C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

RWD C in US January 20th?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 06:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
RWD C in US January 20th?

Anyone with confirmation? Anyone with an early RWD order build date?

A dealer said that Jan 20 was just announced, every dealer in US will get one car, just like the 4matic roll out, and orders which have been taken since late October coming within a day or two after. I'm not sure Mercedes' history of hitting these dates, or them making a roll out event of existing model when going from 2WD to 4WD or vice versa. He had a chance to go to drive one at the Vance facility last week. He also said in March, the tours for public resume, and Vance factory delivery will be available. We'll see...
Old 01-11-2015, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Originally Posted by floridadriver
Anyone with confirmation? Anyone with an early RWD order build date?

A dealer said that Jan 20 was just announced, every dealer in US will get one car, just like the 4matic roll out, and orders which have been taken since late October coming within a day or two after. I'm not sure Mercedes' history of hitting these dates, or them making a roll out event of existing model when going from 2WD to 4WD or vice versa. He had a chance to go to drive one at the Vance facility last week. He also said in March, the tours for public resume, and Vance factory delivery will be available. We'll see...
I hope the US plant realizes that's Rear Wheel Drive, not Right Wheel Drive.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:45 AM

2015 C300 RWD
Originally Posted by StanNH
I hope the US plant realizes that's Rear Wheel Drive, not Right Wheel Drive.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
This is meant with all sincerity and no sarcasm. Imagine what is happening in the plant now. They are trying to get control over a variety of issues to improve build quality. Just based on the likely diversion of resources (people) to address those issues, the potential for achieving a good launch of another variety is reduced. I would urge that you wait, if possible, for July production of the 16MY.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 C350, '13 GLK250
Originally Posted by Sportstick
This is meant with all sincerity and no sarcasm. Imagine what is happening in the plant now. They are trying to get control over a variety of issues to improve build quality. Just based on the likely diversion of resources (people) to address those issues, the potential for achieving a good launch of another variety is reduced. I would urge that you wait, if possible, for July production of the 16MY.
Which is why I'm hopeful and can patiently wait while all (most?) of this stuff gets resolved. Still waiting IMPATIENTLY for the C450 intro and specs before I get serious about narrowing down my choice of vehicle this year. The 450 will be a '16 MY so it's timeline is good in terms of the fixes. Fingers crossed all goes well.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:38 PM

2015 C300 RWD
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Hi! Not taken sarcastic at all, MY2016 for Rear Wheel Drive, due to late spring launch for MY2015, is per dealer not until November 2015 (please advise if you have heard differently). They will not officially release allocations until then, he said. And for a full 2nd year cycle of RWD, need to wait for the 2017 MY in July 2016. Unsure where (OR IF) to get on the Vance Alabama train. A part of me wonders if now while they know this car has been a QC nightmare, is a better time of oversight. No way to know. Like picking lotto numbers it seems to me, never being in the business as you have.