C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Issues with Comand Media Player

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 03:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250(W205)
Issues with Comand Media Player

Hi Guys,

I'm a proud owner of a C250 however I've noticed some limitations with the Comand interface especially when playing music from an SD card or saving to the Comand hard drive. When I play music I like to play from different folders/albums however I can't find an option to let you do this. If I select play music in random oder, it plays through everything on the SD card/hard drive not a particular album. Even when saving the songs to the 10gb registry, there are no options to organise your music into playlists or folders.

Am I missing something or is the W205 in need of a firmware update.

Regards
Harj

Ps this is my first ever post here so I apologise if this topic has been bought up in the past, but I couldn't find a thread mentioning it.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:29 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Corvette/2017 E-300
You're are correct...you cannot organize tracks/folder using the media register. I organize my music prior to copying to media register. I decided to just play my music from a portable HD...just so that I can organize folders as I'd like.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:23 AM

C250(W205)
Originally Posted by NYC-Style
You're are correct...you cannot organize tracks/folder using the media register. I organize my music prior to copying to media register. I decided to just play my music from a portable HD...just so that I can organize folders as I'd like.
I've tried putting song in folders on hard drive/sd card but the comand still only sees the songs not the folders. The only way to do it is on an iPod but I feel the sound quality from the iPod doesn't do the burmester system justice.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:14 PM

Corvette/2017 E-300
Originally Posted by H4RJ
I've tried putting song in folders on hard drive/sd card but the comand still only sees the songs not the folders. The only way to do it is on an iPod but I feel the sound quality from the iPod doesn't do the burmester system justice.
Actually if you select "search" you can see the folders...or at least you should be able to....I can.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:48 PM

C250(W205)
Actually if you select "search" you can see the folders...or at least you should be able to....I can.
You can see the folders but you can't play an entire folder only, it will still play the entire storage.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:06 PM

Corvette/2017 E-300
Originally Posted by H4RJ
You can see the folders but you can't play an entire folder only, it will still play the entire storage.
I think if you go into "options"; then "manage media player" and then "playback options"...you can select how the tracks are played back. I think if you select normal playback it'll play all tracks in that folder. I'm doing this from memory as I didn't drive my MB today...
Old 01-21-2015, 05:18 PM

C250(W205)
I think if you go into "options"; then "manage media player" and then "playback options"...you can select how the tracks are played back. I think if you select normal playback it'll play all tracks in that folder. I'm doing this from memory as I didn't drive my MB today...
I will give this a try. I normally like playing my music on random, but that plays anything on the storage not the folder. Thanks. I wonder if would be worth creating a thread for owners to submit suggestions for the next firmware update.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB W204, VW Polo, Audi R8 V10 - SOLD.
From memory on my old W204 you could restrict the randomisation inside a folder only by doing something with the playback options? I could be wrong because I just normally randomise the whole music database.