C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Modified W205s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 09:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C400 AMG (Sedan)
I opted for taking all the badging off the car.

No need for anyone (except a trained eye) to see I have 300+ ponies under the hood.

Less is more I say...
The following users liked this post:
Igotsoul4u (03-12-2017)
Old 01-16-2015, 11:06 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Originally Posted by twinblack
I think he has every right to have AMG on those brakes. In Australia I also have the AMG line option, these are listed below.

-AMG Sports seats
-19" AMG multi-spoke alloy wheels in bi-colour black
-AMG bodystyling comprising front apron, side sill panels and rear apron
-Sports suspension lowered by 15mm
-Sports steering wheel with flattened bottom section and chrome gear shift levers
-Dashboard and beltlines in stitched black ARTICO man-made leather
-AMG sports pedals in brushed stainless steel with black rubber studs
-Black ash open-pore wood / brushed aluminium trim
-Analogue clock in centre dashboard
-Perforated front brake discs
-Sports Direct-Steer system
-Tyre pressure monitoring system
-AMG floor mats

As this packs gives an AMG brake package then they are AMG break option. Why not have a sticker. In other parts of the world you dont have packs like this.

It is not an AMG. That's why,

How does anyone have a right? The only right he has is to look like a poser, and if he chooses that, so be it. Maybe he has bigger stones than me to put up with the mockery, but I sure as hell wouldn't.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w205
Would you think it was cool if I took my honda civic and modded it and added a 3 pointed star ? What if I added a C400 badge in the back too .. would be ridiculous no ?

That said, it is a free country !

(actually you could probably get sued for copyright).
Old 01-16-2015, 06:37 PM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
c300
Originally Posted by coladin
It is not an AMG. That's why,

How does anyone have a right? The only right he has is to look like a poser, and if he chooses that, so be it. Maybe he has bigger stones than me to put up with the mockery, but I sure as hell wouldn't.

I was gonna ignore, but this is getting f**king annoying. I thought I was like a kid having fun with my car, but you a**h*le are the ones acting like kids. You're like those jihadist worshiping the AMG god. Sh*t, man, it's just a f**king car. if Mercedes can slap AMG on a f**king floor mat, why can't I put a little AMG on the f**king trunk when the body already has a AMG style, and the f**king wheels has AMG badge on it? Besides, it's my f**king car, I have a right to do whatever I want with it.
And did you dumb**** take a look at the new 2015 C63? They look almost identical, so it's not like I'm slapping a Mercedes logo on a Honda Civic like the other retard was comparing to.

Last edited by huyuci; 01-16-2015 at 06:44 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by huyuci:
invalidjson (12-07-2020), Tlogic17 (09-24-2017)
Old 01-16-2015, 06:41 PM

c300
Originally Posted by rapalax
Would you think it was cool if I took my honda civic and modded it and added a 3 pointed star ? What if I added a C400 badge in the back too .. would be ridiculous no ?

That said, it is a free country !

(actually you could probably get sued for copyright).

What a retard example. The 2 have nothing in common and they're different brands while the C63 and C300 are from the same brand while sharing 90% of the style. You make a really good defense lawyer.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
15 Mercedes C400, 12 Mercedes C250 coupe
Originally Posted by huyuci
I was gonna ignore, but this is getting f**king annoying. I thought I was like a kid having fun with my car, but you a**h*le are the ones acting like kids. You're like those jihadist worshiping the AMG god. Sh*t, man, it's just a f**king car. if Mercedes can slap AMG on a f**king floor mat, why can't I put a little AMG on the f**king trunk when the body already has a AMG style, and the f**king wheels has AMG badge on it? Besides, it's my f**king car, I have a right to do whatever I want with it.
And did you dumb**** take a look at the new 2015 C63? They look almost identical, so it's not like I'm slapping a Mercedes logo on a Honda Civic like the other retard was comparing to.
The //AMG badge represents a lot of heritage and craftsmanship. "One man, One engine" where the motors are hand assembled and the people behind it take pride in their work. AMG has blurred lines with some packages and lines, just like "M" styling packages for BMW or S-line cars from Audi, but the moniker of an AMG badge represents more than just style, it represents history and the performance, and racing, so in my opinion what makes an AMG, an AMG is what is under the hood, not the floor mats. Yes it is your car you can do what you like, but if you are going to post on a public forum full of mercedes enthusiasts who respect and know the history, don't be surprised by some of the conflicting opinions.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
IMO it's huyuci's own money and his car. He wants to put badging on his car, or zig-zag want's to take his off, who am I to judge?! Both of their cars look sharp to me.

Car aficionados will know the difference, and I don't think MB will loose sleep when the C450 is mass produced, minus the 'one man, one engine craftsmanship', with their own //AMG badging.

Last edited by floridadriver; 01-16-2015 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:41 PM

'13 C350, '13 GLK250
Originally Posted by angeloxnet
The //AMG badge represents a lot of heritage and craftsmanship. "One man, One engine" where the motors are hand assembled and the people behind it take pride in their work. AMG has blurred lines with some packages and lines, just like "M" styling packages for BMW or S-line cars from Audi, but the moniker of an AMG badge represents more than just style, it represents history and the performance, and racing, so in my opinion what makes an AMG, an AMG is what is under the hood, not the floor mats. Yes it is your car you can do what you like, but if you are going to post on a public forum full of mercedes enthusiasts who respect and know the history, don't be surprised by some of the conflicting opinions.
Very well said. Coming from BMW's (and one of them an M3) before my current Benzes and having had to put up with the same debates on the M forums when the posers put their M badges on a regular 3 series....I've got nothing but sympathy for these guys. They're clueless about the significance of performance heritage and are simply hoping that similarly clueless people out there will "ooh and ahh" over their "AMG", ///M or whatever else they've badge engineered to replicate the real thing. Pathetic really.

So to Huyuci and his fellow supporters with your AMG wheels, mats, steering wheels, body panels and whatever else you care to waste your time listing...oops, forgot the AMG "sport pedals" which obviously make the car go and stop faster.....how 'bout posting your mods and your thoughts over in the C63 forum? Pretty sure you'd be a big hit there too.

Sorry floridadriver....on this issue we are night and day.

Last edited by Mark's M; 01-16-2015 at 11:44 PM.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 158 Posts
2023 EQS 580
You can put AMG wheels on your car with the AMG badge on the wheels because they are AMG wheels.
If the brakes are AMG brakes then that is fine too.

However, placing an AMG badge on the CAR when the CAR is not an AMG is not acceptable for car enthusiasts.

If you come to the forum you will run into a lot on car enthusiasts. So posers are often not welcome.

Its your car, you can do what you want, but you cannot come to a car forum with pictures of your car pretending to be something that car enthusiasts have respect for its performance.

If you run into a car enthusiast in real life they will likely ridicule you on the spot and look at you as someone who is less than the scum of the earth.

Enjoy your "fakeness" if it makes you feel better but don't expect to earn the respect or treated as an equal from car enthusiasts.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:08 AM

c300
Originally Posted by Tjdehya
You can put AMG wheels on your car with the AMG badge on the wheels because they are AMG wheels.
If the brakes are AMG brakes then that is fine too.

However, placing an AMG badge on the CAR when the CAR is not an AMG is not acceptable for car enthusiasts.

If you come to the forum you will run into a lot on car enthusiasts. So posers are often not welcome.

Its your car, you can do what you want, but you cannot come to a car forum with pictures of your car pretending to be something that car enthusiasts have respect for its performance.

If you run into a car enthusiast in real life they will likely ridicule you on the spot and look at you as someone who is less than the scum of the earth.

Enjoy your "fakeness" if it makes you feel better but don't expect to earn the respect or treated as an equal from car enthusiasts.

I put it on the trunk because...it's an AMG trunk, haha ha. Notice I didn't put C63 on it.

"Less than the scum of the earth". Geez. Is it necessary to be so extreme? I put it on because I like the logo. I didn't even know what the f*** AMG mean before I bought the car. So, maybe it's a little out of whack. Maybe it's not standard. But so what? it doesn't harm anyone. But somehow that makes me the scum of the earth? I'm glad your a car enthusiast, and not a radical muslim.
invalidjson (12-07-2020)
Old 01-17-2015, 05:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 268 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
Originally Posted by Eilers
While having to procrastinate excessivly in another thread, over the rear exhaust design (because of the overly fastidious Glyn M Ruck and Vic, and their new obsession with weighing my every word on a scale) I came across what looks to be a neat and simple little modification.

May be old news for some, but much to my own surprise, the C63 does not have genuine exhaust pipes, but the same type of Faux tail pipes and rear silencers, shaped like the rest of the models. So getting your ride to look like a C63 at the rear, seems like a simple job. If you already have the AMG body kit, then it looks like all you need for the C63 transformation, is the middle diffusor panels and the four faux tail pipes.

Please elaborate, what is "fake" in the above picture?
Look at any other car make with bumper mounted exhaust tips and they will look the same, the exhaust gases will still exit throgh the tips as well as sound.

If you had any insight in how cars work you would understand this.
The exhaust system is a moving part, it can when hot expand up to 50mm.s in length, it is supported in rubber mounts to prevent vibrations and noice.
If the exhaust system where to be fitted to the exhaust tips there would have to be a large clearence gap in the bumper around it.

I know that you wont take anything I say to you seriously, but maybe others will and are interested in how this works.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:49 AM

'13 C350, '13 GLK250
Originally Posted by huyuci
I didn't even know what the f*** AMG mean before I bought the car.
Geez really??? Wouldn't ever have guessed
Old 01-17-2015, 04:16 PM

BMW 525i

I took the AMG badge off my W220 because it wasn't an AMG. Even MB doesn't put an AMG badge on the AMG Sport car.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 74 Posts
E55 AMG & C63 AMG
Originally Posted by angeloxnet

Yes, thank you for this post. Well said.

That AMG badge has got to go...
Old 01-18-2015, 12:00 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 C43
I'm interested in seeing some modded w205s here, not a flame thread on the age-old AMG badge argument. Lets put it to bed.

To each their own - but anyone who knows better is laughing at you

There you go
Old 01-18-2015, 12:15 AM

Received 106 Likes on 62 Posts
W205 C250BT
Originally Posted by dirtye30

I took the AMG badge off my W220 because it wasn't an AMG. Even MB doesn't put an AMG badge on the AMG Sport car.
On the C450 they put twin AMG badges on the front guards

Graycat305 (08-27-2023)
Old 01-18-2015, 05:24 PM

2015 C250 W205 - AMG
Originally Posted by DBOC205
And this comment and photo right here just trumps everyone about badges. Anyone who owns their car can do whatever they want to it. For the person saying about M sport badges on BMW's you have it wrong also. On the new 3 series and 5 series, if you have M pack they also put the M badges on the guards.

Regarding the comment on "whats under the hood" makes the car an AMG isnt correct. The entire car is different, suspension, steering, wheels, exhaust. If I do an engine swap and put the AMG v8 in my car can I put a badge on the back?

Everyone has thier own opinion and can do what they want to a car. I want to do something completely different and remove all the badges. I prefer the clean look and thats something I will doing soon.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:39 PM

2010 BMW X5
Originally Posted by DBOC205
Originally Posted by twinblack
And this comment and photo right here just trumps everyone about badges. Anyone who owns their car can do whatever they want to it. For the person saying about M sport badges on BMW's you have it wrong also. On the new 3 series and 5 series, if you have M pack they also put the M badges on the guards.
+1

get off huyuci's nuts, seriously.

i mean the new car is even called c450 AMG 4matic. its literally in the name.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:27 PM

'13 C350, '13 GLK250
And this^^^^^IMO is a mistake on the part of MB. This new arm of MB/AMG or collaboration or whatever you want to call it has been known as "AMG Sport" up until now. Why they've chosen to place the standalone AMG badge on the side of the car is beyond me. Still....it's the company that placed it and I suspect the squared off badge with silver lettering and black background will represent these new "middle of the road" vehicles vs the dedicated alpha & numerical badges that adorn the rear of a proper AMG vehicle.

And sorry synaptik....a poser's a poser and I stand by my thoughts. Having said that, the C450 sounds like it might just deserve a tiny AMG badge in a non-traditional location, ie NOT on the trunk edge and NOT in the normal AMG script. Just gotta replace those bicycle wheels and tires...which will be the first mod that I post when I get it!!!

Last edited by Mark's M; 01-18-2015 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:44 PM

2009 C300, 2012 C300, 2015 C300
If the car comes with an AMG badge, then you're all good.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:58 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 C 180 AMG Sportline W205
The AMG badge is only recognized by car enthusiasts or Mercedes drivers.
They will without doubt see that the car is not a true AMG just by a quick glance at the exhaust and bonnet.

Everybody else don't know what AMG means or what it's for. You could have a badge saying BNH and they wouldn know and wouldn't care.

So in my opinion it doesn't make any sense to stick an AMG badge on the car.

If the factory sticks an AMG badge on the side, or the mats or the pedals, it is OK - because that is by design - and enthusiasts will know that too, and you won't get any hassle.

But it is your car, your money, and you can absolutely do what you want

Last edited by megaoctane; 01-19-2015 at 02:54 AM.
Old 01-19-2015, 03:47 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
benzw205
Why changing anything on this car that is already perfect ? I even find the Brabus customization ridiculous...
Old 01-19-2015, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by vic viper
If you had any insight in how cars work you would understand this.
The exhaust system is a moving part, it can when hot expand up to 50mm.s in length
so what you're saying is that the exhaust system expands 2 inches in length?

Do you have any factual support for this frankly ludicrous statement?

Also, all the whining over the kids stupid badge? Really? Who cares? Its not your car, and its not like he's claiming its a C63, so whats the big deal.

heritage and craftsmanship???? give me a freaking break.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 268 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
Originally Posted by Quadcammer
so what you're saying is that the exhaust system expands 2 inches in length?

Do you have any factual support for this frankly ludicrous statement?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_expansion

Ludicrous, why?
Old 01-19-2015, 12:39 PM

c300
Originally Posted by synaptik
+1

get off huyuci's nuts, seriously.

i mean the new car is even called c450 AMG 4matic. its literally in the name.

Thank you ! I was starting to think that everyone on this board is an insane fanatic who's going to make this forum an AMG caliphate. I mean, I get called "scum of the earth" for putting a stupid badge on my trunk? Not that I give a crap what they call me, but don't you see how ridiculous that is?

So, get off my NUTS. It's making me uncomfortable

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modified W205s