having problems in connecting to the Internet to download apps and very keen to also down load emails. To be honest I was, expecting Apple airplay is this ever going to happen.

Any help would be really appciated in helping me connecting my phone to the Internet and emails.

Many thanks

Al
Old 01-01-2015, 03:07 PM
nnk

W205
It would help if you had read existing posts on this topic first and told us if you have COMAND or audio 20, have or have not been able to connect to the internet at all, what you have tried and where you got stuck ...

Your question is a little broad ...
(No disrespect intended)
Old 01-01-2015, 05:46 PM

C220
Ok fair point.. Is this a common problem where shall I look? I've got command and never been able to connect to the Internet. Every time I go to manage Internet connections and look at details my phone always say's it's offline.

Alex
Old 01-02-2015, 02:38 AM
nnk

W205
Originally Posted by Alsouthon
Ok fair point.. Is this a common problem where shall I look? I've got command and never been able to connect to the Internet. Every time I go to manage Internet connections and look at details my phone always say's it's offline.

Alex
Ok, I have audio 20; so I can only give you some general guidance, but I'd suggest the following:
- read the comand manual here (http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/service_and_parts/owners_manuals)
- make sure that -after setting your iPhone up- you actually select it as the device that should be used for the connection to the Internet, in the Internet connections menu
- make sure you have the personal hotspot function on you iPhone turned on (to activate iPhone tethering)
- make sure you are not connected to you home/work wifi network when testing: iPhone does not allow wifi tethering ...

Good luck ...
Old 01-02-2015, 01:54 PM

C250 AMG Prem +
When I visited my dealer with the same problem they told me that there is a recognised issue with IOS 8.1+ and the MB Internet connection. Apparently there is a software patch available and I will get round to booking in my car for the update, however from what other users have suggested the features available are not great and the connection is slow so no great hurry!
Old 01-02-2015, 02:04 PM
nnk

W205
Originally Posted by mightywhites
When I visited my dealer with the same problem they told me that there is a recognised issue with IOS 8.1+ and the MB Internet connection. Apparently there is a software patch available and I will get round to booking in my car for the update, however from what other users have suggested the features available are not great and the connection is slow so no great hurry!
Must be in more recent versions of the W205: I have been using iPhones with all recent iOS versions in my August 2014 W205/Audio 20. I am now on iOS 8.1.2 with an iPhone 6: works fine (on 4G) for me ....
Old 01-02-2015, 02:13 PM

C250 AMG Prem +
Maybe Comand is the issue.
I had done all the things you suggested in your post and although the iPhone indicates that a connection has been made Comand still shows the status as offline.
When I called in at the dealer their "guru" did not even attempt to try the connection, just said "won't work till patch is applied" Will try to book it in in next week or so and will advise what happens
(my car is a late October german build for UK)
Old 01-02-2015, 02:22 PM
nnk

W205
Maybe Comand is the issue.
I had done all the things you suggested in your post and although the iPhone indicates that a connection has been made Comand still shows the status as offline.
When I called in at the dealer their "guru" did not even attempt to try the connection, just said "won't work till patch is applied" Will try to book it in in next week or so and will advise what happens
(my car is a late October german build for UK)
Good luck: please keep us posted!
Old 01-28-2015, 11:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 S63 4-Matic
Originally Posted by nnk
Must be in more recent versions of the W205: I have been using iPhones with all recent iOS versions in my August 2014 W205/Audio 20. I am now on iOS 8.1.2 with an iPhone 6: works fine (on 4G) for me ....
Glad to know you have iPhone 6 working with your vehicle.

I have a 2015 S550, and tethering with Personal Hotspot works fine with iPhone 5S, but not with my iPhone 6 or my iPhone 6+.

I swapped the sim card between these 3 phones, so I should be a good tester/debugger for this.

I think there is something different with the Bluetooth hardware on the iPhone 6 and 6+ and/or the 2015 S550 is doing something not quite "Bluetooth Standard".

I was hoping the Jan 26 2015 iOS 8.1.3 update would fix the problem possibly, but it apparently did not fix the problem.

I want to push for a solution.

If anyone has their iPhone 6 working to share it's 3G or 4G LTE data connection over to the S550 through Personal Hotspot, could you do me a favour and next time you are at the dealer, ask to try it out on a 2015 S550 and let me know if you can do it or not. I'm betting it won't work, and that will help to establish that there is a problem.

I'd open a tech support case if I knew how to do it - I think it's more in the realm of what the Mercedes mechanics would do.

Thanks for any help.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:52 PM

C220 AMG Line
Ive just successfully connected my new IP6 to the COMAND system. Internet access works fine without any issues.
Car - AMG line German build, delivered late December - to the UK.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:30 PM

C250 AMG Prem +
An update to my ongoing issues with iPhone 5S IOS 8.X and W205 Connectivity.

My car is booked into the dealer tomorrow as the COM module has packed in along with a couple of the LED Lights in the door handles. I also asked them to update the software as they had suggested this was the issue with my connectivity when I called in a few weeks ago.

However I was messing around tonight and managed to connect my wife iPhone 5 running latest IOS 8 release with no issues so can only assume the issue is carrier related,I'm on O2 she's on EE.

Then found some posts on O2 forums with people having same issue with O2 and W205. Post seems to suggest an issue with O2's APN settings which Mercedes MK are aware of but no solution has been offered.

Any UK owners on O2 managed to solve the issue?
Old 02-05-2015, 05:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 S63 4-Matic
An update to my ongoing issues with iPhone 5S IOS 8.X and W205 Connectivity.

My car is booked into the dealer tomorrow as the COM module has packed in along with a couple of the LED Lights in the door handles. I also asked them to update the software as they had suggested this was the issue with my connectivity when I called in a few weeks ago.

However I was messing around tonight and managed to connect my wife iPhone 5 running latest IOS 8 release with no issues so can only assume the issue is carrier related,I'm on O2 she's on EE.

Then found some posts on O2 forums with people having same issue with O2 and W205. Post seems to suggest an issue with O2's APN settings which Mercedes MK are aware of but no solution has been offered.

Any UK owners on O2 managed to solve the issue?

I don't know the full issue here, but if you try a different iPhone with your sim card, you will probably not have problems.

What I have learned is that the car and the iPhone can get stuck in a "bluetooth hell loop" that is not easy to clear off.

You can probably solve it by resetting settings on iPhone and deleting any and all bluetooth stuff listed in Settings Bluetooth, and deauthorizing all phones on the car side, then start from scratch.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C250 Diesel Estate AMG Line Premium Plus
I asked my dealer to look at this. They got it connected fine for an iPhone on Vodafone, but couldn't connect two different phones on O2.

Despite that, the Mercedes tech department keep blurting on about my phone not being set up for tethering.

I'm posting this from a laptop that is tethered via that phone, so that's clearly bogus.

What a rubbish service.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:31 AM

B200T
Originally Posted by PaulArthur
I asked my dealer to look at this. They got it connected fine for an iPhone on Vodafone, but couldn't connect two different phones on O2.

Despite that, the Mercedes tech department keep blurting on about my phone not being set up for tethering.

I'm posting this from a laptop that is tethered via that phone, so that's clearly bogus.

What a rubbish service.
but is your laptop tethered via WiFi hotspot, or via bluetooth tethering (as the car requires)?
Old 02-25-2015, 09:37 AM

Ooooh. Interesting.

It's tethered to the phone via Wifi presumably. So I wonder, is there a way for a network to not allow bluetooth tethering?
Old 02-25-2015, 09:41 AM

Just checked with O2 - they allow bluetooth tethering.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:08 AM

So it seems that no device on O2 will work.

http://bit.ly/1A6quxZ
Old 02-25-2015, 10:28 AM

B200T
Originally Posted by PaulArthur
So it seems that no device on O2 will work.

http://bit.ly/1A6quxZ
I wonder why O2 would do that? I can understand not allowing tethering at all unless you pay extra $$, but allowing WiFi tethering and not bluetooth (which can consume far less data/hour)?
Old 02-27-2015, 02:29 PM

C220 Bluetec
From another thread:
Interesting development, last night I got my iPhone 6 on O2 to provide an internet connection here in the UK.
The only difference to my previous attempts that all failed was that this was the first time I had tried to connect over 4G, I was in a fairly strong 4G signal area in Thurrock near the M25, I tried several of the Mercedes Benz apps and they all worked.
I drove off towards central London on the M25/A127 where the signal changed to 3G the connection carried on I was listening to Internet radio streaming from the US, I managed to listen for some 6 miles until my phone rang and the connection eventually dropped.(Long phone call)
I subsequently tried again the phone had reasonable 3G signal but the connection just timed out as per usual.
I can make no conclusions from this only that O2 do not stop car use as has been stated elsewhere, I will try again next week when I am near the same location.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:30 AM

w205
All I can do is confirm what others are posting, my O2 iphone works perfectly on calls but refuses to connect on data, I have connected an iphone on Vodafone which worked immediately and accessed the MB Apps, today I tried a phone on EE and that also works. Ive logged a call with O2 and Mercedes, surely one of them can identify where the fault lays, I'd have hoped Mercedes would take a lead but I suspect this affects a small number of customers and doesnt register on their faults. At the moment only option appears to be a change of network which is preferable to a change of car.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:01 AM

C63 AMG Coupe
I have a new C63 S with comand and iphone 6 with o2. I cannot connect at all like most with similar set ups. But I also just bought a VW Polo and I couldnt connect via 3G but when I had 4 G it connected fine. So, it would seem O2 can connect to cars - but is it just the strength of signal or the Mercedes ?
Old 01-04-2016, 11:50 AM

w205
I've given up trying to get the iPhone working on O2, the dealer simply doesnt get anywhere, Ive switched the phone to EE and all is well.